The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sense-sational (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Nice effect , but the last selection which was the first reveal looked way obvious to me . I wasnt even looking for it , it just jumped straight out at me. Just saying how I saw it , nice routine though liked the performance style very much too.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
The structure was design to build. The first reveal you are touching the cards and looking very carefully at them. The second reveal is more hands off and the third is completely hands off. I agree that since I decided to build it up the way I described above, the first would be the weakest from a magician standpoint but for layman they build correctly. Thanks for the feedback.

Ryan
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 09:03, RSchlutz wrote:
The structure was design to build. The first reveal you are touching the cards and looking very carefully at them. The second reveal is more hands off and the third is completely hands off. I agree that since I decided to build it up the way I described above, the first would be the weakest from a magician standpoint but for layman they build correctly. Thanks for the feedback.

Ryan

After watching the vid, I was thinking the same thing. The sequence of the routine is structured very nicely. Enjoyed this a lot, I will be getting this.
Very nice job Ryan.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I enjoyed it and will get it. I probably will present it differently but like how fair it looks. Very nice.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 01:31, saysold1 wrote:
I don't know - to me the plot lines seem overly convoluted.

I have no clue as to the method(s) but it just strikes me as "meh"

The demo is simply that, a demo. It's not a paid performance. The plot isn't what you would have to perform when you learn this effect. You can easily turn it into a demo of hypnosis, mind reading, body language, etc just about anything you'd like.

You can also use individiual modules of this effect. The concept is pretty new or so I think and may be applied to many card routines.

John
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
John-

I feel like I owe you money. Haha. Thanks for the kind words.

The orignal download was to be much longer but the ultimate decision was to keep it concise. I didn't have to edit anything out so that shows how strong and deceptive the methods are. In live performance the routine goes over very well. The hands off nature of the routine let's the spectator relax since there are no "fishy" moves to see.

Ryan
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
The obvious hands off nature is what frys the spectator. Outside of placing a deck on the table, in the spectators mind, you did nothing else. Fair all around.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
I was lucky enough to first see this at MAGIC Live this year, and it was great fun being fooled. Lots great thinking behind this routine, and a pleasure to learn the layered principles at work. Can't speak highly enough about it. Bravo to Ryan!

John G
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
John's recommendation was all I needed!

What a great trick, easy to do and totally impossible!
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Well, I was totally fooled by the demo. I'm downloading the video now. I'll try to post a review later.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Same here.

I am downloading now.

More later...

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I've known Ryan for a few years now and he really good at coming up with completely baffling card reveals. Looking forward to watching this!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Guys,

This is really clever thinking.

Each reveal builds, and I like the handling.

Go pick this up now, it really is a great principle.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree totally with everything said and will be downloading as love the whole concept of this its great . Just cannot see how it fools all or most magicians as I am hardly an expert and can see most of the principles at work here. Nothing against it as one of the best I have seen for a while but don't know why magicians come on saying they are totally fooled when surely they cant be.Downloading now cant wait !
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Thank you Alex! Have fun slaying your friends.

Ryan
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Nice work Ryan! I initially thought this was a memorized deck trick...I was mistaken. This principle would definitely fool everyone...even my magic buddies.

Vanishing Inc has now forced me to download their last three effects. It means you're on a good roll!
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
By the way...I did change the second principle into something I'm more comfortable with. The last phase is truly the killer!
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Agaton-

I showed my magic buddies over and over and they still were in the dark. Love to hear your addition if you wouldn't mind sharing in a PM.

Ryan
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Quote:
On 2011-10-25 00:40, RSchlutz wrote:
Agaton-

I showed my magic buddies over and over and they still were in the dark. Love to hear your addition if you wouldn't mind sharing in a PM.

Ryan

Don't get me wrong. I know this would definitely fool magicians. We just have our own weird quirks based on our past experiences and choice of methods. It's just me Smile
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Making it yours is half the fun. I was inspired to create it after studying lennart and dani. Those guys are amazing. I can only hope my effect inspires others.

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sense-sational (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL