The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring & String (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Now that I have put together a personally satisfying Ring and Rope routine, gleaned from three various sources, I am looking to assemble a strong and impactful finger ring and string routine.

Currently I perform Al Schneider's OFF and have recently ordered from Hank Lee Magic the Mark Leveridge Routine for Ring & String. I would be interested in hearing about your favorite moves or parts of routines you have found to have favorable inpact on the spectators.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Greg Wilson's Ring Leader has more moves on it that any other source I have seen. I do like Symphony of a Ribbon and Ring, except the video is a little odd.

Of course, get pinnacle, a very strong piece of magic with a specatators ring. I love it.

Trevor
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Relentless Ring andString by bob Miller this video has the best routine .
the best move is the Grismer pinch.
v inny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
709 Posts

Profile of chappy
Michael Ammars Ring Band It can be found in The Magic of Michael Ammar, also see Simon Aronsons Ring Leader in his book Try the Impossible. I hope this helps.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Michael Close's ring on shoelace while 2 specs are holding it is VERY clever and a real worker!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have a couple of ring and string routines in my book, "Great Scott! It's More Magic!" One uses your ring, the other the spec's ring. I have a (I think) very good ring and stick routine in my book, "Magishing My Way."

ray Grismer's video is very good. He is almost single-handedly responsible for the popularity of this type of routine, and a lot of his stuff goes uncredited (including a couple things on the Wilson tape).
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17069 Posts

Profile of joseph
Daryl's Ring, String and Wand Mystery off his Fooler-Doolers tapes (what a great set of tapes), will fool you badly, and is easy to do. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Yes Scotts ring and string is excellentI . also Dan Garett's video "close up conivery" Dan does a very nice ring and string routine.
hope this helps
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
As luck would have it Hank Lee's wrote me back stating the Leveridge routine is out of print. Strange as it is in their new catalog and listed as "formerly out of print and back again", ah well, I sent beack the credit plus some extra and ordered the Relentless Ring & String, I will check out all of your others suggestions as well.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
I have Ring Leader and have found it to be a great source of different moves if one were to devise his own routine. Greg also has a pretty good routine.

I'd have to agree with Vinny that The Relentless Ring and String Routine is one of the best routines out there.

I've read through Scott's ring and string routines but have yet to try out them out. All of Scott's routines are excellent!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Frank i have the Leveridge video his ring and string is witha rope and a 5inch ring. relentless ring and string IMO is more powereful and great for walk around.
vinny

pm me and i will send you the video on loan to watch it
Come check out my magic.

Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3220 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Dan Fleshman has a great ring and string routine called "Sonata for Ring and String." It's a four part ring and string routine. It's published in "The Commercial Magic of Dan Fleshman", Volume 1.

I got Dan Fleshman's notes for this routine from Jim Sisti, who publishes the Magic Menu. He might still sell these notes.

Daryl also has a great Ring and String routine on his Foolers Doolers Volume 2 DVD. It’s called “Ring, Rope, and Wand.” The effect of this routine is that the ring is placed on the string, and it then penetrates the string and appears on the wand.

Both of these routines can be done with a borrowed ring.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Dan's routine is great and uses a number of Grismer moves and subtleties as well. Dan's routine was the one that inspired me to come up with my own.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Count Zapik
View Profile
Regular user
UK
183 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
Ring n String is so much fun I have difficulty stopping.

How many times should one demonstrate the impossible?

Generally I check with the spectator, and after my best move half way thru eight penetrations say, 'You'll be fed up now surely? or do you want to see more?'
Generally I get permission to carry on to my own personal little climax!

Count Zapik Smile
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
JR Russell
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JR Russell
I like the Greg Wilson and Dan Fleishman routines and really like the idea of using the velvet cord. But my cord is getting "ratty" anybody have suggestions on where to find more? Thanks
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17069 Posts

Profile of joseph
Tabary has an excellent ring and string routine on his rope tapes or dvds...... Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring & String (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL