The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FourFit by Reuben Moreland (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
307 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
FourFit is now up on The Blue Crown. The other restorations look awesome!

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/fourfi......and.html
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1089 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
This does look good, might get it. It also looks/sounds similar to Dave Forrest's STAR. I'm guessing the central MO is the same, although I have to admit that Rueben's handling of the pieces is more artistic. BTW, I'm not suggesting this is a copy, just independent creation (the effects are also quite different in appearance). Either that or I'm way off base and the methods are not alike.

Marty
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
Morning all,
I woke up this morning and looked at my emails telling me about this effect. First reaction THIS LOOKS GREAT! So then comes impulse buy and I did read an earlier post and as much as this is a realy good trick I do have to be honest. Yes you get all the information on how to END CLEAN but you don't realy end clean as all magicians would like to in this stage.

But on that it is still a great trick and great to see refreshing and brand new restortions and these are 100% top notch so hat off to that.

I do think I will use this and will give it a try. like most t n r effects it will need a little practice and all the bonus ideas and moves are great again.

over all a good strong 8/10 and worth the £15 tag price.

If you love your moves and t n r effects then you will not be disapointed. Worth getting

Cheers Chris Webb
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
extremeeric
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
51 Posts

Profile of extremeeric
This is great!! can't wait to pick one up! Reuban created a winner!!!
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Just purchased the download for this and once again am not able to download it! I always have problems downloading from Blue Crown, but strangely have no problem from other sites...

The last time I had this happened (when I ordered Bold Assembly) I was told that they were "currently rebuilding our download platform - the new system should be up shortly" and the time before that (when ordering Coin Waltz), "It seems as though your order was placed as our system was migrating to our current video platform". I imagine it's a similar reason/excuse this time.

I'll think twice before ordering from Blue Crown again which is a shame as their products are usually really good - the frustration, however, is just not worth it to me.

Iain.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
I am sorry you feel this way Ian. We certaintly don't want you to feel frustrated when ordering from us. Although our downloads are offered through streaming, you can always request for a link to download the file to your computer. This does prevent piracy a bit while at the same time making sure that everyone gets their download.

Also, we areee rebuilding out platform Smile ...it just doesn't happen over night unfortunately. We have been building a new store with the download system in place and moving every single product and customer over. Although you won't see a difference physically on the site, you will definitely feel it in the experience, so don't give up on us just yet Smile

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you and I'll be happy to help

As far as fourfit goes...I am so glad people are liking it. I am positive there is something in the DVD (about an hour long) that will change the way you look at tar effects forever Smile

Alex^
eetu
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of eetu
I am pretty new with this plot, but for what it’s worth I have really appreciated Fourfit. The routine is straightforward, without any weird sleights stopping the rhythm.
The routine is not as technical as one may think at first sight, and the clarity of the explanations, with the different angles of the camera, really make it easy to learn.
I also like the fact that the pace of the explanations allows you to take your deck of card and to follow everything without having to watch each sequence 10 times to have it down.

I am quite happy with my purchase, and will without a doubt give it a try in the near future.

Iain, I also had a little problem with “the download”. I contacted their support, and they solved it in half a day. I have to say it was at first a bad surprise, but seeing how quick they found a solution to make me happy, I just can endorse The blue crown for their service and the quality of this video.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looking forward to reviews.

Respect and friendship,

Decomp
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2011-10-27 10:40, alex_pandrea wrote:
you can always request for a link to download the file to your computer.

Thanks Alex,

I've requested a download link via PM and email. I hope to receive it soon.

I suggest you make it clear on your website that you won't be able to actually download the file unless you actually request it. As far as I'm concerned streaming is not the same as downloading it to your computer.

Iain.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Iain, let me know how everything worked out!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this effect - I keep hearing - best tnr effect ever, most visual tnr to date, etc. etc....and its VERY exciting for us! This tnr was shown to Chris Kenner, Jeff McBride, John Armstrong, Mac King...there is really NOTHING quite like this one...I even got a call today from Calen Morelli about it. All this makes what we do totally worth it.

Reuben has won over 15 awards in magic...ranking 1st in just about every competition I have seen him in. After FOUR years of working on this effect, we are very happy to finally bring it to everyone!

Thanks again, and let me know if anyone has any other questions!

Alex^
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
Reuben is clearly a talented magician and creator.... However, Blue Crown have let him down by not researching this effect fully.
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2011-10-28 11:09, Geraint wrote:
Blue Crown have let him down by not researching this effect fully.

How do you mean?
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
The method is pretty much the same as another product on the market.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.ph......-1/page4

I've got a post on page 4 and 5 about it.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
What does "pretty much the same" mean? Reuben has been doing this effect for 4 years now first of all, and second - there is nothing similar out there. We researched STAR - the effect you mentioned. Dave Forrest is an awesome magician and came up with a great tnr there, but if you are talking about method - no, I'm sorry- they are different.

Fourfit uses a different method for each phase- that's what makes it so great and visual. In any other tnr effects, your essentially doing the same thing 3 times in a row. There is no escalation. In Fourfit, each restoration gets better and better - ending with the most visual restoration/appearance of the last piece we have ever seen.

Just trying to get all the facts out there ...hope it helps Smile

Alex^
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
It remind me of Seamless Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8BsT1BZEGU

The difference is that FourFit is for sale ;-)

NIcolas
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1745 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Just a chime in. It was mentioned that it was similar to my FAULTLESS TnR and I do believe the first restoration is the same method from what I've been told. However, these things happen and I would never hold it against Rueben or The Blue Crown. Research and stuff is hard. Its impossible to come across every single variation of an effect put out. Either way, if the method is the same as mine, its a brilliant method and I would suggest people explore it as part of their TnR repertoire!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ReubenMoreland
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of ReubenMoreland
Hey Jamie,

Thank you for chiming in. As you probably suspected, I was not aware of FAULTLESS while working on Fourfit.

That said, I totally agree with Jamie that it is impossible to find every variation, and I do not think that one should be negatively portrayed based on a small aspect of their effect.

Fourfit offers multiple variations of every phase of the routine and the first phase featured in the promo video is only one of the possible restorations. It is only a small aspect of the DVD. I have been working on Fourfit for almost five years now, and have shown many top names in magic my routine over the past three years or so. I know first hand how much work it takes to come up with a piece of magic, and respect everyone who does so. Jamie, Bravo on your work!

If you guys have any other questions about Fourfit, or anything, please feel free to contact me at reuben@reubenmoreland.com

For those of you that have already purchased Fourfit, thank you so much! You have no idea how exciting it is to be introduced to a new aspect of the magic community!
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Jamie and I spoke about this and worked things out. He's a great guy, and very talented too! Definitely check out his work on this plot as well if you are exploring.

Fourfit has been getting great attention by the top names in magic, and has quickly become one of the fastest selling on the site! We know learning these kind of effects can be difficult, so we filmed the explanations through a mirror, so you can get a view of what the audience sees, as well as a behind the shoulder view (magicians POV). I think this is something important to point out as we have had nothing but amazing feed back from the quality and instruction that is on this DVD and realized we haven't stressed this enough in the copy.

Thanks everyone, and let us (Reuben and I) know if you have any questions about anything!

Alex^
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Looks cool!
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
This TandR is by far one of the most visually pleasing and creative looking TnR I have seen basically ever. yea I saw the first restoration I thought of Jamie's effect, and was like oh boy this again (--) but then I saw the second and third I was like (oo). yea there are some nice tnrs that looks like you tear up the card and put them together the same way it was torn in, but Reuben actually took the plot and made it entertaining and a fun journey. what is great about this (and I'm a fan of this) is that each time you restore the card, you use a different method in turn destroys what the spectator things is happening (even a magician). did I mention that he doesn't just teach the basic one routine, but he teaches different variations like one handed versions, and face up versions. so basically this covers pretty much all bases. so if you want twists and turns in your tnr routine I would deff check this out! great work to the blue crown again and I cant wait to see what else they have coming!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FourFit by Reuben Moreland (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL