We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Today is Harold Camping's Updated Doomsday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Some may not recall, but when Harold Camping made his end-of-the-world prediction, and it didn't come about, he revised it - but with *slightly* less conviction.

Today is that day. I wonder what tomorrow will bring for him. He's basically out of options.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
He was out of options last time, but that didn't stop him. I trust there will be some goalpost-moving that will once against explain everything.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Day ain't over yet. If we do all make it to next week I wonder how he will rationalize it this time?

And if he's right then I will be ****ed off because I have to pay my phone bill today. Can you imagine? You just pay your phone bill and the world ends. Story of my life. Every car I've had that ever broke down did it on a full tank of gas.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-10-21 17:24, critter wrote:

Day ain't over yet. If we do all make it to next week I wonder how he will rationalize it this time?

It's already Saturday October 22nd in Ozzie-land.

Destiny ... are you still here?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Yeah, but last time didn't we have to wait until the last midnight in some third world country? And then another 45 minutes to make sure the clocks weren't off? It's only 2:30 in the afternoon here. Enough time to pay this bill (cue Jaws theme.)
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It would be cool to see Destiny ascending to heaven though.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
Did it happen yet?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I told him it was the 28th but wouldn't listen.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Just to clarify the last one wasn't the prediction of the end of the world but of the rapture where all the good souls would be taken up to heaven and the rest of us would be left here in torture until today when the official end of the world occurs. His revision had to do with the rapture apparently being a spiritual rapture rather than an actual rapture and god apparently forgiving everybody enough to avoid torturing us for five months instead just letting us all live out the rest of our days on Earth, with nothing actually happening. So although nothing happened it wasn't the end of the world that did not happen.

Not that I am defending the nut, the world still isn't ending tonight.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Camping in custody and under mental surveillance

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/......html?m=1

Just saw it....

-Bobby
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow, not a good time for him to being evaluated. He'll probably be acting extra nutty with what he's expecting.

"Camping had requested to be taken to the area to assess the Lord’s loving and merciful slaughter of sinners," Gotta love it.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You hit upon a satire site, LOL! I clicked on the 'disclaimers' link below the article and found:

"The publication is presented as satire, not comedy, and certainly not reality...." Smile

Quote:
On 2011-10-21 20:43, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Camping in custody and under mental surveillance

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/......html?m=1

Just saw it....

-Bobby
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-10-21 20:13, gdw wrote:
Just to clarify the last one wasn't the prediction of the end of the world but of the rapture where all the good souls would be taken up to heaven and the rest of us would be left here in torture until today when the official end of the world occurs.

Glenn, you're incorrect (on Camping's position).

Here it is, from his own message, taken from his website:

"Thus we can be sure that the whole world, with the exception of those who are presently saved (the elect), are under the judgment of God, and will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21, 2011"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-10-22 00:45, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-21 20:13, gdw wrote:
Just to clarify the last one wasn't the prediction of the end of the world but of the rapture where all the good souls would be taken up to heaven and the rest of us would be left here in torture until today when the official end of the world occurs.

Glenn, you're incorrect (on Camping's position).

Here it is, from his own message, taken from his website:

"Thus we can be sure that the whole world, with the exception of those who are presently saved (the elect), are under the judgment of God, and will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21, 2011"

Not seeing where that is contradicting what I said.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Unless you are referring to me omission of the actual end of the world from his rapture prediction, which was (the Oct 25 end date) included with his initial rapture prediction.

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ah, I thought you were referring to October 21 instead of May 21 in your post.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Well its a beautiful Saturday morning here in Florida!!!
Seems like the work is still just fine Smile

Now to go mess around with my new pure smoke
And some coffee.

-Bobby
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Sorry that should be world!
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Lol
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yay, we survived! God has spared us in his infinite mercy!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Today is Harold Camping's Updated Doomsday (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL