The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Help With Multiplying Bottles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RyanDicharry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of RyanDicharry
First let me start by saying that prior to this question I have searched the Magic Café and internet for answers and I still have yet to answer my question.

I want to add the multiplying bottles to my act and I need help figuring out which ones to purchase.

From research I see the nine bottle sets are superior. I am seriously considering the Bottles by Reg Donnelley & Paul Rohmany as seen here http://www.magicwhiz.com/comedy-multiplying-bottles-by-reg-donnelley-trick.html. They sell for between $450-$495.

While researching I came across these "Comedy bottles by Paul Rohmany" seen here for $350.00 : http://www.eastcoastmagic.com/cobobyparo.html. The picture of the bottles look different but the routine is the same.

Are these the same bottle sets?

Any thoughts on the above two sets?

Any other bottle sets to recommend? Will spend up to $600.00

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Ryan as you know there are many different sets available and differing costs, and they vary in sets of three, or sets of four.
What you really want to figure out first is what routine you want to use. Differing routines use various bottle combinations.
Once you choose a routine then check out the quality of the apparatus. You may even want to buy a cheap set to bang around and practice on before you get your performance set.
About the two sets you are looking at, other than color they are pretty much the same, both will follow the same type of routine.
You may want to email or call Eastcoast Magic and find out if they still have the $350 set and verify the current price, I've run into problems like that before.
Drop an email to Hocus-Pocus they carry several brands and work with Paul Rohmany on a lot of his products they can give you some really good advice on the quality.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Ryan, when I was shopping for a set I spent almost a month deciding to spend $500 on the set I finally got. But in the end I was very happy with my decision, a 12 bottle set thru Hocus Pocus. I would suggest you get a set with as many bottles as possible, and experiment to figure out how to use them all.

My second set I bought from a gent in England, a set of 8. I am planning on repainting them after seeing some fun ideas folks have posted.

Some are bothered by the alcohol theme and perfer the soda theme, but you can re-lable the bottle for ANY liquid, and repaint the bottles ANY colors to suite your needs.

You can get input from all over the place, but I suggest you read all you can on what each set offers from all the shops you can google and just narrow it down to what you like. It really is the routine/presentation that makes the effect.

Study - Decide & Pratice, pratice, pratice. (The Ken Brooke routine is a good place to start if needed.)

Good Luck and have fun.

Pete
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Ryan, are you related to Hikari? ... sorry couldn't resist.

I believe that the 350 version is all black. And the other version has 6 different colors.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you can find a used set of Ken Brooke's or Rings N Things, they are the best. 9 bottles is the best. I have done the Ken Brooke routine for about 30 years and it is, IMHO the most commercial, and no steal version.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Ihave the Ken Brooke and the new Japanese set, though I like my Ken Brooke bottles, the Japanese bottles are miles better. And more expensive
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Aren't the Japanese ones $1,000.00 ???
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Up to $1900.00 now
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
IDOTRIX,

Have you had any problems with the durability of the Japanese ones?

Ryan,

If you make the investment, it will be worth it. Whatever you do, buy a good set.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Same as all the other bottles, Ken Brooke, Harries, Uday. If you drop them they will dent.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Quote:
On 2011-11-02 21:13, RyanDicharry wrote:

I want to add the multiplying bottles to my act and I need help figuring out which ones to purchase.

From research I see the nine bottle sets are superior. I am seriously considering the Bottles by Reg Donnelley & Paul Rohmany as seen here http://www.magicwhiz.com/comedy-multiplying-bottles-by-reg-donnelley-trick.html. They sell for between $450-$495.

I am thinking of purchasing these bottles as well. Has anyboy seen/used them who can comment on their quality?

Thanks!
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I have a set of the Rohmany/Donnelley multicolored bottles. They are of high quality - present themselves well on the stage and work for the Rohmany routine. If I were to do the Ken Brooke routine (one of the best, IMO, I would use the 9 bottle set of Himber bottles that I have. Unfortunately it is VERY hard to locate these excellent bottles these days. I think they simply look the most like glass bottles.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I have a set for sale
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
The search for bottles is a bit frustrating, as it appears that all recommended sets for the Ken Brooks-type routine are either no longer made and hard to find, or cost $1,900. I'm not looking for a cheap set, but a good solid set. I like the Rohmany/Donnelly set because they aren't alcohol bottles, but the routine for which they are designed is more of the Bandana/Banana approach where one is following recorded instructions--entertaining but not exactly what I have in mind. Are there any good sets still available up to $350 or so you would recommend?

Thanks!
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I kick myself for ever selling my set of Himber bottles. I have had the Harries and the RNT sets (sold them) and have my original Ken Brooke set.

The RNT's were maybe the closest to the Himber's.

I was at a convention and the chairman asked me to do the bottles. (He didn't ask until I got there and my Brooke's were at home). Someone had a used set of RNT's so I bought them for $400. After the show the guy I bought them from came up to me and gave me $100 back, saying, "I enjoyed that so much."

Some years later someone was desperately looking for a set of RNT's so I sold them to him. Otherwise I would have kept them.

Maybe it's time Donnie makes them again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Help With Multiplying Bottles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL