The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FourFit by Reuben Moreland (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Have you guys seen this yet? It looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBL1DgXskg
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Reuben Moreland is making his debut with this effect!

Here is what Mac King had to say about Reuben - "Reuben Moreland is my favorite young manipulator"

He has won countless magic awards and has taken the tnr plot to the next level! Can't wait for this to be released!

Alex^
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
That was very nice looking. Cant wait to see more.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Reuben is awesome!
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Reuben is AMAZING. I can't wait to see this!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Looks cool! Smile
ReubenMoreland
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of ReubenMoreland
Hey Guys,
I appreciate the enthusiasm! I've been working very hard on this effect for a number of years now. I hope you all enjoy it when it comes out on Tuesday!
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Hey

Just posted a quick video of the second restoration in this effect before tomorrow's release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO22CZGyUCo

Full trailer comes tomorrow for those of you who don't like these silly little teasers Smile

In any case, both Reuben and I are here to answer any questions/concerns I'm sure most have with an effect such as this. The thing that I think will make Fourfit stand out is the fact that you can show BOTH sides of the card the entire way through the routine after every phase.

Alex^
ReubenMoreland
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of ReubenMoreland
Hey guys, Here is the third restoration in FourFit. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMKDihbN......eo_title
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
From the 3 teasers so far, I'm 99% sure of the method. I'm not fishing for the method but if it is what I think it is, then it's all ready been published before. If this method allows for the card to be handed out instantly, without a switch of the card after the last restoration, then I may be wrong.

So my question is, can the card be handed out, immediately after the last restoration without a switch and be fully 100% restored? If so, I'm interested

Lloyd
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Quote:
So my question is, can the card be handed out, immediately after the last restoration without a switch and be fully 100% restored? If so, I'm interested
Really? You're asking for real magic.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-10-25 11:54, GeneTony wrote:
Quote:
Really? You're asking for real magic.

No.

There are T'n'Rs, already out there, where the last restoration is achieved leaving the card fully restored and able to be handed out immediately. I.e. the switch is done during or before the restoration itself. If this is the method which I've seen published previously, then you have to switch the card after the final restoration, then I wouldn't be interested in this.

Lloyd.

P.s. I know I'm coming across as harsh but I'm extremely critical over this plot.
Grzegorz Olechwierowicz
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Grzegorz Olechwierowicz
What's the logic behind 4th restoration? Why it just appears? It looks fantastic anyway but...
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
What you see in the restoration videos (and what you will see in the trailer) is only 1 presentation for the effect. Reuben goes over so many different ways of restoring each phase - from angle proof methods, to one-hand methods, etc. Each phase is different, which is something I really liked when I first saw this!

What I think everyone will take away from this the most is the different variations of restoring the pieces. You can take these ideas and apply them to so many things- mix and match them to come up with your own sequence.

Check The Blue Crown tonight at 8PM EST for those who are interested. Thanks so much everyone - we are really excited about this one, and after working on it for 4 years I'm sure Reuben is also Smile

Alex^
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Can someone answer my question, please?

Also, the method that I mentioned earlier, which I believe is the same basic method that had been released before was an effect called Faultless by Jamie Dawes. Seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGYUfKZ5Ji4

I know I'm being tough but if I'm going to pick this up, I don't want to be purchasing something I already have.

Cheers,

Lloyd
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
I have no idea what just happened in that trailer...so I don't know how to answer your question

Fourfit was shown to some of the most respectful names in magic - its more than just another tnr...its a formula. It allows for endless possibilities.

A little over 2 hours remaining! Smile

Alex^
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-10-25 17:31, alex_pandrea wrote:
I have no idea what just happened in that trailer...so I don't know how to answer your question

Fourfit was shown to some of the most respectful names in magic - its more than just another tnr...its a formula. It allows for endless possibilities.

A little over 2 hours remaining! Smile

Alex^

I agree that trailer was a bit mental but you can see the basic method in it, which I'm sure is the same as FourFit.

Anyway, before I take the plunge all I want to know is that is isn't the same basic method as Jamie Dawes' Faultless and that I wouldn't have to switch the card after the final restoration. Fourfit looks sick I just hope it's practical, the importance of not having to switch after the final restoration is paramount for me.

Cheers,

Lloyd
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Hey Lloyd,

I will try to explain this the best I can here, but I'll shoot you a pm as well to explain it a little more Smile

In the DVD Reuben teaches how to hand out the card at the end, the switch happens during the last restoration. This means - you don't need to go back to the deck and switch the card. Also, keep in mind...in any other tnr that "ends clean" you are still stealing something off in the end. The same goes with Fourfit - you can end completely clean after restoring the card and hand it out right away.

I really hope this helps man, I don't want you to get something you won't use or get any use of of it...one thing I can tell you is that there is so much more on this DVD than just the routine. One handed restorations, GREAT subtleties on making this look exactly as if it were restoring, variations of each restoration, a way to do everything face up, how to show both sides throughout every phase, plus a super clean tearing sequence that sets you up for the routine!

Ok, lol sorry for rambling, I just really believe this is a winner Smile...I have hated tnr effects ever since trying to read through drawing room deceptions when I was younger haha - I have performed Fourfit quite a few times now...that says a lot if you know me Smile

Alex^
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Thanks for the brilliant and thorough reply Alex Smile

That's all the info I needed. Sorry for coming across like I was fishing or just being a dousche, I'm just major picky with my T'n'Rs and wanted to be sure I was getting my moneys worth. Taking in everything you've said, I'll be looking forward to picking this up. I have no doubt the quality will be second to none as well.

I'll be grabbing this with my next pay Smile

Cheers Alex,

Lloyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FourFit by Reuben Moreland (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL