The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Vanish by Stephane Jardonnet and Olya Ovtenieva (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi,

would love to see the audience view of these vanishes. they look great.

thanks
mac.
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Don't know if it was just me but there seemed to be 1 or 2 flashes in the video ? Doesn't really matter tho as it wasn't from angles where audience would view,looks great overall .I wouldn't mind seeing what it could do showing both hands empty then vanishing an item from the performers own hands.

Luke
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
I guess it's a cross between Raven and Gecko..A Ravcko! Smile

Top is f....g line with tack instead of m....t and on the end is a gecko type pull. Still not sure though how that can be 100% invisible.

Good idea thou. That's how the Gecko should have been designed in the first place.

Problem with those devices is that you can't re-produce the item which is an important part for me plus
the get ready can't be done infront of the audience.

There is nothing like a good holdout but the decent ones cost a fortune and nowadays can't even be repaired.
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Seen this Demo live, and it's as clean as a pull cab get. Showing both sides of your hands prior to the vanish, no suspicious moves, no ridicules finger positions. Clean open and natural. It has my vote for sure!
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Is a clothing modification necessary to retrieve the ring from pocket like in the demo?

Thanks,
Mike
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
Hi Mike,

Yes, to retrieve the object you vanished, you need clothing modification. I explain how to do it in the DVD. It's easy, and take less than a minute. However, you may not want to do it as it alters your jacket forever. The choice is yours.

Sincerely,
Stephane.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2011-11-22 02:44, Stephane Jardonnet wrote:
Hi Mike,

Yes, to retrieve the object you vanished, you need clothing modification. I explain how to do it in the DVD. It's easy, and take less than a minute. However, you may not want to do it as it alters your jacket forever. The choice is yours.

Sincerely,
Stephane.

Thank you Smile

Mike
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Stephane When will this be available to us suppliers?
Jason of BackroomMagic
Pozlea
View Profile
New user
Chuck Leach
14 Posts

Profile of Pozlea
Effects looks good! Not sure I see the difference between your empty hand move and the Raven's "Empty Hand Move". Both look good on video. Is your's different? If the same, in part or whole, are you aware The Raven "Empty Hand Move" is protected intellectual property, covered by two registered copyrights (instructions & Audio/Video filings). Do you credit them or did you contact them for permission? Ditto for the Gecko people for the aspects of your trick that appear to duplicate their methodology and handling?.....again protected by copyrights. Not sure why someone would need this if they already have a Raven & Gecko. I like the bigger item vanishes, but for smaller items, the Raven can't be beat for its visual vanish during a quick wave of the hand.
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Hi Chuck, and thank you for asking !

Crystal Vanish does not use the raven Hook-up. It is a pull device, therefore, the only commun part might be 1 foot long : The black pull

I say only one foot, because the raven elastic is probably much longer than that, and in order to use Crystal Vanish, I modified the lengh of the pull to be able to perform with your sleeves rolled and not have to worry about flashing a big large black elastic thread.

But as far as I know, the black pull is also in use in the universal pull device, and was probably described in the Tarbell, and maybe also described in books from the 1800's or even older.

Please, note that I love the Raven. I believe that this was a major improvment in any pull device from the 90's, and I recommend any pull device user that want to vanish a metallic object to use the Raven first. No wonder why David Blaine used it in one of his first TV show.

Best regards,
Stephane.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
"Video magic" at its best. Why the cut shot after going into the pocket? Does it take 5 minutes to get it off the pull? A lot of cheating zoom ins with the video, and I know it is tough to show an effect on video without misdirection. But why the cut shot at the pocket? That just tells me that you the object is tough to release.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2011-11-12 08:54, LukeB wrote:
Looks like it might have potential but the over the shoulder camera shots of pulls in action are completely redundant-Better off with an honest front on view of what the spec would see.

Luke

I thought that is how all audiences watch, they line up beind you and look over the shoulder?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Hi Sirbrad,

The reason why the video is edited while retrieving the ring from the pocket, is because I inadvertantly dropped it on the floor. It looks good for the Xmas outtakes, but for the video, I could have done better.

Now, I did not record 25 times the same trick in order to get a good one, but only 3 times, with only 1 camera. I would have had 2 camera, it would have been easier to edit. I kept that video so you can hear the sound of the object vanishing.

However, the point isn't there. When you receive the trick, you also receive a DVD that explains how to use a pull device, the basic techniques, the commun mistakes to avoid and so much more.

If you would have seen the DVD, you would not make that comment, because you can clearly understand how easy it is to retrieve any object from the pocket. As a matter of fact, I do 3 or 4 more demo inside the DVD, which each one were made on the first take...

Also, I cover in the DVD the angles of viewing, and I show a few front view on how to perform while facing a spectator. In the DVD, you will see the bad way to do it, and the good way to do it. The bad way : you flash the entire trick. The good way, the object vanishes Smile

I believe that the gimmick improves any device on the market, and I think that the most important thing while having a DVD to explain how to do the trick, should also explain the basic techniques on how to use a pull device. Therefore, the object you vanish does not end up on the floor, it does not make a crazy noise while vanishing, and your angles are covered !

Sincerely,
Stephane.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
This looks quite good and it sounds like Stephane has put a lot of thought into the DVD, but I agree with the others that I'd like to see an unedited video from the spectators' viewpoint. I'd really love to hear a review from those who've purchased it already. Was much jacket modification needed? Can it be done with a vest? Can the (assumed) hook up to the hand be done one-handed? Can it be reset in the open?

- Frank
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4708 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK guys- I got this and have to say what Stephane is reporting is true. OK, what you get is all the material needed to construct your device and the DVD. First, the construction of the device is very simple. Now- I know some feel that when you purchase something- everything should come completed and set-up. I also understand that there are those of us who do not like arts & crafts and to make/build things. I am one of them. Though, I see why Stephane did this- it's a pull device that has to be customized to your size and honestly, the set-up may take 10 minutes at most. Stephane gives very good instructions throughout the process. Though, as I previously mentioned- it is not a knuckle-buster set up. As for the device- I like it and will use it. Why do I like it? First, if you follow Stephanes instructions on using the device, nothing should break. Though, since you construct everything, if anything should break, you will know how to fix it. And the only thing that could break can be found and purchased easily. As for the clothing modification to retrieve the object, this is not difficult and you will still be able to use your coat/pocket normally. Again, Stepane gives very good instructions on the DVD to accomplish this. Though again, this is not difficult at all. When vanishing larger objects, Stephane explains on the DVD what other modification you should do to prevent exposure. This is not hard to do. I posed a question to him about what he suggests on the DVD to use and if you want to continue to perform other tricks. I was worried that this would be exposed to the spectators. Stephane replied and suggested another accessory to use in place of what he suggested on the dvd which would not be noticed and still accomplish the task. He told me where to get a good one and at a good price.

My favorite feature of the Crystal Vanish is how you truly can have your sleeves rolled up and show the front and back of both hands before the vanish without exposing anything! I am assuming that is why it was called The CRYSTAL vanish. This is a true statement and can be accomplished. As far as angles- Stephane covers and explains positioning of your body in full detail. He explains when the device might be exposed and obviously what is the best positioning to be in when performing it. I think the angles are pretty good with this. There is really only one bad angle, and even at this angle depending on how close the specs are to you- you may get away with it.

The retrieval of the object once vanished will not take 5 minutes as someone previously posted. You can reach directly into your pocket and remove it fairly smoothly.

All in all- my first impressions for this are good. I want to test it out in the real world and give it the wife test and then I will post again.

Happy Vanishing!

RNK
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Stephane blew me away with his presentation of Crystal Vanish at a private event. As a past creator of my own PD "The Dragon" this is the cleanest vanish of any PD out period! His sleeves rolled, fingers splayed open, no suspicious moves, no awkward hand movements, both sides of each hand clean, and then bam an exremely silent instant vanish, and then a clean retrieval.

Other pulls on the market are now simply obsolete, I give credit to Stephane for solving what all of them have tried to accomplish. An effective and clean vanish. Clearly, it's different then anything else out there we can see that in the presentation with both sides of the hand in a natural position empty and clean. It's no wonder other types of this device are quivering in there creative shoes, as PD's stand this is a crystal clear choice.
Jason of BackroomMagic
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
1. Is it possible using this gimmick along with Pure Smoke gimmick. I would like to create magical moment with smoke rather than "fast vanish". But I don't know wheter these two gimmick can be worn at the same time or not?

2. Is it something like "Gecko" or totally different?

3. and is it possible that we can show both hands "empty" to more than 3 person in a group or do we have to show it on "one on one" person?

Hope someone could answer my questions.
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Hi,

1/ I do not have Pure smoke, so it is hard for me to tell you if you can combine both items at the same time. However, I like the idea Smile

2/ I do not want to compare Gecko, vs, Raven, vs Crystal Vanish. Each ones have their plus and minus. All of them are pull device though, so this is what they have in commun.

3/ Yes, you can show your hands empty while being surrounded.

Sincerely,
Stephane.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

With the growing popularity of this device I picked up several dozen for a promo this week. Learn how you can get this awesome effect Crystal Vanish free this week only by visiting my blog.
Jason of BackroomMagic
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Is this a one on one effect? How well will it work with an audinece watching sitting and the performer standing as muost shows go.

or is it designed for one on one , small groups like when strolling?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Vanish by Stephane Jardonnet and Olya Ovtenieva (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL