The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can anybody provide a download link for MS-V049 video card drivers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Hello, All.

I am stymied. I have been trying to find a free download URL so that I can download the driver(s) for an MS-V049 PCI-e video card.

The card came out of a defunct Dell Dimension 510 computer and I have not been able to find any URL link for the driver(s). FWIW, the exact video card (without drivers is currently being sold on the big auction site under the heading " MS-V049 Dell XPS400 PCI-E 128 mb vga+dvi ". (However, I cannot find any Dell web page that lists this driver.)

I'm trying to build a computer out of spare parts for a little girl in a very needy family and, if this video card can ultimately be used, that would be great.

Any such free download link would be greatly appreciated. (Or a U-SendIt.com type of download link to download the actual driver would also work.)

Thanks a lot in advance for any help in this regard.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
There has to be another name that it goes under. Dell's "Drivers & Download" center doesn't list that video card for the XPS-400 model.

http://support.dell.com/support/download......nt=False

Are there any other tags or markings on the PCI-E card that indicates the maker? ATI? nVidia? If it's nVidia, you could probably find the driver on their site (but they also have a habit of having the wrong drivers in the wrong places).
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for the post, Josh.

I think that the mystery is solved. The board had a P/N and a S/N which I think made it an ATI graphics board of some type. Googling these two numbers lead me to a number of sites that then listed a "CN" number that apparently is a Dell number. (i.e., CN-OKH285-69702-65T-0282 )

From a number of linked sites, I think that I have discovered that this card is:

"Chipset Manufacturer: ATI Memory Size: 128 MB
Graphics Processor: ATI Radeon X300 SE"
("SE" stands for "Server Edition")

I've PM'ed you with all of the information I have acquired and, if I am unsuccessful in my quest, perhaps I can prevail upon you to search the Dell site using the additional information I have provided in the PM.

Hopefully, the only remaining question is whether or not this "Dell" video card can be used in a non-Dell computer. Dell has a nasty habit of making as many of their parts proprietary. GRRR!!

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions in this matter.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Happy to help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can anybody provide a download link for MS-V049 video card drivers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL