The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Engraving a PK ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
Has anyone tried to engrave a PK ring to make it look more "real"? I was thinking of getting one engraved to look more like my actual wedding ring. Would this compromise the integrity of the ring? Anyone have an experience with this?

Cheers,

Kirk
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
If you tried to have it engraved, it would probably break. Unlike a normal ring, it's a magnet and the material is brittle. Take a regular magnet and break it in half. You'll see how "gritty" the material is. A PK ring is the same way. I know, I accidentally broke one!!

Mark.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Perhaps a decal of some sort?
You know why don't act naive.
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
I suspected that the brittle nature of magnets would ruin that idea... Perhaps having a gemstone attached in a bezel setting? Maybe this would not mess with the ring's structural integrity, yet make it look more normal.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Why would you need to go to that much trouble
no one should ever doubt it isn't real.dont run
when you not being chased.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10701 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I think kirk is trying to make the ring look more elegant.
tthie are more duriable pk rings on the market that don't break .
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
Thanks, Vinny. This was exactly my goal. A plain ring on my right hand would draw too much attention from people who know me. Any suggestions on the better PK rings would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Kirk
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I wouldn't worry about those who know you. They know you're doing a trick! It's for those who don't know you that you'll have more fun with. They don't know if you're married or not. Just go out there and have a good time.

Mark. Smile
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
If you have not already looked into it, have a look at the PK Dark series - very nice and very powerful. Being married myself I normally wear my wedding band, and on my right hand I wear the PK Dark - I have one for my index and one for the middle finger.

Try doing a search for commercially available magnetic therapy rings. I have found a few over the years that are quite powerful and they are what may be considered 'artist' or 'craftsman' rings.

That being said, I agree with the statement above of not running when you are not being chased.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Yes, they are very brittle... but also hard as a rock.
Which goes with brittle. Soft metal bends.

I tried to drill a hole in some neodymium once... it just laughed at me.

Randi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Engraving a PK ring? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL