The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
Frank L. How long from when you ordered the video was it delivered. I just ordered mine this last weekend. It seems as is noted on the website that they are quite a few weeks out on shipping.

Quote:
On 2003-09-13 06:23, Martino wrote:
I believe that H&R magic books (who have just re-issued) "Absolute Magic" are negotiating with Derren to release "The Devils Picturebook" in DVD format. This may well be out before Christmas!

I contacted H&R Books in regard to this and got this reply:

TJ, our webmaster forwarded this to me. We are discussing this possibility with Derren. As publishers of his two books, PURE EFFECT and ABSOLUTE MAGIC, we do think there is a good chance he will release the video to us to issue in DVD format, but I cannot promise that it will happen... By the time it does, our website will be working again and you'll see mention of it there, as well as in advertising in LINKING RING, MAGIC and GENII...
Thanks for asking.
Richard

Richard Hatch
H & R Magic Books
3839 Liles Lane
Humble TX 77396-4088
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
727 Posts

Profile of ftlum
As I recall, it only took a couple of weeks to get the video... but I really wasn't keeping track of time.

-- Frank
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Ordered my copy 2 weeks ago - no sign yet (nor any confirmation of the order from Derren's site)
guido
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
152 Posts

Profile of guido
Ollason,
That makes a total of 6 weeks Smile
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
Did you get payment confirmation from PayPal?
Last I checked the website said something to this effect:
"I know we're slow. Sorry. Don't bother hassling us until 4 weeks after your order."
Mine took a couple of weeks. I expect they're dealing with more orders than they were just lately.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Quote:
On 2003-12-02 04:19, guido wrote:
Ollason,
That makes a total of 6 weeks Smile

Sorry for the multiple post - not sure how that happened.

Anyway,my copy of the video arrived last night about three weeks after ordering. Well worth the wait - and that judgement is based on one quick viewing of the first 4 routines. Excellent card work clearly explained with the psychological touches you'd expect from DB.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Ollason,

Are you in the USA? Cant find his video material anywheres here. May wait for H n R here in Texas to release the DVD version.

Wayne
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
Has the DVD been officially confirmed now?
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
296 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
My copy of the video has just arrived - the material I have only watched the first 3 card routine and I am more than happy with this purchase. He is a great teacher and has some great ideas.

It's paid for itself already and I have only seen the first 15 minutes

Cliff
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
I don't think that the DVD is confirmed. H&R said that it would be advertised in magic media if it goes through. Plus it would be on their website, which is still under some reconstruction.

I've seen the VHS on Ebay a couple of times.
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Quote:
On 2003-12-04 21:32, sapolice wrote:
Ollason,

Are you in the USA? Cant find his video material anywheres here. May wait for H n R here in Texas to release the DVD version.

Wayne

Wayne
I'm in the UK and got the video from http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Finally got it! Happy dance!

Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
I got mine today too! Just 15 days total from when I bought it! I figured it would be a heck of a lot longer.

Smile

Well.. much to my chagrin my tape is faulty. Has video up until about 30 minutes of the tape and the rest is just audio. BUT... the customer service has been great so far. Got a quick response. They may be mailing out a replacement soon.
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
I remember my video taking a long-ish time and I am in the UK, so to all those waiting I just thought that this may put you at ease.
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Quote:
On 2003-12-09 16:22, TJ Newton wrote:
Well.. much to my chagrin my tape is faulty. Has video up until about 30 minutes of the tape and the rest is just audio. BUT... the customer service has been great so far. Got a quick response. They may be mailing out a replacement soon.

Interestingly my copy was faulty too with two sections audio only and no picture. Likewise respose has been prompt and I've been promised a replacement tape to be sent immediately.
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
I have seen it...

its simply the best. Smile
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
I just haven't heard a confirmation whether or not they are going to send a replacement out. I inadvertantly deleted my order confirmation after I recieved the video. Possibly a lesson learned. I was able to give them information regarding credit card and dates... jut not the actual purchase confirmation number.

Smile
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
328 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Paul,

I don't know about offcially or not, but I met Derren Brown last weekend and somebody there asked him about the DVD plans and the answer was no, as yet.

Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk

***Now with new impossibottles for SALE!***
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Quote:
On 2003-12-10 10:12, ollason wrote:
Quote:

Interestingly my copy was faulty too with two sections audio only and no picture. Likewise respose has been prompt and I've been promised a replacement tape to be sent immediately.

Pleased to say that my replacement copy arrived safely as promised, and is perfect. Very good customer service.

Quote:
Quote:

Pleased to say that my replacement copy arrived safely as promised, and is perfect. Very good customer service.
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
Quote:
On 2003-12-15 04:46, ollason wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last I heard they would be putting one in the mail. Probably mailed this week. Not bad customer service so far. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL