The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ring Flash by Richard Pinner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
PS
Glad you like the floating flame. It's an awesome effect Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Just did a search for Wayne's original routine and it can be found his DVD set A Life In Magic Volume 1.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6907 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Here's the thing, you can't really do the original routine with Regal's Ring Chain. David's chain is designed to be a ring on chain while around your neck. It's not really designed for Ring Flash. Plus, the chain is a little thick for it. You could do some sort of variation, but not Wayne's or Richard's routine.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Daren
Just ordered ring flash, looking forward to receiving
coops
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of coops
I think it would work nicely with the Regal Ring Chain. You would load the ring in the action of taking the necklace off, instead of having to do the move in the open. As for the size, I'm not sure how thick the regal ring chain is, but the chain Richard uses in the demo is much thicker than the one supplied, which is very thin and feminine. Super routine but I think it would be a lot cleaner with the Regal chain, if I'm right thinking it stays connected in the same way.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I've just bought David Regal's chain second hand from a fellow Café member to try this out.

Something else I was thinking about was using a FISM Flash instead of the string. I've not seen the full WD routine, but I've been trying to think of the motivation for using the string. In my mind to have the flash appear from nowhere just seems more magical. Plus you don't have to worry about refills.

Anyone had any experience with a FISM Flash? Or can anyone think of another method of creating the flash without the use of fs.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
music
View Profile
Special user
539 Posts

Profile of music
I'm not familiar with the routines, but another method for producing a flash is a striker that rest on your finger or can pinch between your fingers and you put into it fl*sh cot**n. I bought one years ago from daytona magic.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6907 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
In terms of size, I was referring to Wayne's routine, not Richard's which is a little different.

I just think the design of David's chain would make the appearance of the ring a bit more challenging. You obviously can't light a piece of flash paper or string against your shirt (well, I wouldn't anyway). But even if you could, you'd have to hold the back of the chain with one hand which would look weird. And if you have to take off the Ring Chain and hold it out in the open for any length of time... well, those who own it would know it would be a bit of a challenge. There's a lot to conceal.

Again, the Regal Ring Chain is awesome. But wasn't made for this routine.
darrenjames
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of darrenjames
I would see having both (which I do) as giving you the option of where the ring will appear, I'm using both as an ending to a longer ring routine where at then end the ring vanishes and is required (by the law of magic and the law its not my ring) to appear somewhere in a magicial way.

Ring Flash comes with all the required props, including flashstring, case, necklace (gimmicked)as well as a DVD, if you purchase the full package it also comes with the ITR. I've not done the float yet, however the ring flash got some great reactions when performed the other night for the first time.

Richard has been peforming this for some years, I like check out when a worker releases his material Richard discusses all the little touches and performance ideas on the DVD, these points are learnt when working an effect over many years and what I found the most value.

Guess its not for everyone but I took the ideas and fitted it to my routine perfectly.
darrenjames
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of darrenjames
Forgot to add I use David's chain if the ring is of the large type, this allows me to ask for any ring and stops that moment when you have to say "no not that one". However note you can (and I have) used Ring Flash for large rings, however I think the reaction from men having it appear around my neck is strong and the ladies seem to like the flash more........but that could just be the type of people I perform for Smile
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Is there a video on this? Sounds great.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Found one.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
I like the ring flash. Not to hip on the floating part of the ring. It just looks like its hanginmg from IT. I know the layman don't know what IT is but it just don't look that clean to me.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I didn't care for the demo. It looks like the ring is dangling from a thread or hair attached to your fingers ( laymen will think that ).

A pass for me.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Laymen DO NOT think it's hanging from something. Laymen are amazed ! I actually own this and use it at several events every week.

You really have to own this and do it lots of times on the paying lay public before you can say that.

Mike Donoghue
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
What is the name of the vanish he uses on the ring.
Starts with a P ...
I've been training these cards since they were small.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ring Flash by Richard Pinner (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL