The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Perfect ACAAN (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 22:31, Justin W wrote:
Barrie Richardson's impromptu ACAAN.

Barring that, there is another, and it's excellent. In light of this recent ACAAN resurgence, I'm not sure why it hasn't gotten very much attention.

No gaffs, no sleights, plays big, and the performer never touches the deck.

Go figure.

Maybe because those "in the know" want to keep it for themselves? It's a good one. Very good.
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
It dodged the hype machine, which is nice.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Justin: It probably has something to do with the fact that it's only been published in written form. With the waning interest in books, it's likely to remain fairly exclusive unless/until someone puts it on a video. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they never do...

Andru
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I forgot to mention that one. I have read Barries Impromptu Any Card at any number. Now unless I missed something the performer does touch the cards and there are sleights. They are pretty simple but the performer does handle the cards and they are manipulated. However, I do like the fact that it can be a borrowed deck and thoroughly shuffled. Now I did read that he had an earlier version before the impromptu version. If that is true then maybe he had a previous version where he did not touch the cards?
McSweeney
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of McSweeney
Brad,

Quote:

Barring that, there is another
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2011-10-21 00:35, McSweeney wrote:
Brad,

Quote:

Barring that, there is another

Sorry about that. I was reading too fast. Barries is an excellent version though. I have been practicing Meant to Be and that is probably what I will use if I ever decide to do an ACAAN. It is incredibly straightforward. I just ordered his Flip Shift also and should be recieving it tomorrow. I'm interested to see what his move is.

However, I am interested in this ACAAN that you are talking about, if you don't mind sharing. You can PM me if you want to keep it on the DL. Smile
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2011-10-21 00:19, luvisi wrote:
Justin: It probably has something to do with the fact that it's only been published in written form. With the waning interest in books, it's likely to remain fairly exclusive unless/until someone puts it on a video. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they never do...

Andru

Nor would I. In fact, let's tell Barry not to sell any more copies. Smile
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Sorry for the back to back post, but I thought I would share an idea for an interesting take on the ACAAN plot. What if you used a B******* C**** to force a card with one deck and had a second deck setup for the Telepathic card routine from expert card technique. You could then have the spectators keep the card and number to themselves up until the point that you reach the card in the count down. That could be a very powerful almost hands off version. Just a thought.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I've been playing around with an idea similar to that, Brad.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
If only I could master the handling required for telepathic card. It is just so brilliant but not that easy. I just need to practice more. Using the BC would help eliminate any suspiicion of sleight of hand. The only handling you would do is dealing the cards. You could make it into a type of mentalism trick. The spectator who selects the card needs to have a good clear image of the card. Hence why you give them the deck. The other two spectators who choose the numbers could be challenged to not only read the first spectators mind but perform a type of remote viewing to determine how many cards down it is in the deck. or something like that. Just thinking out loud.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I don't know what the fuss is about with the ACAAN. For laymen all you have to do is palm out the card then put it back after the count. I never get caught, and get a pretty good reaction. Is this too simple? It looks like you didn't handle the cards at all, too. PM me if you want my routine.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
IMHO, an Open prediction effects seems a lot more fun
SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I've been recently just having the card selected, returned to the deck and palmed out. Let the spectator shuffle, then add the card on top as I take it back, and second deal until I reach the number called. Simple.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
My ACAAN is just ask spectator(SHE) shuffle the deck. name a card and a number.. count to it, and ask how she know... repeat everything again... ask how she know.. repeat everything again... freak out and say, please give me your number, I need learn this from you..

Then, couple of date and chatting.. about how she aren't able to duplicated with her friends...weird, another reason to investigate what happen that night...til we abit to change the topic to a good movie, a good restaurant...
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magicmagician83
I have been working on my own which uses the Wormhole principle. I reccommend Wormhole if you do not have it, it is a fantastic double signed card to pocket effect with no palming. Basically in my version, the card is named, it is removed, shown and lost into the deck. A little misdirection and the secret move and the spectator can now shuffle the cards themselves. The number is named and the cards are dealt face up onto the table. A little more misdirection and the card arrives at the number named. No real moves, just two moments of decent misdirection.

This is copy and pasted from another discussion on the best ACAAN., I would credit the poster but I forgot who it was.

Biblio/Videography

Aaronson, Simon: Aronson Approach 1990 by ; 2 methods: Twice as Hard. One method suggests to cuing a stooge for ACAAN: “So I have a memorized deck and I would like someone to name any card out of 52. Say they name the jack of clubs (33) in Aaronson stack and I want to code to a stooge (even imprompt) who is in on the trick the number 33. There is a method, by saying to the stooge that he can name any number between 1-52 for eg 44 or 11 etc. As these two numbers are said, the stooge deducts one from the other and names 33.”

Ackerman, Allan: Advanced Card Control Series DVD Vol Six: The Faro Shuffle: Any Card at Any Number & Any Card At Any Number. Lybrary.com

Adams, Martin: Mystra Deck (marketed Item) 2009 come with a special deck and a booklet that contains 11 routines enabling to perform a Chair Prediction, Open Prediction, ACAAN, Tossed out deck and many more with the Mystra Deck and all of them hands off by the performer

Anderson, Dave and Eric: AH-HA: Outsmart offers a great presentation for card at any number.

Andrus, Jerry: A Lifetime of Magic DVD #2 Any Card, Any Number: A signed selection appears at a freely thought of position in the deck.

Anonymous: C.A.N.N.A.B.I.S. Marketed Item MJM Magic w/DVD. Cannabis stands for "Card At Named Number Amongst Blanks Is Selected” and that’s exactly what happens. The only card in the entire deck with a printed back and face is their thought of a card and their thought of a number. Easy to do, ingenious method, with quick re-set version included for working situations this will instantly become a reputation making addition to your repertoire. Comes with Bicycle deck gimmick, decorative tin container and instructional DVD.

Arce, Gregory: Four Thought A Coffee At Any Number? A quirky card at any number where the spectator stops you as you drop mini-cards into a coffee mug and he ends up stopping you at his earlier chosen card. All Cards At All Numbers ? an even quirkier ACAAN effect where the spectator stops you at one place in the deck and it turns out to be the only place that contains a facsimile of his card? A 52 to 1 card. There several handlings for this that are explained

Berglas David: Mind & Magic of David Berglas In the descriptions by Warlock and Richardson, David Berglas NEVER TOUCHES THE DECK OF CARDS. While in the explanation by Mr.Britland, the deck is admittedly CUT by David Berglas. Fourty years ago in London, Martin Breese had run an ad for “The Berglas Effect”, Any card at any number. “The deck is out at the top. No stooge. No force. No switch. The spectator names a card. The spectator names a number. The spectator uncases the deck. The spectator counts. The card is there. The effect is 50 pounds, [$100 at the time -more than $1000 today] and sales are limited to 100 orders.” Martin Breese received 100 orders. Goodliffe died, the deal fell apart, and Martin refunded everyone's money. Except for Steve Martin, the actor, either because he had gotten famous or because Martin couldn’t find him. As a result Martin Breese and David Berglas did not speak for almost 20 years. Twenty years later, however, Martin Breese is at David Berglas’s home in North London. David Berglas hands Martin Breese a deck. Martin is adamant: the deck is out at the top. No stooges, no force, no switch. Martin Breese names a card. Martin names a number. The card is there. Martin then turns on a tape recorder. For the next 3 hours, David Berglas speaks. He tips it all, every detail, every nuance, every subtlety – the whole thing. A week later, Martin sends David a CD of the recording. Two days later, David calls Martin and tells him to hold off: he apparently claims to intend writing a book, which reveals the secret of “The Berglas Effect”. The book comes out but it’s not there. To this day, no one on earth, other than Martin Breese and David Berglas, has heard the contents of that recording. The master sits in a safe in Martin Breese’s home in Brighton. This story alone offers the ground to a fabulous presentation and a lot of canceling out possibilities…

Born, John: Meant to Be. Several methods for ACAAN with a magician’s hands off are offered there. Contributors include Ken Krenzel, Allan Ackerman, Barrie Richardson, Banachek and Luke Jermay, Martin Joyal, Joshua Jay, Tony Miller, Paul Cummins, Mike Powers, Jason Dean. Probably the best book on the effect. Worth comparing with Alain Nu’s book.

David Britland: Cardopolis http://cardopolis.blogspot.com/2007_12_16_archive.html The Bogus effect. This very good version is accessible to anyone on the net and is achieved thanks to a Svengali deck.

Cassell, Stuart & Royle, Jonathan: The Holy Grail Of Mentalism (Any Card At Any Number And Other Reputation Making Effects); Within the pages of this 55 page information packed PDF E-Book we can learn one of the cleanest and most impressive looking (to an audience) versions of the legendary “Berglas Effect” that has ever been released to the Magic World. See performance on Youtube in a bar at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwjTAJwhmGI and on BBC television http://www.nlpconnections.com/sale/12964......sis.html If the script was better (not as bare) the effect would be perfect.

Caswell, Brian: Trilogy Alakazam Magic: You name a random card, spectator one picks a random number. Next you name a second random card and a second spectator picks a different number. Finally, YOU name a number and spectator three names ANY CARD he likes. Get this, you ALWAYS choose first! You open the card case and remove the deck. You freely show that all 52 cards have different numbers on them. You remove the card spectator number 3 named and place it face up on their hand. You now turn the deck over and remove the cards bearing the numbers spectators one and two named. When you flip over the first two you have an exact match card/numbers! The third card is still face up, Remember; spectator three had a free choice of ANY card. It couldn't possibly be, could it? The spectator turns it over - it's the exact number you named!!! All three spectators are left holding the exact card/number match that they picked.

Dobson, Wayne: Birthday Card DVD by JB Magic. An incredible card at any number using any deck and anyone’s Birthday. A brilliant comedy Card At Any Number, with a mind blowing climax. Yes, the rumors are true; the spectator really does countdown to any number in any deck and arrive at the ONLY card with the words Happy Birthday printed across the back. What's more a previously shown mini calendar is flipped over and printed on the other side is the exact same card.

Farmer, Bob: Bammo Dekronomicon; A spectator thinks of a card, but does not reveal its identity. He doesn't write it down, cut to it or take it from the deck. He never touches the deck, just gazes at it to form an image in his head. He is the only person in this universe to know the card. A second spectator thinks of any number from 1 to 52, but says nothing, writes nothing. He is the only person in this universe to know the number. The deck is spread face down on the table. The magician knows neither the card nor the number at this point and he will then never touches the deck again. Before the first spectator reveals his card, the second spectator reveals his number and he - not the magician - counts over to that point in the deck. He can count from either end of the spread. His choice, no force. Only after this has been done, only after the count has finished, does the first spectator reveal the name of his card. The card at the selected position is turned over by the spectator. It is the thought-of card! The next card is shown, and it is an indifferent card. With Bob Farmer's Bammo Dekronomicon, there are no sleights. You don't switch the card counted to for the thought-of card. The spectators can do the counting and turn over the card. No bizarre calculations or formulas to learn. We can do the trick 30 minutes after assembling the deck. The deck is spread on the table before the number and the card are named and the magician never touches the cards after he spreads them on the table. The magician learns the name of the card and the number at the same time as the audience. No particular card or number is forced. No stooges and no assistants. The trick resets instantly after being performed surrounded: there are no angles.

Fisher, Cody: M-U-M an interesting version of "Any Card at Any Number. It uses two decks: an invisible deck and a stack. Cody is a collector of ACAAN methods and knows the effect well.

Forrest, David: Autobahn What about performing the classic ACAAN effect while you are strollin or hopping tables and succeed every single time without fail? What if the method was simple, surefire and took up no more pocket space than a single deck of cards? What if this powerhouse effect could be performed with no memory work, no maths and no sleight of hands? What if the spectator could genuinely name ANY CARD and they, themselves could deal the cards face up to the randomly selected number? What if the deck was completely un-gimmicked – just fifty two regular playing cards – nothing more? What if the reset was instant and the effect could be repeated table after table, group after group? What if the entire effect took no more than a few minutes from start to finish and each performance left the group with TWO of your own business cards, altered in such a way as to ensure they’ll be kept? & Route 1 ACAAN Again.

Goldman, Bill: One for the money DVD the selected card is found at any number and can be performed with a borrowed deck.

Guglielmi, Tommaso: Destiny 1: ACAAN & Destiny 2 http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick/destiny-2 includes Beyond ACAAN talks about psychological methods (Psychological force, Multiple Reality, False memories) math/statical method, sleight of hand version, Gaffed Deck version, mixing of effects (Ex. Invisible Deception: Invisible Deck + ACAAN full impromptu), memorized stack version, ACAAN for stage performance: with large audience (LA ACAAN and The Match) and now with BEYOND gives you a new way to perform ACAAN and all your effects without any apparent tricks.

Harkey, David: Simplicities Encounter

Harris, Ben: Crossroad. CRACAAN Bonus effect. Steve Shufton has cunningly applied the “Crossroads” concept to the “Any Card At Any Number” plot and come up with one of the most perfect handlings ever. A card is named, a number is named. The chosen card appears at the nominated number and the performer NEVER ONCE TOUCHES THE DECK. Only one deck used, and it’s out on the table BEFORE you start.

Hilford, Docc: Book Of Numbers Vol. 1 (Mestha). In-nile-lation: Docc found a new twist in the Nile. A person thinks of a number and without writing anything, keeps it in mind. There’s no force, it’s a free mental selection. People in the audience call out numbers that are recorded and added together. The total from the audience is the same number as the one which the person is thinking! There are no forces. There are no switches of numbers. All numbers are confirmed as being the ones given. In fact, anyone can keep a record of their own and add the called numbers from their seats. This is potentially a good way to call a number for ACAAN.

Hollingworth, Guy: Drawing Room Deceptions p 230: A Card At Any Number

Hummer, Bob: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37 About ACAAN: Imagine this - the spectator names ANY card and then says STOP as you deal through the deck. He says stop whenever he wants

Jones, Lewis: Mind Blasters Vol. 2: The Odd Couple

Johnson, Matt: ACAAN 2010

Knepper, Kenton: Kolossal Killer With Kards

Kozuch, Eduardo: ACAAN (Any Card At Any Number) Giant Cards; The spectator chooses a card and a position in the deck (100 % free choice). The magician produces a Jumbo Deck and lets the deck of cards slide out of the box into the spectator's hand where the spectator proceeds to count the cards until he reaches the position he chose. The oversized card is then turned over to reveal that it is indeed the card that the spectator has chosen

Krenzel, Ken: Close-up impact 1990 by Stephen Minch; p 71 ACAAN and a history of the effect going back to Robert-Houdin & Relaxed Impossibilities by Stephen Minch. AUTOMACAAN - The Any-Card-at-Any-Number effect is given three new treatments, including one in which the deck may be borrowed and you never touch the cards. The spectator does everything. This trick may even be performed over the telephonea genuine and exciting breakthrough in both method and effect.

Lavli, Jay & Gold, Liam and Itamar Between 3 Minds Vol 3 DVD. Any Card Any Time: Members of the audience call out the names of several cards and these cards are taken out of a paper folder. But the whole deck isn't there. It's just those few cards

Madison, Daniel: One – Deception, Subterfuge + a deck of cards 2003; Selective is a safe ACAAN. This is basically a card at any number effect. The magician writes down a prediction and the spectator is asked to name a number between 1 and 30. The card at their number is revealed to match the prediction. Selective is meant to be the first effect of a two effect routine, you can perform Selective on its own but it is nowhere near as powerful with combined with the follow-up effect Heritage. The effect used a force known as the Raining Force which if kind of a mix between a Biddle count and the "Ultimate Card Switch" in Ninja. The effect is very, very easy and should be able to be performed with little practice.

Marlo, Edward: Revolutionary Card Technique Seconds, Centers and Bottoms p 238 The Over Count often mentioned in ACAAN bibliography by Marlo fans does not offer the effect but suggest a way to count that can be used in ACAAN types of routine.

Miller, Anthony: Pocket Space Plus (Marketed Item); A spectator names a number (freely chosen). He sees what playing card goes with that number on a small chart that has all 52 cards on it. You produce that card from your (ungimmicked) wallet. It’s a combination of ACAAN and card to wallet, which Anthony came up with it after playing with ACAAN. But he hated all the dealing and extra decks and all the preparation and fussiness plus all the space they took up.

Nagler, Bill: Any Card At Any Number (Marketed Item) Bill Nagler, M.D., 16311 Middlebelt, Livonia, MI 48154, (800) 511-9769, http://www.25offmagic.com. The package includes six pages of instructions including basic equivoque technique necessary for the effect and three good quality decks of gaffed cards so one can repeat the trick with a different outcome is a nice idea. Bill Nagler’s lawsuit against Magic Magazine writer Brad Henderson for a negative review of his take on the Berglas effect made a storm in the magicians’ circle (shot glass). Dr. Bill Nagler had sought $100,000 in damages. Judge Bernard Friedman ruled that… “the Court finds that all six [argued Magic Magazine’s] statements are not actionable in defamation due to First Amendment limitations, these statements also cannot serve as the basis for Plaintiff’s product disparagement claim.” Thus the claim was dismissed by the Michigan court.

Nu, Alain: Nu2U lecture notes 1986 by Alain Nu: Romeo and Juliet & Any Card 2007 52 pages. Any Card..., uncovers 12 full years of developing and performing Alain's own personal touches on this most incredible premise. Seven essays, integral to Alain's philosophy of ACAAN are included. These cover important presentational considerations, creative concepts, subtleties, anecdotes, opinions, and objectives of the ACAAN effect that are often never addressed. An entire chapter is dedicated to 6 different variations and a related effects, three of which are easy to do and can be learned in under 30 minutes. Included in this book is Alain's incredible Bluff Bridge,
which is a false bridge shuffle that is incredible. I saw him many years ago use this in a lecture and everyone's jaws dropped & Mind Over Matter

Olschewski, Stefan: The Key To Your Card - eBook: A chest is seen resting on a table center stage. You hand a key to a lady in the audience. Two spectators select a playing card and a number from 1 to 52 in the fairest manner. They may even change their minds as often as they wish. Card and number are written on a sketchpad for everyone to see. The lady takes the key and opens the chest. She finds a deck of playing cards inside. She takes the deck, deals through the cards and finds the selected card exactly at the selected number.

Owen, Anthony Lecture DVD by International Magic Number at Card: A unique solution to the legendary card effect. A deck is handed to a spectator for safe keeping. A playing card and a number between 1 and 52 are both freely named (no forces, pre show work or limited selections). The deck is opened and it is revealed that every card has a different number between 1 and 52 printed on its back —and incredibly the freely selected card bears the freely selected number.

Parisi, Marco(?): The Quest (I'm not even sure who the author of the Quest is)

Paul, Marc: Affected (w/ DVD): A.C.A.A.N. The magician's dream effect! A pack of cards is fanned and a spectator is asked to name any card he sees. A second spectator is asked to name any number between 1 and 52. The fan is closed and the cards are handed to a third spectator who deals down and reveals the named card at the named number!!!. This is Marc Paul's version of this reputation making effect. Includes Cards, full instructions and DVD with Marc Paul performing and explaining the effect.

Paul, Michael: ABK e-book. ACAAN, or “Any Card at Any Number.” Michael has some unique approaches to the plot. This could’ve been sold as a separate e-book itself. “Attacking ACAAN” starts off with an elegant cover page, and moves directly into an introduction. The next section is an overview of the content that is coming up. Michael talks about the moves and sleights needed, and that each version has its own pros and cons. Psychometry Card: A spectator is as ked to touch the back of any face down card. The card that is touched is slid onto the table top, allowing nobody to see what card is selected. The spectator then names any number, no force. The magician counts down to that number, and removes the face down card. When both cards are revealed, there are shown to be matches! For example, both cards are red fives! T minus 1: A deck of cards is held in the palms of a spectator. Another spectator names any card in the deck. A final spectator names any number from 1 to 52. The cards are removed from the box by the spectator and are counted down to the selected number. The card at the selected number is the card freely chosen by one of the other spectators. Although this handling is very direct, you’re going to be needing a little help from a friend. ACAAN OCD: You ask one spectator to name any card. You ask another spectator to name any number. You state that you knew what card and number was going to be selected, and you prepared. You count down the number selected and arrive at one card. The one card is the card the spectator named! This is basically the same method as used as before, but the real thing being taught here is how to apply ACAAN to be an opener. Michael briefly describes the method, and then gives a detailed response on how this can be an opener. Michael really thought everything through on this presentation. Almost ACAAN: A spectator is allowed to right the name of any card on the back of your business card. You do not see what they right down. To make sure you don’t see what they wrote, they place the business card inside a wallet. You try to pick up what the selected card is, but instead you pick up a number. The number might signify something. You count down in the deck to the number, and that is the card the spectator wrote down. This is not really ACAAN, but is very similar. This again uses something that I am working on. You also might need to take a trip to your local magic store, and pick something up. There is no force in the card selected. The major con in this handling is that you say the number. The number is not chosen by the spectator. A pro in this version is that the spectators do not tell you the card they names. The pro and the con balance out. It’s a very good handling, if you have the necessary equipment to perform this. Michael now touches on another method for ACAAN. I’m not going to explain what it is, but it has been used before. What Michael has added are some nice touches and ideas. There are some pros and cons in this method as well. It was a nice bonus to the e-book, but I will most likely stick with other handlings. Michael then explains his final thoughts on ACAAN, and how he likes to perform it.

Paulus, Dan: Blind Luck & Pure Skill DVD Pure Skill: One spectator names any number between one and fifty-two. A second spectator chooses a card from a red deck. Using a blue deck, the magician shuffles only once and skillfully gets the chosen card to the chosen number! Any number can be named! As in Blind Luck no trick deck of any kind is used

Racherbaumer, Jon: At the Table

Regal, David: Star Quality: The Magic Of David Regal 1987 by Harry Lorayne.

Richardson, Barrie: Theatre Of The Mind Impromptu ACAAN & Act Two. Spectators name any card and a position in the deck. They count down to that position in an isolated pack and find their card at the precise number they chose. The performer never touches the cards, there are no forces or switches, and the deck is ungimmicked & Barrie Richardson Collection CD-ROM: The same impromptu ACAAN

Rogers, Steve: Apocalypse Volume 10, Issue Number 8, August 1987 by Harry Lorayne p. 1383: Central Limit forces a number by adding figures given at random by several spectator.

Tamariz, Juan: Bewitched Music II Mnemonica Symphony in Mnemonic Major 2004 by Stephen Minch page 82 Juan’s ACAAN requires a stack: Three methods are proposed (which are four like the three musketeers): One using the pass; one using different backs; one called Impossible Conditions and one using Juan's Perpendicular Control.

Temple, Robert A.N.O.R.A.K. The magician takes a deck of playing cards from his pocket, and places them face up on the table explaining that there is a Holy Grail for magicians, where one spectator is asked to name a number between one and fifty-two, and another is asked to name any playing card. The cards are then counted down to the number chosen, and to the amazement of all around… the chosen card appears at that random number.The magician then continues to explain that unfortunately, there are only a handful of performers who can achieve this miracle – and he is not one of them! At which point, a number is selected by Spectator A and said out loud, for the benefit of the rest of the audience. Spectator B then chooses any card out of the 52, and again says it out loud. For the first time since tabling the cards, the magician picks them up, spreads through the deck, to find the named card and removes it from the remaining cards. All the other cards are turned face down, revealing that each one has a different number printed on the back… and turns over the chosen card to show that it has the selected number on the reverse. There is no Stacked Deck (If you wish, the cards can be shuffled by a spectator); Only 1 Deck of 52 Cards are ever used; The trick is instantly reset and repeatable (Great for table hopping); There are no difficult memory systems. No additional gimmicks are used; No Rough & Smooth, thick, long cards or similar; No pre-show work; No stooges or instant stooges; Can be performed to just one person selecting both a number and a card; No subtle uses of NLP etc; The choices are truly free; All the writing is on the reverse of the cards; The Person’s Name or Favorite Animal Could Appear On The Card Instead; Literally 100’s of variations are possible using this method & approach

Trickshop.com: CardSource Card Index System (Marketed Item). In about 15 minutes, we can be utilizing one of magic and mentalism's most important secret weapons. Designed with today's performer in mind, CardSource puts one of magic and mentalism's most powerful secret weapons at our fingertips - the card index. With CardSource, we’re be able to quickly and covertly acquire a duplicate of ANY card selected, named or even thought of by a spectator. Possibilities include ACAAN - "Any Card at Any Number!" By integrating an array of advanced design features, such as a unique, double-sided horizontal, tabbed layout and "rotary" filing system, CardSource offers us a level of speed and efficiency never before possible. As a result, CardSource takes just seconds to deliver any card. No fumbling. No guesswork. Just the precise card you need, at the moment we need it.

Tucker, Stephen: ACAAN e-book; You table a cased deck, then remove a small, thin note-pad from your shirt pocket and ask one person to name ANY card. Let's assume he says, "The Queen of Spades." You record this on the pad. You next ask a second person to name ANY number from 1 to 52. Let's assume this person says, "22". You record this too, then pick up the cased deck. You remove the cards and show that they are all different. You hand the deck to one of them, and ask that he deals down to the 22nd card... it's the Queen of Spades. Basically Stephen’s version is using the same technique we would use with a memorized deck, but without the need to memorize the deck, or perform any calculations at all. The trade off is that we have to carry a notepad to write the numbers down on. We can never show what we are writing, as the pad hides a fairly massive gimmick designed to do all the calculations for us. This needs manipulating, whilst writing the numbers, to give us the info we need.

Val Le Val : Validate 2008 by JB Magic Any Card At Any Date is an effect done with an agenda. Instead of counting the card is printed on a date chosen by the spectator.

Waters, T.A.: Deckalogue 1982 and Cardiact 1984

Wind, Asi: Chapter One DVD and Book Combo: Very convincing
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
With the right mem. Deck order and one invisable move while taking the cards out of the box acaan is very workable and not very hard. Any card any number 1 deck used and no altered box needed. The only math needed is adding 2 numbers. Ie. Card chosen is 5of hearts 12 in my stack number chosen is 25 you mentally add 12+25 = 37 now you know what you need.the move is performed and is invisable looking like you just removed the cards out and gave them to the spectator to be counted down. This acaan is a combination of Born's, Ackermans and my own adaptions. The best part is 1out of 52 no move is required and you will know it and can really play it up. You don't have to even touch the cards.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 21:24, drphil wrote:
With the right mem. Deck order and one invisable move while taking the cards out of the box acaan is very workable and not very hard. Any card any number 1 deck used and no altered box needed. The only math needed is adding 2 numbers. Ie. Card chosen is 5of hearts 12 in my stack number chosen is 25 you mentally add 12+25 = 37 now you know what you need.the move is performed and is invisable looking like you just removed the cards out and gave them to the spectator to be counted down. This acaan is a combination of Born's, Ackermans and my own adaptions. The best part is 1out of 52 no move is required and you will know it and can really play it up. You don't have to even touch the cards.

I would say you need not touch the deck more like 2 in 52 times if you have them turn the deck face up and count when appropriate.

Larry
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 21:24, drphil wrote: You don't have to even touch the cards.

If you don't even have to touch the cards, how do you get them out of the box?
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Good grief! When you first enter the Worker's forum, you see several permanent topics, including the following:

Please read this before posting about the Ambitious Card!
Please read this before posting about DL's!

I propose that a new one ought to be added:

Please read this before posting about ACAAN!
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
Writeall: when you know the card and number match you can have you'r spectator take them out and count down to their card at their number and you haven't even touched the deck. The holly grail ,and Larry is right if you have them count down from a face up deck the odds are 2 out of 52. Either way they count you still have a strong effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Perfect ACAAN (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL