We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Cody Fisher's Comedy Confab for Kids/Family Audiences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
For those of you who own Cody Fisher's C3, you know how funny the routine is. But Cody has another version with different gags that he uses for kids and family show audiences. He used to send that out to anyone who requested it, but apparently he lost it in a hard drive crash (see his email below). So I was wondering if anyone had a copy of that version that they could send to myself and to Cody for his records.

Thanks!
Curt

From Cody: Since that post one of my computers crashed and I lost some of my e-mail files...I no longer have that document written up...I wish I could get it back. You may try posting to see if anyone else has it...sorry I cannot be of any assistance my friend. I am 'on the road' right now and slammed with shows until late January otherwise I would try to re-write it and sent it to you...Take care my friend...Cody
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2336 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Surely someone has this.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
It turns out a lot of people are interested in the kid show version, judging from the number of PM's I've gotten! So if anyone has this information and shares it with me, it will be passed on to a bunch of other good folks, and you'll know you've done your good deed for the day. Smile
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2555 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
What would stop the version Cody sells from being used at a 'family' show? Why do you feel it would need to be changed? (other than to add some of one's own contribution into the mix)

Cody's version uses some of those old chestnuts, the 'bar code', 'baby gag', 'no gag', etc within the routine. Personally I think that the use of this material in the routine should be mentioned in the advertising copy (to prevent potential buyers ending up with yet another version of this constantly repackaged material) but despite that I think his use of this well worn material has been utilized to good effect within the construction and workings of the routine.

It could be said to add to the rationale of the procedure within the routine and for the magician who is either too lazy or creatively or imaginatively unable to know where and how to weave some comedy into their routines, it might help provide a starting for incorporating some comedic content.

As I can't think how this isn't suitable for all audience types I wonder what issue 'curtnelson' sees with it?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think a lot of kids performers think that everything has to be dummmmmmed down for kids.
Personally, I do not.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
I only ask about the kids/family-version of the routine because Cody mentioned it in a previous post and offered to send it to anyone who requested it, but now he's lost the file. If Cody changes the routine for family audiences, I'd love to see what changes he made.

And I really appreciate all the people who PM'd me that they looked for it. Unfortunately, no one has found it yet. But thanks for looking guys!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Let us know when you find it because I am interested in having it.
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
I will. So far, still no luck...
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Ummm why don't you re-script it for a family audience.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 15:39, curtnelson wrote:
For those of you who own Cody Fisher's C3, you know how funny the routine is. But Cody has another version with different gags that he uses for kids and family show audiences. He used to send that out to anyone who requested it, but apparently he lost it in a hard drive crash (see his email below). So I was wondering if anyone had a copy of that version that they could send to myself and to Cody for his records.

Thanks!
Curt

Do you think someone in the previous thread might have it?: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
Dynamike -- I did post it in that thread also on Oct 20th. No word yet. Just a bunch of PM's from other folks who would like a copy if someone does have it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Cody Fisher's Comedy Confab for Kids/Family Audiences (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL