The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » As many Whoppers as you can eat within 30 minutes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
"Faster, faster! We’re at the 24-minute mark! Don’t stop; you can breathe later!

If you order a Whopper set meal, you can order as many extra Whoppers as you can eat within a 30-minute period

The Whopper is Burger King’s symbol all over the world.

Burger King ran this campaign last year as well, and said it was a success, even though it might be likened to a speed-eating contest in the hands of some gluttonous customers."

http://www.japantoday.com/category/food/......wo-weeks
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
The Australian Burger King franchise is called Hungry Jacks and they've recently announced they are now going to include calorie and nutritional information on their menu.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I'd eat 6.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I can eat two in a sitting maybe 3. Right now in the Vegas area B.K. is running a buy one Whopper get second one free. I worked at B.K. in the 90's back when running the .99 cent Whopper specials were going on. Every couple of months. I doubt we well ever see them go for that price on their own again. I'm kind of surprised that they are running the buy one get one campaign.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I used to get two quads with cheese from D'Lish (our local version of In N Out) and a large fry. Took about 10 minutes to polish off and I'd still be hungry.
A year ago this would have been a dream come true, but since witnessing what diabetes did to my Grandma I've been more motivated not to gorge on fast food burgers.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I'm not sure how many I could eat within 30 minutes, but I know that I would pass the whoppers in less than 30 minutes if I do eat there.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-10-27 14:22, Marlin1894 wrote:
I'd eat 6.

Marlin, you don't have to struggle to keep the weight off?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I was going to say 100 or more until I discovered that this thread isn't about chocolate-covered malt balls.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Good food is made expensive and what kills is made cheap, the purpose of which is to cull the part of the herd that can't afford good food. Think of how many unenployed we would have if we did't kill them one way or another.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Tommy if that were in part true. There wouldn't be this over abundance of unemployed in the U.S. now would there? So that blows that theory all too hell.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If it were not true you would have a lot more than you have. Its not easy to kill six billion that fast you know, but we are doing our best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Eo2YTQUr8
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
A carrot is cheaper than a burger... just saying.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
So are apples, oranges, several other food items that aren't bad so again that theory of genocide by fast food is in the words of M*A*S*H*'S Sherman T. Potter "Horse Hockey!"

The people that are struggling money wise most aren't going to B.K. or Mc Donald's for meals. So that also throws that whole theory into the trash heap.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Who told you that?

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I've worked around fast food. Granted I haven't been in Fast food for the past ten years but I know people that are in different areas of that industry. Business isn't as good as it was for them as it was even as short a time as two years ago. Fast Food business keeps falling off. It's not due to people dying off either it is from people not having the money to spend on Whoppers, Mc D's hamburgers etc... So there you go.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
When I was a poor college student I couldn't afford fast food as a way of life. I lived of Jiffy mix cornbread (5 cents a box 1987) and had to stop because one day I went to the bathroom and it came out all yellow like.

People don't eat fast food because they are poor. They eat there because it is convenient.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
When restaurants around the country stop offering free food promotions for the unemployed to stand in line for all day, there’s always comfort in knowing that the free heart attack in a bag can still be obtained fairly cheaply. For the most part, it seems most fast food chains are hellbent on luring back the customers who had temporarily sworn off junk food. When people started working, frequently eating at McDonald’s or Taco Bell fell off the charts a bit as more money allowed them to branch out in experiencing unfrozen hamburger patties and discovering that Mexican pizzas are not authentically Mexican. However, “in this economy” and with prolonged unemployment, these days eating at Wendy’s might be the only way the unemployed can afford to treat themselves for a meal at a nice sit down restaurant.

Although there are several items that, due to their inexplicable ingredients and questionable quality, should never cost more than a dollar, the fast food restaurants have been jumping on the Value Menu bandwagon and aggregating all their cheaper items into one convenient list to order from. It’s as if the big heads are hoping that the unemployed will spend more money because everything costs a little less. And it’s true. A taco for $0.69 and a bean burrito for $0.99? The unemployed will gladly order that, plus a side of cheesy potatoes for $0.79 and, because they’re saving money by ordering off the value menu, they’ll treat themselves with a $0.89 apple dessert. Less than five dollars later, the unemployed have figured out a way to ensure they won’t go hungry while simultaneously given themselves a task for the rest of their day - Googling how to get rid of their indigestion. But seriously, as long as the unemployed are willing to eat deliciously unhealthy fast food, and can cope with their unemployment weight gain by eating more, they owe a lot to the fast food nation for helping to stretch a dollar and waist line.

http://stuffunemployedpeoplelike.com/200......e-menus/

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Some of that is partially true. But not much. If more than 1 1/2 percent of that were true most fast food places would have not cut back from they average amount of staff they had two years ago to the smaller staff that a good many of them have now.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Back to the actual topic I had thought about going over to B.K. and getting a whooper or two. But decided that didn't really suit me for the day. Plus for just about a dollar or two more if I really wanted to eat away from home. It would be better to go to a real eating establishment that serves not only artery clogging edibles but healthier food choices too and no matter what is decided on to eat you get more with that then you would with a Whopper meal or selection from Mc Drudge. so it is actually cheaper to eat healthy while dinning out than it is to eat unhealthy.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
A taco for $0.69 and a bean burrito for $0.99? The unemployed will gladly order that, plus a side of cheesy potatoes for $0.79 and, because they’re saving money by ordering off the value menu, they’ll treat themselves with a $0.89 apple dessert. Less than five dollars later

If they have no job and no money how can they order? It's not like fast food places take food stamps. When I was poor me and my fellow poories would pool resources and have a nice (to us) meal we made (you can make it much cheaper). Even as a treat it isn't every day as you are implying.
The 99 cent menu works both ways. It brings in people with hopes that they will order a drink (that is where the big profit is) and as you say maybe a few sides. I have money now and rarely eat at fast food (unless it is convenient at the time) because I don't like the way I feel afterwards, and the fact that it's not filling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » As many Whoppers as you can eat within 30 minutes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL