The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Weird but awesome skype gig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I've just done a 10 minute comedy magic act to a crowd of people in a pub in Galway from my dining room in Belfast!

A friend of mine based in Galway had had a couple of gigs skyped in as an experiment during a comedy festival and they went down so well he decided to do a full skype show with comedians from all over the world skyping their gigs live to a big screen.

It was definitely an odd experience. There was a delay on the reaction and of course it cut out when I spoke so audience interaction was a bit tricky so I just commented on a few people I could see in the crowd and this seemed to please them! I then just performed all my one man shtick to the camera and they really seemed to love it. From what I could hear back the reaction of the crowd was better than quite a few of the live crowds I've performed too! Must be the novelty factor.

Anyone else done anything similair to this?

G
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Wow, great idea there... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
gigsido
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of gigsido
It's getting really popular to work via Skype gigs as the world is your market now.
gigsido
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of gigsido
Oh and if you're interested on getting some you may want to look at http://www.gigsido.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Weird but awesome skype gig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL