The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » My cobra cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Cobra and pen spinning were pretty good, but bone's right about the card springing. Try to get it a little more uniform and a little slower. I can't even see it! It's like you shoot the whole deck from one hand to another at the same time. If that's what you're going for, then it worked. LOL. By the way, where'd you learn the Cobra? Is it in the encyclopedia of card flourishes, or did you get De'vo's DVD, and where did you get them from?
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Trickpony, what the heck are you talking about? Joey Burton's triangle cut is called Trifecta, not King Tutt.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Trifecta is an awesome trick! Every time I do it people love it. Everyone should check that out if you haven't already. I use it in my four ace production.
Oscar Wilde

-The Amazing Jonathan
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2003-09-19 16:32, Jordini wrote:
Cobra and pen spinning were pretty good, but bone's right about the card springing. Try to get it a little more uniform and a little slower.

Yo, did I mention anything about Card Spring? The thing I was talking about was the pen spin and Cobra cut.

The Cobra is not in the book, it's in the video and the video has been sold out. However you can wait for the real DVD about cobras called "Cobra Cut" release in Dec.

Yo guys! One thing I have to repeat, I wonder why those people always get confused by De'vo and Jerry. The EOPCF book is by Jerry, but the Cobra cut is De'vo's and that's why it's not included in the book.

Peace,

Bone. Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
I have to say thanks for the comments. I am working on my Cobra and it got a lot better, I am also working on crossed cobras, along with Jerry's overhead cardspringer.
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
Quote:
On 2003-09-19 16:38, zombieboy wrote:
Trick pony, what the heck are you talking about? Joey Burton's triangle cut is called Trifecta, not King Tutt.

Hello, yes I know Joey's is the Trifecta. This was created after he saw the King Tutt Cut.

I'm hoping my friend Louis Falanga will publish the King Tutt Cut.

By the way, I'll be at Hollywood Magic next month and will be demonstrating this. FYI in case any of you live near by.

Jeff
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Um, but isn't the King Tutt cut completely different from Trifecta? I don't see how they're even comparable.
Oscar Wilde

-The Amazing Jonathan
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
The 2 cuts are completely different. It's like the 3 Fly evolution. Bob Kohler doesn't say he invented it. Without Chris Kenner, we wouldn't have Bob's version.

Jeff
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I don't quite understand anything you said, but ok!! Smile
Oscar Wilde

-The Amazing Jonathan
Zeiros
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Zeiros
I've just watched the videos and, being somewhat new to flourishing, was impressed all round. The one thing that really stood out though was the pen spinning! I don't know why, it just struck me as being very cool.

I also liked the pyramid cut a lot, having never seen it before.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Hey Zeiros, check out Superhandz.com for more pen spinning and the most excellent card moves around!
Quote:
Yo, did I mention anything about Card Spring? The thing I was talking about was the pen spin and Cobra cut.

The Cobra is not in the book, it's in the video and the video has been sold out. However you can wait for the real DVD about cobras called "Cobra Cut" release in Dec.

Yo guys! One thing I have to repeat, I wonder why those people always get confused by De'v0 and Jerry. The EOPCF book is by Jerry, but the Cobra cut is De'vo's and that's why it's not included in the book.

Peace,

Bone. Smile

Sorry about that bone!! Sometimes I read over words. I thought it said springing, instead of spinning. I hope this clears any confusion. (The fan looks great bone!) Smile
Oscar Wilde

-The Amazing Jonathan
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
It's in CTG.

It's great, I love it alot.

Bone.

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Man, a lot of edgy words getting thrown around in here.

Hey, the kids trying, and admitted it's not perfect. I think he's well on his way. It's better than I can do!
Keep it up, Cardboy! I'm interested in watching your progress.

Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
Hey thanks firedice! To everyone else, that cobra was after two days of practice. I had started practicing like a couple months ago, but gave up because my thumb was too small. I got some smaller cards and after a day or two "reviewing", I thought it was good enough to put online.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Yo cardboy,

Why don't you get the material ?
As I said, the catching part was not supposed to be done that way; it's very short motion, quick and smooth.

Bone.

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
I don't really get what your asking bone. Anyway I've been working on the catch, I actually prefer a longer one. (I've been working on it.) It makes it look more impressive.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I find that laypeople like when things are done at a pace where they can follow. LOL. If you effortlessly get the cobra up, and immediately snap it shut, for some reason, laypeople aren't as excited, as when it looks like it's very, very hard. I think this is because when stuff looks easy, people assume it to be. The harder it looks like you struggle, the more everyone will applaud your efforts. Smile (Look how hard HE'S working!!)
Oscar Wilde

-The Amazing Jonathan
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
My thoughts exactly.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2003-09-21 16:54, cardboy18 wrote:
I don't really get what your asking bone. Anyway I've been working on the catch, I actually prefer a longer one. (I've been working on it.) It makes it look more impressive.

My thoughts exactly. All right, I got it.
De'vo always says never saw anyone do the correct Cobra. Your cobra is right, just the catching part is further than the way it should be.

And maybe it looks more impressive. Just take your pick.

Bone. Smile

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
The first time I saw De'vo do the cobra (on the superhandz video) I was more impressed the second time when they showed it in slow motion. I didn't even realize that the top packet flips over, which is one of the more impressive aspects of the cut. Either way, it's still one of the coolest cuts around. (CTG everybody yay!!) Smile
Oscar Wilde

-The Amazing Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » My cobra cut (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL