The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » I need advice on a cup routine! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
I've been working on a chop cup routine for about a week.

I made a post asking how to load a cup inside a cup. Dave V gave the excellent idea of keeping the cups in contact the whole time, so I ran with it. I think it works great! Thanks Dave!

But one of the biggest problems with my routine is that I am going to my pockets wayy too much(mostly the last two loads).

I was hoping someone could help me with this problem. Maybe add something to the patter that would justify this?

here's a link to the routine: http://youtu.be/ltHCEWrGq3E
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
A few things. In my opinion patter won't improve this as much as adjusting the construction will.

Change the opening sequence from 3 vanishes to 2. Then, instead of a third vanish, apparently put the ball (FT) into the pocket where the final loads are. This will allow you to have that hand emerge from the pocket empty one time. Make sure they remember that detail, and you go a long way to make it seem like trips to the pocket are fair.

Also, if you're going to work solely from the pockets, reduce the number of final loads to 2 (ball and then cup). This will allow you to make sure that the hand is only going to the pocket to put something away, so you won't need to make an unmotivated and conspicuous trip there. That third final load feels tacked on there anyway.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
Love the idea of taking out that last load. I might also do the thing with the vanishes.

Thanks for the help Andrew.

Anyone else?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Go to youtube and watch Paul Daniels' routine.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
That's the best routine I've ever seen! I was dying laughing! Thanks for showing me that, Pete!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When you have 50 posts, you will have access to a section of the Café called "Secret Sessions." There is a wealth of info there on final loads.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
Bill, what do you mean by "posts". Is that each time I post on a topic, or each time I post my own topic?
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Either way

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are some criteria. If all of your posts are replies that say things like, "I agree." or "That's wrong." the powers that be may delete the ones that are simply echoes of previous posts.

However, if you ask a question or reply to someone else's question with a legitimate answer, it will count, except in a couple of the sections. I think that the introductions forum doesn't give you any post credit. I believe this is also true about things you put up for sale.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
I love the variety in Roth's routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdajHLAT_P8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » I need advice on a cup routine! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL