We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Financial Times - Now for a World Government (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16346 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
So back in 2008, this guy thought the EU was a template for a New World Order.

Today, people are writing about how the EU is in danger of disintegrating.

How much closer are we now to a world government?

Not very.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Isn't there something about one world government in Revalations? Not going for debate, just think the 700 club might like this news if I'm remembering right.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
Just look to the crisis with Greece and the EU and it quickly becomes apparent that it is not working out.
Britain just dodged an attempt by Conservative backbenchers to force a referendum on leaving the EU.
The financial implications of a "world government" requiring richer countires to support poorer ones really puts an end to a world government idea.
Not to mention the fact that countries like the US would never allow themselves to be "governed" in any way, shape, or form by any other country, or power.
They won't even allow their military to be under the command of other military commanders, or international contingents.
The failure of the League of Nations, the precursor of the UN is a great example of a "world power" not working.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
We aren't close to a one world government. But I wouldn't say that the U.S. wouldn't let it happen. Our country is controlled by too many wimps as it is. The U.S. is full of wimps from the top on down.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
How many national rulers are there in the world right now? How many of those will step aside to let one of them be the supreme ruler of the world? How many of them will abandon, or greatly compromise, their current laws and ways of doing things to allow a homogonized world-wide system?

When that happens, we'll see a single world government.

Either then or when one country uses enough weaponry to blast enough other governments to bits.

If Simon Bar Sinister couldn't do it, as much as he tried, how is anyone else going to do it?

Near where I live, there's a 10-year battle going on where a gated community is trying to secede from the town it is in. Ain't that going in the wrong direction for a world government?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Abie Nathan is dead. And that is that.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
(And yes, that may be the single most obscure post in the history of the Magic Café.)
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-10-30 12:19, RS1963 wrote:
We aren't close to a one world government. But I wouldn't say that the U.S. wouldn't let it happen. Our country is controlled by too many wimps as it is. The U.S. is full of wimps from the top on down.

That's what people used to call H.W. He didn't take kindly to it.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Back then the wimp factor wasn't so heavily embedded in most of them as it is now. I don't think the U.S. will ever shed the wimp factor now.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5136 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-10-30 12:59, stoneunhinged wrote:
(And yes, that may be the single most obscure post in the history of the Magic Café.)

Actually I remember him. Not a bad guy. Made a few people's lives better, which in this day and age is saying something.
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
Define "wimp"
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Anyone who doesn't beat everyone else up and take their wallets.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2721 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Whimp='s what the U.S. has become.
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
"Become"? As opposed to what exactly?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Financial Times - Now for a World Government (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL