The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book from Alain Nu on Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
Is there anybody who have read this book? What is your opinion?
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
What's the book called and who is selling it?
Cliff Gregory Wollin
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Denny and Lee's in carrying it. I think its called something like "XXX Mentalism". That's not it exactly. It does, however, look intriguing. If anyone has it yet, I'd love to know what you think.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
The name is: Extreme Extrasensory Exposed Mentalism.
You find it only by Dennymagic.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
The exact title is "XXX Hardcore Mentalism". It's more in the Bizarre area, though
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I have it and it contains strong, real world material. Highmagic, it contains mentalism effects, not bizarre magic.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Larry's correct; Alain's book on bizarre magic, which came out a few years ago (I don't know if it's still in print or not) is called 6.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2861 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I picked it up at his most excellent lecture last week. Three effects are reprints from sources that are currently out of print and the rest is "NU."

Some very good stuff and I recommend it. And, again, it is not on bizarre, but on more traditional mentalism with Alain's great thinking applied.

Bill
steveroth
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of steveroth
i just ordered mine and can't wait to receive it.

Regards,

Steve Roth
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Based upon Larry Davidson's opinion alone, I just ordered this book. Can it be made into a magic coloring book?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Does this contain his booktest?
Cheers,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2861 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Turk,

What the heck are you talking about? Was that a joke? And, hey, what about my opinion? What am I, chopped liver?

James, The book test, a killer impromptu version in his lecture notes, is out of print but Alain said that he may re-release it in the future.

Bill
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-09-20 13:50, Bill Cushman wrote:
Turk,

What the heck are you talking about? Was that a joke? And, hey, what about my opinion? What am I, chopped liver?

James, The book test, a killer impromptu version in his lecture notes, is out of print but Alain said that he may re-release it in the future.

Bill

Bill,

No joke about my opinion of Larry Davidson. And don't get in a snit. I just didn't see your name (or your post that followed two posts later) since I posted immediately after seeing Larry's post.

However, for the record, I am here to state that of all the Magic Café members, the three whose posts (and opinions) I value most highly regarding all things magical are: Bill Cushman, Larry Davidson and Vinny Marini. In fact, Bill, I followed up this post (about Larry) with another recommending you for questions about book tests (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=45187&forum=109).

There!! Am I forgiven?

Mike

P.S. And yes, the question about the coloring book was a joke. Sometimes my sense of humor is rather dry or off the wall.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-09-20 00:15, Turk wrote:
Based upon Larry Davidson's opinion alone, I just ordered this book. Can it be made into a magic coloring book?

Mike

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but the hurricane destroyed my internet connection so I've been using my computer as a coloring book.

Yes, Alain's book is like a magic coloring book, but mentalism style. If you flip through it one way, it teaches you how to read minds, but if you flip through it the other way, it teaches spectators how to read your mind. I just flipped through it backwards and my wife's about to kick my butt.

Re. Alain's impromptu book test which was mentioned in other posts, it's really clever and strong.

Larry D.

P.S. - Turk, thanks for the kind words.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Bill,
Thanks for the reply.
I have been after that darned booktest for a while now.

Oh well,
Thanks again,
James

Quote:
On 2003-09-20 13:50, Bill Cushman wrote:
Turk,

Bill
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book from Alain Nu on Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL