The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Buzz Lightyear, to the rescue! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Awesome!
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Coming along great.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Just updated.
Jeff Wright
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
WOW! Awesome!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Your pump makes it much easier. Thanks!
Jeff Wright
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
That's freakin AWESOME!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
VERY NICE!!!

When I see a project like this I don't think anyone realizes the quality and real time put into this type of art.

To really appreciate what you have done I would ask....

How many hours have you tinkered with this?

How many balloons?
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Over ten. No idea. The only bag I moved into a second hundred of was white 260's. New video up:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=566670720318
Jeff Wright
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Jeff Wright
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
Very nice, brother!
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Thanks Jay.

Definitely my favorite piece I've done yet. I think the fact that he is a toy makes it easy to really capture him in balloons. I love the way it pops. I got great reactions while out tonight, though unfortunately only a second place finish. I guess tonight was art for art's sake.
Jeff Wright
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

GEEZE! If that took 2nd place, I would love to see what won!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2011-10-28 17:04, Jestnjoker wrote:
Over ten. No idea. The only bag I moved into a second hundred of was white 260's. New video up:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=566670720318

Ten hours?
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Yeah, I'd say around 10-12 hours. It's mostly experimentation and trial and error.
Jeff Wright
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
2nd place?!?! How undressed was the young lady that won? And, speaking from experience, how do you deal with the d-bags with cigarettes and no sense of public decorum?
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Sammy et al. I came in 2nd both nights. I am a little surprised because I think this is my best costume yet, but it says something about the competition (who put in many more hours than I did on their projects). I wasn't given a fair shake on Friday, so that was a bummer. Last night was a well run contest and it was a pleasure to compete. I had won there the past 2 years ($2400 total), so I still have a pretty good record with the 2nd place finish. The novelty might be wearing off.

In 4 years of doing this I have had very little problem with jerks. I'm at huge contests, so people understand and appreciate the work I put in. I try not to walk around too much, so I can avoid hitting people in the face by accident and inciting their rage. Every once in a while a drunko will grab a balloon or something, but usually one of their friends quickly intervenes because they realize how wrong it would be for them to pop my costume.

As far as cigarettes, no smoking allowed.

Here's a Youtube link to the same clip on Facebook above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCQwrAPBpI
Jeff Wright
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
So Jeff, you want to fly to Florida in January and make that costume for me to wear in the Disney half marathon? You could stick around for Florida superjam the next week.

I'll probably just do the wings from David Benion's DVD, which is a great fast version. I can probably actually run in it.

Now that Twist & Shout has a costume division, I definitely think you need to be there and crush the competition!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2011-10-30 20:23, Jestnjoker wrote:
Sammy et al. I came in 2nd both nights. I am a little surprised because I think this is my best costume yet, but it says something about the competition (who put in many more hours than I did on their projects). I wasn't given a fair shake on Friday, so that was a bummer. Last night was a well run contest and it was a pleasure to compete. I had won there the past 2 years ($2400 total), so I still have a pretty good record with the 2nd place finish. The novelty might be wearing off.

In 4 years of doing this I have had very little problem with jerks. I'm at huge contests, so people understand and appreciate the work I put in. I try not to walk around too much, so I can avoid hitting people in the face by accident and inciting their rage. Every once in a while a drunko will grab a balloon or something, but usually one of their friends quickly intervenes because they realize how wrong it would be for them to pop my costume.

Here's a Youtube link to the same clip on Facebook above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCQwrAPBpI

Time to put out a DVD called balloon costumes. You would sell a ton!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-01 15:49, Kevinr wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-30 20:23, Jestnjoker wrote:

Time to put out a DVD called balloon costumes. You would sell a ton!

I'd buy it!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Buzz Lightyear, to the rescue! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL