The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine Stunt Starts Today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Just want to let everybody know that David Blaine has started his box stunt in London today. Good luck to him and can't wait to see his special.
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
You can get live feeds of the stunt, for a price, from a British TV station called Sky One. Does anyone know of a site that has a live feed for free?
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I will TRY to contain my excitement. Smile Smile
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
I imagine this is for a price as well, but you can get it online it appears:

http://www.silicon.com/news/500016/1/5896.html

The channel 4 website it refers to is:

http://www.channel4.com/broadband/
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
268 Posts

Profile of da5id
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Who threw that egg? Give that man a Cee-gar. HAHAHAHA!!!
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
This feat may soon replace the Atkins diet, which so many are on. And to think that sitting in a box for six weeks without food is all it takes to shed those unwanted pounds.
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
And what exactly that has to do with magic?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I still can't believe anybody would want to watch this. I enjoyed his street specials but not his stunts.
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
You have fun there buddy.
Smile
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Quote:
On 2003-09-09 16:35, Vasilis wrote:
And what exactly that has to do with magic?

Absolutely nothing. But you should know by now that David Blaine is not a magician, he is a performance artist. He seems to be following in the footsteps of one of his heroes (Houdini) but attempting to one up him.
You don't have to like David Blaine but you can't deny that what he has done has helped magic by introducing it to a whole new audience. Please show him the respect that he deserves.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Quote:
On 2003-09-06 00:27, dpe666 wrote:
I will TRY to contain my excitment Smile Smile

Do you mind if I join you?
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
No food for over a month? I'm not really impressed. Some children, in third world countries ,already do this against their will.
It would of been nice to see him use this stunt to raise money for those very same people. Upon completion of stunt he would have broken a world record, publicized himself further, and fed the hungry for one more day and perhaps raise awareness.
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
Why am I more impressed by the Japanese hot dog eating champion than the starving magician?
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Hmmm, a starving magician ... sounds familiar!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
BLAINE SET FOR MOB ATTENTION

According to the above link, we can expect a flash mob to gather at about 9 PM. They'll all be armed with laser pointers, point them at David Blaine for 2 minutes, then disperse.

It makes about as much sense at David Blaine's stunt in the first place, so why not?

Here are some pictures from the laser pointer flash mob that attended the David Blaine event:

David Blaine Zapped by FARK lasers
http://www.lindsey.jp/david/
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Notify the Guinness Book people if this is a world record. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
HoudinFan
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of HoudinFan
Quote:
Please show him the respect that he deserves.

I thought we were.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I hear that next he's going to bury himself in a coffin made out of ice, filled with water, hanging from a crane without eating for a month. At the end he is going to jump off and land on a padded dime. Then he'll get into his spaceship and fly away, where he will return with the Martians one year later to save us all from global warming.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Everyone over here in ,the UK, seems rather unimpressed by the whole proceedings The press ain't being too nice to him either but then again the press over here aren't that nice to anyone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine Stunt Starts Today (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL