The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 4.8 Minutes - Lecture in Minimalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Just received this quote in regards to 4.8 minutes (and another unreleased piece)

"I am a big fan of all work put out by Looch.There has never been at anytime that I have been disappointed I have always found gems in his work.He is one of the modern day creative geniuses."

Neal Scryer
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Congrats my friend, that is a great compliment!

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Mr Conway
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mr Conway
Hi Guys,

Really interest in 4.8, I've pm'd Looch for the password to his product section but I imagine the guys very busy and hasn't had time to get back to me yet. I would be very appreciative if someone would be so kind to PM me the password.

Thanks in advance!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Mr Conway-

Welcome to the Café. I suggest you read the sticky topic at the top of the Penny forum. We do not give out passwords to protected sites.

That would kind of defeat the purpose of the password.

Also, it would help if you introduced yourself to the members of the forum.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Mmm 3 PM's today each one from users who registered between 1 and 3 years ago and all have zero post count, all requesting my password. Quite strange or am I being paranoid?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

It seems like that could mean they are duplicate accounts of the same user. Sounds pretty odd to me. I would ask the mods to check it out.
Mr Conway
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mr Conway
Mastermindreader -

Sorry for my ignorance, I have reread and perused the sticky topic and came across no mention of restrictions in regards to protected websites. It did how ever mention the following:

"Here's what we can do to help you:
We can point you in the right direction – towards books and ebooks and other resources"

I assumed this point would aid me in regards to my request, slightly misleading wouldn't you say?

As far as introductions go, I'll keep it short and sweet. I've been involved in magic ever since I can remember. My grandfather, who is a respected member of my local magic community, introduced me when I was around 10 (I'm now 23 years old) and has mentored and funded my passion ever since, putting me through numerous courses such as Davenports beginners and intermediate courses. I've taken magic a lot more seriously in the last 5 years and have gradually started performing at local venues with a aim to secure regular slots.

I've been hovering on this forum for a while now. I admit I've never posted as most of my questions have been answered sooner or later by other members or friends. Perhaps this post will spur me to post a little more now we've broken the ice.

Looch -

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed, I'm a big fan of S.A.D (purchased from Alakazam) which has provided me with inspiration for a few routines of mine. I've been recommended to purchase 4.8 as I've been informed it would be ideal for me and my style of performance. My desire to purchase 4.8 is a compliment towards you, is it too much of an ask to be able to purchase another one of your works?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Mr Conway-

My mistake. The Café rule against asking for or sharing passwords to protected sites may be found at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0

It reads:

Quote:
Exposure & Passwords:

...Please do not ask anyone here for Passwords to other magic sites, or for answers to questions those sites may be asking for entrance.

Good thoughts,
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 17:45, Mr Conway wrote:
Looch -

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed, I'm a big fan of S.A.D (purchased from Alakazam) which has provided me with inspiration for a few routines of mine. I've been recommended to purchase 4.8 as I've been informed it would be ideal for me and my style of performance. My desire to purchase 4.8 is a compliment towards you, is it too much of an ask to be able to purchase another one of your works?

Mr Conway - Please don't be disappointed, Reading a book that was on general community release doesn't automatically give people access to my private products. You PM'd me asking for the password with a zero post count, it's very hard to know much about you. Then within a few hours of PM'ing me you request the password publically on the forum. I'm the one whos slightly disappointed.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 15:32, looch wrote:
Mmm 3 PM's today each one from users who registered between 1 and 3 years ago and all have zero post count, all requesting my password. Quite strange or am I being paranoid?

hmm.. it means you're becoming paranoid very fast, almost immediately, so I think the word suits the best is polaroid ;-)
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I understand Mr Conway he wants to see you product so you have to give him the password wayne!
Selfish Looch, if he wants you have to! lol
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Looch, I was one of the people who PM'd you yesterday asking for the password.

This description made the routine sound like something I could learn a lot from:
"The following is a 4.8 minute routine (it can be shorter or longer depending on you) that is simple, strong and covers a range of effects or ‘abilities’. It also minimises any pocket space, since the whole set utilises just a small stack of your business cards, a pen and a small manila envelope."

I realise I don't have much of a post-count. Apologies if I did the wrong thing by requesting permission to buy these notes.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Mr Conway
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mr Conway
I've now received the publication and look forwards to reading it, I'll be sure to post a review when I can.
Mr Conway
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mr Conway
My review as promised. I really enjoyed this routine, it's very well explained and contains some great ideas. I've rejigged and played around with parts and have now created my own version, a Frankenstein 4.8, if you will.

Great work and highly recommended.

Kind regards,

Mr Conway
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Looch offered an extremely well constructed collage of sequences and effects with perspective to his intention - walk around effectivity - on the pages of this work.

Personally I don't do walk around gigs that often so my personal experiences in this particular field of application for mentalism effects aren't that sound; but I see his routine playing VERY well.
I love the flow over-all and how the separate parts lead to each other, complement each other and (from their structures as well as regarding their premises) create a homogeneous over-all impression.

And finally - on a "meta-level" - I think it was a very worthwhile idea to publish a manuscript on the topic of walk around minimalism - incl. a working solution for the particular requirements of walk around gigs.

Great work!

Th.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12147 Posts

Profile of John C
I'll have to read this again. I found a little to much reset to call this a walkaround effect. Am I wrong?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Hi John

Ill PM you since it discloses MO
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Ok, I'll try and word this carefully as to not expose much but basically. The routine is a lecture in "Minimalism" its designed to make you think and re-evaluate your approach to mentalism from a minimalist POV. The set is designed to cover many bases and build in strength into a big full circle finish. It uses (from the audience POV) a small stack of your own business cards, a pen and an envelope.

For those asking about the reset of the routine, its quite simple. You will need to replace whatever you use in the first performance. Envelope, a pre-prepped card, and whatever normal business cards you use. These can be put in the same order outlined in the set up. You could make a batch of these and put a rubber band round them if you want to speed things up, its up to you.

If you don't write on the envelope, you can also reuse that. You will need to change the handling slightly to get your p***

Hope that helps anyone who might be dwelling on the reset. My advice, go out a perform it once, see the response you will get and then think about how you can include it in your rep. I tend to have several walk around sets I can chop and change. 4.8 for me is used approx 3 times in a night, alternating between another set that doesn't use any visible props.

Kind regards
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
125 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
I've been a member of this board for a long, long time and don't post messages unless I believe there is something I can help you guys with, but let me 100% guarantee you that this is a tremendous walkaround/table hopping mentalism routine from Looch that has my highest recommendation.
I performed this tonight during a corporate event at the Sofitel Grand Legend, Amsterdam in the Netherlands and the astonishment, reactions and entertainment value was right up there. The routine involves 3 people and is beautifully structured. As Looch has said from a reset perspective I just have a stack of envelopes with the related business cards prepared and ready to go.
When you read Loochs' manuscript I found it helpful to map out the routine and how you interact with each spectator, helped me a lot although you guys may not need this because the manuscript is beautifully produced as per Loochs' other releases. I also added the a little touch to the final reveal by using an SUC but again you don't need this - works fine without.
I've performed Stuart Cumberlands "Annemans One Man Mental Routine" on stage many times over the last 7 years and from the feedback I am receiving this is is up there with it on a walkaround/table hopping level.
For the price Looch is asking it is a steal - trust me.
Cheers,
Paul.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2587 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
It's good.

It's also a nice reminder that whatever you're making for walkaround keep it simple and to the point, and cover yourself for time-sinks like people fiddling around doing other stuff. Make sure you use your limited time wisely and involve as many people as possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 4.8 Minutes - Lecture in Minimalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL