The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2011 entrée: Alain Nu » » Any interesting stories about Star Gate, etc.? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
So in preparing for your work with the Spy Museum have you heard any interesting stories about these remote viewing projects that you'd like to share with us?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
I chose three stories to focus on. Two of them were more famous ones-- Joe McMoneagle's vision of the Soviet Typhoon Class Submarine being built after being shown a KH-9 satellite photograph of the building at specific geographical coordinates, and Mel Riley's vision of the outer appearance and inner workings of the Stealth Bomber after being presented with an internal challenge. But the most interesting story I shared was Stephan A Schwartz's "Mobius Protocol" in applied remote viewing which in this case involved 47 college students in an attempt to find Sadaam Hussein, a month BEFORE he was found. Everything from "when he would be found", the fact that he will be found around the town of Tikrit, in a house flanked by two trees, in a hole in the basement, with only one weapon, with a large sum of money, arrested with only two other supporters, that he would appear disheveled, he would not put up a fight-- all those things were predicted a month BEFORE he was found!

Overall, it was a fun run. I did my last show there (at the International Spy Museum, DC) last Saturday, but I hope to start it back up there again before too long!

Alain
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Thanks. Though I am a skeptic, this stuff is really interesting. Been reading about Jim Channon and related work for a while now. It's all really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
~Will Rogers
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
I think that being skeptical is part of human nature:

Like my daughter likes to say, "Daddy, what am I thinking? See? You can't read my mind!"

But I think that having an investigative zeal, while trying to hang on to reality in skeptical fashion, is more fun than skeptical debunking.

So I choose Ripley's Believe it Or Not, over any sort of unnecessary debunking as my preference, although I must say that Penn and Teller's Showtime series is pretty hysterical, and I have no problem with skepticism exercised as entertainment within reason.

Alain
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think for many skeptics the challenge is not crossing over into cynicism.
I've seen some pretty poor 'debunkings' where the evidence for the other side seemed stronger but the debunker couldn't let go of their preconceptions to see the situation objectively.

Well, I'm surely not out to try and trap or "debunk" you. My curiousity is genuine.

Thanks for your time.
~Will Rogers
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
I agree,

I believe the word "skeptical" is flawed as the word has a tinge of communicating a "talk to the hand" feeling and thus is not very permissive conceptually to being "intelligently curious" about something.

I really appreciate you not trying to debunk me! Smile

I just work here.

Alain
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
"Intelligently curious". Nice. It is amazing how the term skeptic has taken on such a negative connotation in some circles.
I wonder what a better term might be? I think intelligently curious is a good start...
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1218 Posts

Profile of APC
I hope you start the show again at some point in the near future! I go to university in DC but am studying in Paris right now, would be a shame if I never got to check it out! Thanks for stopping by and being the guest of honor!

Adam
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Feel free to contact me when you are back in town, Adam.

I'll let you know where I am or if there is a "happening" in town worth mentioning.

Alain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2011 entrée: Alain Nu » » Any interesting stories about Star Gate, etc.? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL