The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm tired of the fact that our posts don't count (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Actually, in those top ten are six whose posts I respect and enjoy. But the big surprise is that I don't even know two of them at all. They must post in forums that I avoid. Smile

EDIT:

I also thought to see where I myself am on that list. I'm on the fourth page at number 22. That means I'm the 112th most frequent poster on the Café. And I don't even call myself a magician! What they really ought to do is kick me out of this place.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Criminy, Balducci, criminy - speaking of obscure I had to google that word - it sounded vaguely familiar but now I'm not sure I've ever heard it before. Never too old to learn Smile

I actually enjoy the posts of most of the Top Ten. Jonathan is interesting even when I comprehend him and can be relied on for an interesting perspective. Bill Palmer is a wonderful man - occasionally cantakerous but a wealth of information and very generous with sharing it - he's been very helpful for me more than once and he was a friend of the late great Ted Leslie. Bob Sanders never fails to share very practical information and I always enjoy his approach - I suspect there is no expensive magic prop he couldn't substitute a discarded film canister for. Pete Biro has an encyclopaedic knowledge of magic and magic history. Everytime I perform Mike Caveney's Linking Coathangers I remember Pete originated the idea. Father Photius is a real gentleman and also generous with his knowledge. I seem to have missed Joseph's thousands of posts but try not to miss a word Danny Doyle writes - I am a big fan of his forthrite honesty - Danny is always true to himself and is a great friend. Tommy brings an different slant to things and is always interesting.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jeff
Although I have thousands of posts at "not very magical still" forum of the magic Café there is nothing important happening here. I find that it is a platform for right wing nut jobs.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I have to disagree, Al. Okay, maybe in the grand context of the world it isn't important, but my efriendships in here are important to me. I've even come to think of several of those 'right wing nutjobs' as valued friends. And that has been an important part of my growing experience as a human being.
Now, I've had far left and far right friends before joining the Café, but they became friends before they ever brought up politics so it never got heated. This has been different because many of my friendships here started with heated arguements where I'd all but written the person off as an uncompromising j-hole, only to find out that they were a really cool person.
Some of the people I've had massive arguements with on here I now think would not hesitate to be there if I ever needed them, and I can only hope I'd do the same.
Even Glenn. I think 99% of his posts are sheer lunacy, but I still like him and my life would be a lot less interesting without him.
There's only been a very small handful of trolly-trolls who I really don't think I could ever get along with, and who cares about them?
Most of them are banned now anyway.
I also have a couple of good friends on here who I've never really argued with, and I value them too. Smile

So this section of the Café is important to me.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Get a life
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5968 Posts

Profile of motown
Jeff,

While there are many on here who strive to collect as many notches on their gun belt, you never struck me as that sort and still don't.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 11:12, Al Angello wrote:
Get a life

Says the guy with almost 9k posts.
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I wish there was a way to reduce my post count. I posted in a few post counting area's and those threads were deleted. They should adjusted my post count as well. I was happy with my 66 posts.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Most of those right wing nut jobs are very nice, thoughtful people whose thinking on some issues is different to mine.

The same can be said of the left wing nut jobs.

I, as anyone can see, am exactly in the middle - everyone else is at one or the other extreme, so really only my opinion is unbiased and factual. Everyone else is a nutjob.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 09:23, Al Angello wrote:
Jeff
Although I have thousands of posts at "not very magical still" forum of the magic Café there is nothing important happening here. I find that it is a platform for right wing nut jobs.

lol Yes, between right-wing nutjobs like you, Chance, Payne, etc. Bachmann is a shoo-in in 2012.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 11:56, Destiny wrote:

I, as anyone can see, am exactly in the middle - everyone else is at one or the other extreme, so really only my opinion is unbiased and factual. Everyone else is a nutjob.

:applause:

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 12:08, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 09:23, Al Angello wrote:
Jeff

lol Yes, between right-wing nutjobs like you, Chance, Payne, etc. Bachmann is a shoo-in in 2012.

Sorry; please add Landmark to my list. I don't want him thinking I no longer love him!

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 11:56, Destiny wrote:
Most of those right wing nut jobs are very nice, thoughtful people whose thinking on some issues is different to mine.

The same can be said of the left wing nut jobs.

Destiny, you are the porridge that Goldilocks chose.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2866 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
Realistically, though, I think the real reason is so that people contribute to the magic forums, versus the 'Not...' section to get up to 50.

Realistically, they could raise the required minimum from 50 to something like 200 or so...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
"it would be easier for me to teach twenty what is right to do than be one of the twenty to follow mine own teachings"
The merchant of Venice
William Shakspear
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
"Do as adversaries do in law, —Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends."
The Taming of the Shrew.
-W Shakespeare
~Will Rogers
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the Lawyers."
The Second Part of Henry VI
William Shakespeare
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Brevity"

-Hamlet
William Shakespeare

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
"Nice."

-critter
~Will Rogers
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Cannes.

Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm tired of the fact that our posts don't count (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL