The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Smoke2 by Illusioncraft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Just got it in today! After ripping open the packaging I found a nicely put together box with the device, two rechargeable batteries, charger, bottle of liquid, two liquid holders, lots of thin tubing, the pump,, two arms bands, and some instructions.

I popped in a battery, pressed down on the pump, and.....perfection Smile
The thing is, the quantity and appearance of the smoke really depends on how you push the pump. A hard, fast push gives you a very light shot of wispy smoke. A slower, more deliberate squeeze gives you a steady stream of white smoke that sort of hangs in the air and wraps around your hands or other nearby objects. The best part is how much smoke this thing can pump out with a couple deliberate squeezes. Sure, the videos of Pure Smoke show rich white "plumes" of smoke, but this device can do that too, and their video is chock full of crazy lighting that features the smoke in a way that makes it look MUCH thicker than it really is.

I tried a whole bunch of different things, including holding the smoke in my mouth (you can pump it in OR you can suck on the end of the tubing.) If anybody here has Smoke by Alan Rorrison, you get the SAME amount of smoke in your mouth and no refills! LET ME REPEAT: SAME EFFECT WITH NO REFILLS.

The tubing is super thin and the device itself is the size and shape of a sharpie marker. Here is the basic setup of the device: Pump => Lots of tubing => Device => More tubing with a cut off end. Cool fact: Everything is "plug-and-play" meaning that if anything breaks (I don't know how), or you want any extras, you can buy them from Illusioncraft pretty cheaply! An extra main unit is £35 pounds and extra rechargeable batteries (seem to be AAA batteries to me, but I can't confirm this right now) are £7 pounds each. If you use this pretty heavily, you will need refills MAYBE once per year, at £15 pounds for a bottle.

Anyway, I am loving Smoke2! I can puff this thing all day long and won't need to refill every 80 puffs Smile I literally will NOT be leaving home without this thing.

-Tyler
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2302 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Can't wait to receive mine! Smile
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks for the review!!! I'm so glad I ordered this. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Me too! Pure Smoke's smoke might look great on video, but I bet it is the SAME as this in person.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2302 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Tyler, can you tell us more about the noise issue?
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
NO NOISE!!! Literally completely silent! I was so surprised. Not even in complete silence can you hear noise!

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 7:54pm
I am especially loving the fact that you can load the smoke in your mouth. I am producing more smoke then the Smoke gimmick by Rorrison!

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 8:12pm
I just put the smoke output tube on my long desk and slowly pumped smoke across the table. The smoke is just sitting on the desk, not moving. My desk is covered in a cloud of smoke that is just sitting there.

I am in love.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
This really sounds like you can have smoke from anywhere!

I'm taking there are no cartridges to replace either?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2302 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I'm quite sure that the other option out there will make more noise ... Smile
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
No cartridges! Just put two drops of liquid in the little liquid holder and you are set for 500-700 puffs of smoke.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is it suitable to do a fake smoking thing where you bum a cigarette, pretend to light it, smoke it, drop the "butt" then after you walk away "restore" it so they find an intact cigarette?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
SWEEEET!!!
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 20:27, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Is it suitable to do a fake smoking thing where you bum a cigarette, pretend to light it, smoke it, drop the "butt" then after you walk away "restore" it so they find an intact cigarette?

Technically I guess you could... In the action of pretending to light the cigarette (holding the lighter and cigarette up to your mouth with a hand covering the lighter to "stop the wind") you could load the smoke in your mouth for the initial few "puffs". When the cigarette is just in your hand (with the supposedly burning tip hidden of course) you could pump a steady stream of smoke to make smoke continuously flow from the hand with the cigarette, as if it were still burning.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Link to purchase?

All I see is Overload here: http://illusioncraft.co.uk/illusioncraft_magic_range.htm

Where's Smoke2?
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I am very glad I see such a great review. the first reviews of pure smoke have at least a bad point.

let's see how it will go for the others.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
539 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Is this smoke v2 different from ultra smoke 2 that is selling for $60?
I am getting confused will all the different products here...?

Has anyone got the correct link to smoke 2?

Thanks!
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Totally different from that. SmokeV2 produces water vapour which is totally safe.

I have pm'ed you
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Were can I get this? I try to find the site and no luck. Also how much is it in US money.

Thanks guys.
Lance.
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Pm'ed you Smile
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Just ordered mine. I'll do a video comparison review of the two products once I have and use Smoke2.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I want one too! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Smoke2 by Illusioncraft (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL