The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » So who got their Alchemy Moon Stuff? And what do you think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
My stuff came in last week which was a lot faster than I expected. So I'm guessing a bunch of the rest of you got your stuff too.

So what do you think? I'm curious to hear everyone else's experience.

I'm also curious about a couple of effects. Somebody tell me about Alchemical Artifactum. I'm curious what you plan to do with them and what kind of effects the cards can be used for. Also, what the heck is the deal with the "Grandfather's Diary?" I'm intrigued.

Also somebody give me the skinny on Happy Families!

Thanks in advance :0)
TwentyOne
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TwentyOne
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......14&84294 look up here,there are some reviews already.
TwentyOne
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TwentyOne
Oh, I thought it was in another forum. O_o
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I started a DITF thread already and will be putting an AA review up soon. I also want to hear from anyone who got "happy families".
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Thanks Jorey, looking forward to reading your review!
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
There will be a big interview in the next issue of Mystic Menagerie with Christopher J Gould, it's one to look out for!
I will also be reviewing DITF and Kings Cussing Cards in a future issue too...
TwentyOne
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TwentyOne
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
My small package of goodies arrived last night, fittingly enough on the same night as rather large looking full moon. I grabbed the Kings Cuss Cards and Zoltar as well as a DITF elite which is on order. The Kings Cuss Cards are great and I am looking forward to sitting around a table and playing the game with an unsuspecting audience member. I know for sure I will be ordering more in the time to come.

David J
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Still no sign for me. Very sad! Smile
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
The wait is worth it. Hopefully Monday brings good things for you necroloid. I know in Canada the postal system was closed for Remembrance Day, and I assume it was closed in the US as well for Veterans Day
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
I'm still waiting as well even though I got an advance order and it was shipped on Monday 31st. Being in Canada, as are some of the above posters, we must suffer the delays of ******* Canadian customs. We have the highest rates and the worst service in the civilized world. End of rant.

For any of you thinking of visting, please do. It's a great country. Just don't expect anything close to normal postal service.
krakhead
View Profile
Regular user
I have built a fence, it has
126 Posts

Profile of krakhead
Those ***s in Customs still have my parcel :-( Getting a little ****ed off with them now!
He is a liar. The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological and powerful. So don't listen to him. Remember that - do not listen
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
It seems to me that Customs operate on a model first championed by Dick Turpin.
Paul and I are working like mad to get this all sorted.
Basically we are the victims of our own success. Within an hour of opening we were running out of stock on some of the more popular items.
So rather than making people wait for new supplies in Europe, we decided to send out from the USA. Alas, customs charges on items sent transatlantic - and from the USA to Canada are a fact of life.
All I can say is this - we are working hard to replenish stock. This is not as quick as some may like, but remember there is some element of individualization in most of our work, so it is not as simple as just getting it from the printer.
When we are back on top of the stock situation, the problems with customs will largely disappear. As all stock to Europe will be sent from the UK and all US and Canada stock will be sent from the US - however, this still does not give a solution to our customers in Canada.
Customs, like Toll Roads are a fact of life -- but we are doing our best to get around them.
In future, if we run out of stock - it seems that the fairest thing to do is to give the customer the option of waiting, being refunded or taking the risk on the customs lottery.
However, this is no great comfort to anyone hit by these charges. If you have been experiencing problems with customs charges, please contact us - alchemy-moon@mail.com
Incidentally, no one has actually complained to us over this, so it is clear that you all understand the situation. Thanks for sticking with us! However, the frustration is genuine and understandable.
Again, this is a bit of a teething problem as we stabilize stock.
We are on it!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2158 Posts

Profile of RCP
Received Happy Families two days after ordering. So busy I just now have had the opportunity to open the package. As always the instruction booklet is a work of art. This is much more than I had expected! If you like Zoltar I think you will be attracted to this.....I don't know why? I have not done card magic in years and honestly gave it up because WHO really gave a **** other than other card magicians? So basically this is a set of family pictures that substitute for a deck of cards. Take a cheesy card trick and turn it into a story.....yeah baby that’s what we do.....

The Book of Answers and Happy Families and I got fun fun fun.........and nobody can take the Tbird away

More please......
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Anyone know the average shipping time for alchemy moon products to Australia?

regards,
MI
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
It will be the average of shipping anything to Australia. All I can say is that Paul and I are both committed to customer service - more so than the international postal service is! As such we will post within the week of the order being placed, often we post next day. Again, once we hand the parcel over the counter it is out of our hands. So, the shipping times will be the same for us as with anyone who uses the post office.
To answer your question directly, the average is between 10-14 days. Contact me if it is any longer.
cheers
Chris
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Thanks for the fast reply Chris! I will do so if it is any longer.

regards,
MI
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Well the tracking shows mine has cleared customs Nov.10 in Canada and since Friday was a holiday and there is no weekend postal service here, I am expecting it Monday or Tuesday. That's 15/16 days - simply how long it takes.
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Great review of The Witch of Glastonbury in Linking Rings this month.
To quote:
"This is a beautifully made piece of bizarre story magic with excellent, tastefully done, instructions. Highly Recommended."
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Now that I have had my small order (Kings Cuss Cards and Zoltar) for a few days and allowed it all to sink in a little, I just wanted to say a little more. They both are so much more then just another effect or routine. They are gateways into something much bigger than I expected. Not to mention the quality of the art, simply outstanding. I can only imagine what Death in the Family is going to be like...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » So who got their Alchemy Moon Stuff? And what do you think? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL