The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Depicting Thoughts Set ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I just flew into New York City and had the honor and privilege of being at Tannen's Magic Shop after years. It looks like Tannen's has become a mentalism mecca with that trick LIFT and also the newest thing I bought that just blew me away. I am talking about the Depicting Thoughts Set, just killer. I recommend it highly, plus I love everything that ParaLabs puts out they're all winners. If you're looking to buy this I think Tannen's is the only one that has these.

http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m=......l&p=9006
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2820 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Depicting Thoughts, with all the accompanying features, is fantastic. I think, however, you can get it via ParaLabs directly and recommend if so that you support the creators.

ParaLabs has also released a marked version of the PLF deck. This is equally phenomenal and opens up many new doors.

Add to that their marked ESP decks, the best I've ever used, and ParaLabs has really made quite a contribution to mentalism. There is more to come and, again, whenever possible, support the creators!
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Bill,

Do you think Tannen's didn't buy these from the creator? Imo, support the few remaining B/M shops. Its not like the creators are out of the loop.

Respect,
Billy
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
For your information Mr. Cushman Tannen's had the Marked Depicting Thoughts Sets and is also the exclusive distributor of ParaLabs stuff in the USA. In fact, Rainer (the guy at ParaLabs) directed me towards Tannen's to buy it. Rainer and Thomas are great, I met them at MindVention, their mentalism products are the best.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
For your information, CarlZen, it is Dr. Cushman Smile.

No need to come across with attitude, intentional or unintentional. Think happy thoughts... Smile
Dr. Bill's point, as I see it is: We are a small community with some talented and nice people as creators.
If you can, think about supporting them directly.

Tony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18262 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Absolute top marks for the depicting thought set...

wonderful stuff...
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Peace, my friends! Smile

Thanks a lot for all your appreciation; and even if we're obviously happy with colleagues who contact us directly, we're happy as well with colleagues who visit our friends at Tannen's!

As Ant Jacquin from Headhacking offers our work in the UK, Tannen's offers the opportunity for all those interested in the US to take a look at our material and get it immediately. And I know by experience that there are US mentalists who feel more secure in ordering material from inside the US anyway.
AND - in addition to this - I am told that the guys at Tannen's do a really good job in demonstrating our tools! Smile

So thanks again to all our supporters, whether they they visit our shop or Tannen's or Headhacking !
Peace!
Th.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thomas, will you have some of your m****d picture cards at Tabla next week?

Steve
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Of course, my friend! Smile

Cheers
Th.
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
Hey Steve,

great to hear that we see us at Tabla next week.
All so for you:

If you need anything else from us... let us know.

@CarlZen

thank you for your honest review.
Like Thomas wrote, a lot of the american mentalists like to order from a local dealer. Tannens is doing a great job and we heard a lot of their demonstration skills.

By the Way:

the Picture Cards Stage Deck is available in two weeks at Tannens, Headhacking and of course in our shop.
The ESP Stage Cards are available in our shop and at Tannens and Headhacking next week.

cheers
Rainer
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Hi Rainer
Don't want to derail the thread, but as its about your stuff anyway maybe it's OK
I need a new pen for my Parapad, mines dried up.

And I'm interested when your hook-up will be available.

Steve
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Tony all good I respect you and Dr.Cushman Just slipped Dr.Cushman it is.Anyway just wanted to say how much I love this product a good evening to all.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Carlzen

Thank you for mentioning this product, it looks interesting.

Tony
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1584 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I have to agree with all of the praise for the Depicting Thoughts set. I have it and am blowing guys away with it. Yesterday,I fooled some very knowledgeable mentalists with it. As to the general public, I only did this in s few shows so far, but it got a great reaction and is now part of my repertoire.

I also have the large set of their marked ESP/Zener cards. Again, excellent stuff.

Thomas and Rainer have taken the time,effort and expense to produce very high quality props which are very sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. The accompanying books are an education in themselves.

ParaLabs items have my highest recommendation.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
So the bottom line is that a person can select a picture card and you tell them what it is? Is this correct?

R
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
This jewel from Thomas and Rainer is stuff memories are made of (No pun intended).
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

I love memories!

Ray
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-06 15:36, Magical Dimensions wrote:
So the bottom line is that a person can select a picture card and you tell them what it is? Is this correct?

Hmm, ... well, it's not that easy, ... rather ... no!

We are pretty detailed in how present a revelation in our Depicting Thoughts book; and if you would present it the way you suggested, you would squander the real strength of this tool. You would just replace a playing card (for example) by a picture, but perform the same way - and this would be a pity!

Compare the following two revelation scenarios:

You perform a mind reading routine with playing cards. Your participant choses the 3 of hearts. Your revelation could look like this:

“I see a red card, it's hearts, ... a number card, low, uneven – is it a 3 of hearts?”

Let's take a look on a revelation sequence from our Depicting Thoughts set.
A participant choosing an image from our PLF Picturecard deck, can pick one which triggers some personal memories, which she can imagine in a concrete, possibly emotional situation and which therefore gains a subjective meaning for her.
Due to the respective trick handling, this of course does not play any role for the purely technical procedure of choosing this image, but it will help you sell the image determination in your presentation!
As soon as the participant had chosen her image, you can “slowly approach” its determination by associating a situation and – if required and possible – flavour this with a little Cold Reading. And this will definitely reinforce the whole effect yet again.

Let's say the participant choses the lighthouse - and we secretly identified this picture.

„Please look at the Object ... in your mind, ...
    ... no, ... you have to go nearer, – there’s too much distance!
    Oh, – did you put your head back?!?
    Now you have to look up to see it as a whole - right?!

... Yes! – That’s pretty big! ... High!

And ... there are noises! ... I can hear them?! ...
    Sounds like ... crying ... screaming ... roaring, ...!
    There are birds, ... ... smells like ... salt ... on my lips!

Waves, ... the sea, ... stones, ...
    ... the colors ... white ... and red, ...!
    ... does this match your thoughts by any means!?“

Even if this is an abridged version of what we would actually perform - but did you realize the difference between both revelations? Not only that we can be much more emotional and sensual in our wording, more than this we don't even talk about a picture! We talk about her personal memories! So we not read a chosen picture from her mind, ...
... we rather read her personal thoughts and memories and sensations and emotions! More often than not we don't even name the picture at all.

We are very explicit on this topic in our book, because it is one of the most important aspects in mind reading anyway.

Here is the table of contents of our Depicting Thoughts book - maybe it helps you to estimate the differences:

8 Contents
    10 Intro

- I -
    THE TOOL

18 Preliminaries
    24 The Stack
    38 Handling

- II -
    PRESENTATIONAL ASPECTS

44 Legitimization
    52 EPAC Test Series
    56 Introducing the Deck
    60 Personal Use Example
    64 On Proper Disorder

- III -
    IMAGE TRACING

72 Standard Peeks
    86 Palm Peeks / Steal Peeks
    88 Open Peeks
    90 Box Peeks
    95 Counts
    104 Alternatives

- IV -
    USEFUL TECHNIQUES

112 Reset Options
    118 Stack from Chaos
    126 Revelations
    136 Force 76, RAWSON-Style
    140 On Subtle Markings

- V -
    UTILIZATIONS

146 Duets
    152 Design Duplications
    160 Par(a)-optic Vision
    166 Coincidences
    174 Mnemotechniques
    176 ParaDesktop
    188 Materializations

- VI -
    PARTICULARLY HYPNOTISM - ANTHONY JACQUIN & KEV SHELDRAKE

192 Preface
    194 False Memories
    201 Hypermnesia
    206 Telepathy

- VII -
    FURTHER ROUTINES

212 Dream Visions
    220 Mecki’s Triple
    230 ParaHeisting Histed
    244 No Stack Routines I Picture It!
    252 No Stack Routines II Dodging
    256 No Stack Routines III Thought Shifter
    266 No Stack Routines IV ParaWay

- VIII -
    CLOSURE

278 Extro 278
    281 Bibliographical References
    285 Any Questions?

If there are any further questions, feel free, ... Smile

Cheers
Th.
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
This sounds amazing. Thank you for the additional information, you've sold me on this. Exactly the kind of emotional impact I look for.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

If I ordered the marked PLF Picturecard Stack, would I also need to get the Depicting Thoughts Set in order to get the full benifit of this item?

I have my eyes on the marked set and my finger resting next to the paypal button!

Best
Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Depicting Thoughts Set ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL