The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Having fun gettin a message to kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
Hi all:
we had some fun the other night, working with kids. I love the way they get into the message, you can escape the straitjackets that bind you

heres a news blurb followed by some pics of it and some escapes

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11313/1188405-51.stm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=......2&type=1
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

Visit: www.escapeguy.com
Like: www.facebook.com/michaelgriffinescapes
Follow: www.twitter.com/escapeguy
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2477 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
This is good work Michael.

Remember I teach teen-agers for a living. Thye want nothing more than a guide to show them the way to get along in the world, but they dare not ask for one lest their independence be questioned. Nor can they accept it easily due to pride and ego. Add to all that pressure easy access to stuff that makes you "feel good" that everyone else is doing anyway and "shazam" a recipe for disaster. Trust me on this I know the game well, both from personal experience and from 20 years in the classroom.

Keep it up Michael, it was a very good thing you did.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Awesome stuff!

I've been doing a school programme for the past 3 years that uses escapes quite heavily, along with other circus and sideshow stuff, and it always plays well. Not just for the kids but also the teachers too.

In fact about 60% of my work is for 5 to 15 year olds.

Kids these days are far more savvy than most adults give them credit for. It seems you really hit the nail on the head with your set.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
In fact our long time friend Clyde, who's been MIA from these boards for quite some time now, does (or did) an anti-drugs show that uses escapes. Bust Loose I think he called it.

I'm not sure if he still does it. But I've got one of his posters on my wall Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Having fun gettin a message to kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL