The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best galfed coin (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Best gaffed coins, in my opinion:

Expanded shell
Copper/Silver coin.

I can produce more and better magic with those than anything else out there. Period.

Jim

Yep, pretty much agree with Mac here. The other tricky coins have their place but for more general, all-around magic, the X-Shell and C/S coin are hard to beat, as to price and usage. You can ramp up transpo effects with a C/S coin, and an X-shell creates the impossible…Just check Roth's, Super Clean Coins Across. It's still one of the best coin routines ever done with a sh*ll, IMHO.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
A split coin can pretty much do the same as a TUC, but at a much lower price point.

Jim

I would agree to some extent --

the problem is that all the things I like to do with the TUC can't be done with a split coin.

So, as always, figure out the desired end result and work backwards.

I use the TUC and all gaffs less and less, relying more on Sleight -- some of which I invented to meet a specific need.

Hence, the gaffs gave me the confidence to keep my hand in coin magic despite severe arthritus.

Now that I have found out what I want to do I figure out a better way,

Since not everyone has this creative drive I suggest mastering an Exp [ first, then get a TUC if you are performing more coin magic than anything else.

You can always use the TUC with an exp [ for extra excitement. (which is why Mr. Tango added the Slip-Shim-Shell)

Can't live without a C/S of course, but that's a different approach to astonishment.

as a side-bar, combining an Exp [ with a hooker or mag-coin can open up incredible possibilities (one-ahead and one-behind in the same effect). Called the Birch Stack it is very unappreciated.

Maybe I should write an e-book ;}
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best galfed coin (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL