The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Mo Bros out there? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I have joined the movember movement and am growing a mustache to raise funds for prostate cancer research and treatment. Anyone else growing the mo this month?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Never heard of it till your post. 'Bout time we came up with something to compete with Pink. Smile

Wonder how all the sports teams will show their support...particularly women's sports teams/athletes?

I can see the Finals at Wimbledon...2 ladies wearing fake moustaches!

But I am making light of a very serious thing. If it all convinces guys to go to the doc, its definitely worth it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Already have one . . . for 30 years. From the thread title, I thought you might be referring to Uncle Mo.

http://www.unclemo.com/

He's had a tough go with serious illness, too. But he's still good looking and has a lot of "heart."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I did not know about this big C event, but I've got a pretty sweet handlebar 'stache these days. Did recently start growing in the Paul Bunyan beard for the winter time too.

It does sound an interesting thing to do, except I don't think I could handle starting clean-shaven.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I have a goatee. I'll be willing to forgo trimming to help the cause.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-11-03 23:55, Josh Chaikin wrote:
I have a goatee. I'll be willing to forgo trimming to help the cause.

Goatees violate rule #4.

http://uk.movember.com/uploads/files/Dow......ules.pdf

THERE IS TO BE NO JOINING OF THE HANDLEBARS TO YOUR CHIN. (THAT’S CONSIDERED A GOATEE)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Excluding others is a violation of rule number 5, "EACH MO BRO MUST CONDUCT HIMSELF LIKE A TRUE
COUNTRY GENTLEMAN." unless by country gentleman, they mean having a duel with anyone that impugns a lady's honor.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Already adorned, but am involved with the local barber school to promote this. Also selling fakes, which we call MO FAUX...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

For those still following, I just posted this 1978 picture of me with a mo. I don't think I can quite live up to that, but I'll get a photo of my (mostly grey) current attempt later today.

John
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Looks like I didn't follow up with my 2011 mo.

But it's time to get serious about prostate cancer and mustaches again. Anyone willing to grow a mo for our bros with prostate cancer?

http://www.movember.com

John
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The other day we had a do at the club to raise some dough for cancer reserch and we raised about £700. My wife took the money to the bank to send it off to them. At the bank the manager came out and said they were doing a thing where if £750 were raised then the bank would double it to £1,500. Cool my said I will put the £50 to it then. No, the manager said, we will do that if you don't mind. Cool, my wife said , thank you. So the charity place got £1,500. Strange thing about it was the charity phoned and asked how we done as if they had not got anything. When my explained they said, oh that is great but when that happens it looks as if its a donation from the bank. I don't care if the bank gets all the credit as long as yoou got more money, my wife said. So anyway if you don't care about who gets the credit then check out the banks see you might be able to double what you raise perhaps.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Have had a moustache and beard for 30 years. But I am with you in spirit.

tommy, Mr. Woodruff of Coca Cola said that there is NO LIMIT to what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
John my friend
I grew my moustache 1966, and have never shaved it off. Perhaps I will make a donation instead. My moustache has been long, short, brown, in the Summer time it used to turn red, but today it is short, and white.

BTW
I am not fond of the exam for this condition.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2011-11-06 13:13, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
For those still following, I just posted this 1978 picture of me with a mo. I don't think I can quite live up to that, but I'll get a photo of my (mostly grey) current attempt later today.

John

John, has anyone told you that you look like Orlando Bloom of Pirates of the Caribbean fame? I wish I could support you all on this charity.....I suppose I could start a Pitober movement, but I'm sure many men would rather I didn't.....LOL

(I had some funnier name/month combo's but they would probably get deleted so I went for the "g" verson)
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
"Whilst the growing of Mo's is limited to the guys, Mo Sistas play a vital role in the success of Movember by supporting and encouraging the men in their life to get involved, and participating in raising funds and awareness themselves."
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-24 19:45, AllAboutMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-06 13:13, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:

John

John, has anyone told you that you look like Orlando Bloom of Pirates of the Caribbean fame?

Why thank you, but I think you mean "looked"--that photo is 34 years old. (Actually, my daughter made the same comment, but I thought she wanted something.)

John
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter

o.O
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 19:45, AllAboutMagic wrote:
I wish I could support you all on this charity.....I suppose I could start a Pitober movement, but I'm sure many men would rather I didn't.....LOL

(I had some funnier name/month combo's but they would probably get deleted so I went for the "g" verson)

I was way too curious about this post. I need to get out more.
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
John
IMHO you look more like a young James Taylor when he had hair.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think the take away message here is that whether it's Manson, Magnus, or Taylor, every photo from the 70s looks exactly the same.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Mo Bros out there? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL