The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Standing up to the Wind... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
I am doing an outdoor festival on Sunday. I am doing it for money, but mainly for exposure as there will be about 13,000 people there. I want to sit some of my slightly bigger creations on the desk such as balloon vase with flowers and a large princess. However, the wind here in Florida is always a monster.

Do you guys have any tips on tying them down or making them to not fly away?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
In addition to the lamp stand that Christopher referenced in the link to the other topic, for smaller sculptures I use sand or water weights. I prefer sand weights because the potential for damage is minimized if the balloon pops. People have used a lot of things to make balloon weights. Some people use large washers from Home Depot put in a 5 inch round balloon. To make a sand weight, I use one of those ketchup squeeze bottles that is filled with sand. I use the ketchup bottle filled with sand to fill a five inch round balloon that matches in color the vase or other sculpture I want to weigh down. To get as much sand in the 5 inch round as possible, I alternate filling the balloon with sand until it reaches the nozzle and then put in a puff of air. This expands the balloon allowing you to put more sand in the balloon. I create enough sand weights to properly weigh down the balloon. For a vase this may be three or four weights.The sand I use is from Home Depot and is used for sand boxes.
Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
Thanks guys, just what I was looking for. Yeah, I saw the lamp idea, but these aren't stand alones, they are sitting on tables.

Steve, that idea sounds great. Tomorrow it's off to the dollar store for the ketchup bottle to try it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Standing up to the Wind... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL