The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How do I get coin in bottle out of bottle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Again, you're right. I just got two different ones, a WL which is pretty nice, but you can sort of tell at certain angles if light reflects. I also acquired a bicentennial (worst coin ever for this) half and the lines are very visible on both sides. Especially the back, since it is so plain and they didn't follow any grooves or anything. It just sparked my curiosity.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
I know this is the coin forum, but might I suggest that you do cap in bottle instead...and leave it in the bottle?

This has played much stronger for me for many years.

Brian
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2703 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-11-14 13:17, cablerock wrote:
Honestly the answer to most every question I have could be resolved by me buying dvds. I can't wait until I can afford some.

I can fully appreciate your point. DVD's (and to a lesser extent books) are often referred to on the Café as the FIRST point of reference; without realising that a number of people just don't have the spare cash to go out and buy these products.

Nothing intentionally wrong with the advice as it's the purpose of this forum to help each other. However, things have to be kept in perspective and (dare I suggest) first and foremost, we should initially be offering free advice via posts or PM's - if necessary. I certainly try and do this with a number of guys - especially those new to the game.

The fact is I truly don't believe that you need to buy DVD's to learn this effect. This is a trick that you will learn how to do well BY ACTUALLY GOING OUT AND PERFORMING IT. It's also possibly one of those rare coin tricks that is more dependent upon presentation rather than a myriad of sleights.

If I can be of any further help please PM me fella - I will be only too pleased to help.

Finally, please don't think this post is a 'dig' against anyone personally as I've fallen into the same referral advice myself - on many occasions!
Barry Allen
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The coin in bottle without taking it out offers a perfect climax to a one coin routine after a copper coin travelled, went through the hand, gained in value becoming silver, multiplied before keeping one which is finally pushed through the bottom of a bottle.

Now it seems to me that John Bannon was the first one to come with the idea of the tweezers
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
There are MANY alternatives to learning HOW to do magic, including the School Of Hard Knocks real life performances. I appreciate all the various forms of learning. Outside of one's own creativity, books and DVDs are INVESTMENTS in the Art that almost always pay off in saving time or illustrating a move done correctly. Re-reading books and re-viewing DVDs has helped me immensely. If anyone is limited with their budget for now, there is a wealth of wisdom and help in this Forum; not only via PMs graciously answered by experts, but also theSearch bar.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Cablerock, when I started to practice the trick some months ago I had the same problem that the band broke often. But I continued to practice and I got a new coin and now it really works. In the last maybe 70 times it always worked (and I never changed the band). So maybe you need a different coin or different bands from a magic dealer or maybe more practice.

I use a Heineken Beer Bottle and a Half Dollar and it is no problem to get the coin out of the bottle at the end. Sometimes it works after one shake, sometimes I need two or three shakes, but when it takes several shakes it is no problem, it makes it look more difficult.

The DVD "Folding Coin - Coin In Bottle (World's Greatest Magic)" by L&L Publishing (about 15 or 20 Dollar) is really good, because it shows you different routines, so you can learn a lot and find the way to perform that you like. I use the routine from Johnny Thompson on the DVD.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
The double folder mark mason sells comes
out of the bottle pretty easily.
todd
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
First: I wouldn't buy a DVD on this save your Money.

Second: What kind of Flipper are you using and the size of the Coin.

Third:Are you using a Wine or Plastic Bottle.

Forth:PM Me if you have any Questions.Hear to help.

Mark Mason,I saw him Lecture and do the "Blindspot" its a nice effect.It comes with a DVD and the Gaff and not the Coin.Mark gives a Great Lecture.

Watch This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUmnzGwdngs

Paul
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Fifth: Double band.

Paul, I agree it's not a necessity to buy a DVD to learn this effect. But if one has the means and desire, you can see Roth's handling and instructions and extra effects as well. Just saying.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
matthewjones
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of matthewjones
Go to any local orthodontist and ask them for a few different size rubber bands.. do a decent magic trick them and I have never paid!!

Quote:
On 2011-11-14 03:03, cablerock wrote:
Also, which rubber bands are best? I didn't have time to get the little regular ones like they probably came with so I went to CVS and bought two packs of tiny nylon/plastic hair bands. I have to loop them twice but they seem to be really good so far.
Thank you...

Matthew Jones
scalito
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of scalito
I use an old Coke bottle and put a little light oil or soap inside the neck. This makes the removal pretty easy and saves the coin and band.

Scalito
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
845 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
How about making a steel core folding coin and with a pk ring just turn the bottle over and when the coin is at the neck just grab the neck and slide downward pulling the coin out under cover of the hand.
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs +

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
David Roth had a great ending to this effect where in the bottle ends up inside out with the label on the inside, it was a hell of a kicker.
I made one up. It's a bit of a pain, but the effect it has on people brings the effect to a new level; haven't done it in a while though.

I believe it was documented on one of the old Tannen Tapes
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 08:39, TWOCAN wrote:
How about making a steel core folding coin and with a pk ring just turn the bottle over and when the coin is at the neck just grab the neck and slide downward pulling the coin out under cover of the hand.

Honestly this is what I thought would be the case before I bought the gaff coin. I assumed it would have a steel core so that you could pk ring it out.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2703 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Gents.....using a PK Ring to extract a coin really is using a sledgehammer to crack a nutshell - in my view.

Shaking the coin out of the bottle (as in the age old method) gives you the most natural misdirection than any other coin effect that I can think of.

This is my favorite trick EVER and in 30+ years of performing it, I can honestly say that I've never been called on the switch. If you present the trick correctly, then the heat is on the bottle - NOT the coin.
Barry Allen
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Merc, don't get me wrong. I can do the trick now with no problem. My last post was just in reference to what I had imagined the trick to be before I really saw it.

A week or so ago I did this routine, and I apparently put an extra r****r b**d on the coin because it was not coming out of the bottle. I had to shake it vigorously to get it out, and it ended up coming out in pieces. Fortunately with almost no effort I was still able to make it look like it was a solid coin. Plus I got a friend angry because I absolutely refused to do the trick again at some point through the night (as I couldn't) but he didn't know why. It was fun.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4865 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
My first handling in coinjuring was to use a mini- bottle and have the bottle vanish from around the coin! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2803 Posts

Profile of John Long
I've had trouble extracting the coin by shaking it out. This can be a problem if the bottle belongs to the spectator!

I had a "duh" moment when I saw Joshua Jay's method from his complete course book. Use your finger. It looks magical. Then you do the usual to allow the spectator to inspect the coin.

Blindspot looks good, a little something extra allows for a safer way to start things. I'm due for a new coin, if its not too much more than a regular, I may go for it.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
293 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Is there a ferromagnetic folding coin? I had an idea for a routine but it required the coin to be both foldable and attracted to a magnet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How do I get coin in bottle out of bottle? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL