The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Today is Harold Camping's Updated Doomsday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
God is very busy. What if he's been tied up with something else and is late getting to ending the world?

It's going to be a terribly disappointing to wake up to a brand new day we thought we'd never see, only to watch the dark clouds gathering...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
But god is all knowing and all powerful. If he had a scheduling conflict, he'd have seen it coming, and been able to do plenty to fix it.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
He's toying with us. Smile
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Again no Camping Trip!
BAD!...BAD HAROLD!!
NO BISQUIT!!! Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Worst cult leader ever. Everybody knows that the 'out' for this stuff is the kool-aid. That way, everyone who bought your message the first time won't be around to find out that you're a complete re-nob.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Don't be too upset that your prediction missed, Harold. It's not the end of the world.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
We all woke up Saturday at the Magic and Meaning Conference in Las Vegas only to find the hallways of the hotel littered with Bibles. For a moment we thought the Rapture had occured. Then it was pointed out that the stacks of scripture were left there so that the maid service could put the new Guideon Bibles into the rooms.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You know, I've been in a couple of hotels (here in the USA) that had not only a Bible, but a Koran, as well.

If hotel Bibles are called "Gideon Bibles", I wonder what the Korans might be called? "__________ Korans".
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I've never seen a Koran in a hotel, but I did see a Book of Mormon once. Wonder if I could get a bulk deal on some D.T. Suzuki Smile
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 11:54, Payne wrote:
We all woke up Saturday at the Magic and Meaning Conference in Las Vegas only to find the hallways of the hotel littered with Bibles. For a moment we thought the Rapture had occured. Then it was pointed out that the stacks of scripture were left there so that the maid service could put the new Guideon Bibles into the rooms.

I thought you were leading up to it being a bunch of ****ed off followers throwing the bibles out of their rooms after not being taken away.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-10-22 17:46, Destiny wrote:
God is very busy. What if he's been tied up with something else and is late getting to ending the world?

It's going to be a terribly disappointing to wake up to a brand new day we thought we'd never see, only to watch the dark clouds gathering...

Sounds a little like the followers of the 2nd coming of the great prophet Zarquod. (Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy). We find the followers having dinner at the Restaurant At The End of the Universe where they're still waiting. The Great Prophet Zarquod actually shows up seconds before the galaxy actually ends.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 12:21, Chessmann wrote:
You know, I've been in a couple of hotels (here in the USA) that had not only a Bible, but a Koran, as well.

If hotel Bibles are called "Gideon Bibles", I wonder what the Korans might be called? "__________ Korans".

The Gideons were a group of followers who thought if Bibles were found in hotel rooms, people would be inspired to read them instead of "questionable" stuff. I don't know who's distributing the Korans.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Sorry. I try not to do that, but sometimes I forget I already posted.
Ain't life unkind?"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Me too.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Don't we all?
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Doesn't everybody?
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yeah, but we're not supposed to and I got called on the green carpet once already for that.
Ain't life unkind?"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I don't get it, Ed. What did you post twice? Post twice in two different topics?

Mind you, I've just had a glass of Port, so my faculties might not be at their best! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yes, I posted twice on two different topics on the same thread. What I've been told is that I'm supposed to edit my original post with whatever new information I want to add, not make another post.
Ain't life unkind?"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I have too, but sometimes it seems necessary for the rythm of the conversation. I don't know. Kids these days with their floopy disks and Goggle Plus...
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Today is Harold Camping's Updated Doomsday (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL