The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best white paper to one bill change method? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
382 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Hi everybody,

what is the best white paper to one bill change method?

I perform the trick at a table without spectators sitting at the table so in my case it doesn´t matter if the bill is examinable at the end or not.

My favorite is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqALa2hPehw
The bill is folded on the back side of the paper on an eight. You fold the paper three times and then you fold up the bill three times to open the bill. This tricks gets very good reactions. I don´t know if it is magicians thinking or if the trick really has the little disadvantage that you can´t show the back of the paper or the back of the bill completely (you have to cover one eight).

I also like and perform Dynaswitch from Gary Ouellet. But there you can not really show the back side of the paper and if a video camera is very very close it gets dangerous.

Is there any better method for this effect?

Daniel
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Daniel Ulzen,
I've use this exact change for years. By the way nice video, clean. The difference is here in the U.S.A. I start with a U.S. $2.00 bill and change to. two $1.00 dollar bills.
Like you I get a tremendous reaction. I'm sure there are better methods, but my audience is stunned, I take advantage, using magicians wax to do the steal and the hand out, by palming I can reume the effect if I have to.
Regards,
JMNewlon
Retired
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Daniel - have you considered Tango Magic's 'Kartis Bill Change'?

See here:
http://www.tangomagic.com/product.php?pr......0&page=1

This is the review that I wrote for the Café once I'd bought it - you may want to check it out before deciding if it's for you:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

I hope that this information helps you.

Regards,

Bal
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6658 Posts

Profile of Dougini
"Cinch" looks like what you might be looking for!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2572

Doug
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
382 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Thank you very much Merc and Dougini.

For my purposes "Cinch" looks perfect, I will buy it.
Harper
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Harper
I heard what's called Cinch first ran as a trick in Genii
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Harper.......
Cinch did run in an old GENII magazine and if you purchased the DVD you would see that I give Toshio full credit. What I did was change the position of the bill for a cleaner display and the method for keeping the bill atatched to the paper.

Remember... We only get better by standing on the shoulders of the giants before us..

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
382 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Shaun,

do you know if any german oder european dealer is sellung your DVD? Would be easier for me to buy the DVD there.

Daniel
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Im very sorry Daniel,
I don't know anyone who is selling it over seas. I know that papercrane magic does do business with a few dealers overseas but I am not sure which ones.
If you still want the DVD I am sure we can figure a way of getting CINCH into your hands. Contact me privately
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1081 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Here is one that will be out in a week or so and it's very easy.
The actual change is whats so startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUCg5KIF......embedded
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 02:57, Steve Haynes wrote:
Here is one that will be out in a week or so and it's very easy.
The actual change is whats so startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUCg5KIF......embedded

Doesn't beat the Kartis Method in my view.

Why?

Well, firstly (and most importantly) you aren't even showing the bill on both sides - in the demo, you only see HALF of the bill's reverse! I think that point will be challenged in the spectators minds.

There's also a worrying MAJOR flash in the actual demo clip - suggesting that this method has some pretty severe angle problems?

Finally, the 'clean-up' appears pointless and confusing.

I'll definitely stick with the Tango Kartis Bill Change.
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
158 Posts

Profile of gary31525
Until a few day ago (when I received 'Cinch', by Shaun Robison) I would have said the best white paper to money change was one of a few bill changes I have, but since I have received 'Cinch' I honestly believe it's the best white paper to money bill change on the market.

Why? Simple!
1. Because you can make the switch and hand the money out for inspection and that bill will stand up to any inspection the spectator can put it through.
2. Best of all, there is no Thumb Tip involved.
3. It's super easy to make.
4. The method is just about fool proof.

If you are a magician that likes bill switches, trust me. You will not only not regret buying this, you will be extremely happy that you did!

Chris
Atlanta, Georgia
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Daniel I believe Alakazam magic in England is selling Cinch and just reveiwed it on their videonews this past week. They gave it two thumbs up and it really looks clean and is a great trick.

Shaun, you would by any chance know what year or issue it ran in Genii would you?

Snidini
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
508 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
No matter which "white paper to bill" trick you want to perform - you should certainly check out the pat page setup and handling to see where it all came from!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 11:10, rhettbryson wrote:
No matter which "white paper to bill" trick you want to perform - you should certainly check out the pat page setup and handling to see where it all came from!

Rhett - agree with you BUT I'm pretty certain that the Fred Kaps version 'Newspaper to Dollar Bills' was the first of this genre. This trick is outlined in Fred's lecture notes that were marketed by Ken Brooke in Feb '73.
Barry Allen

Edward Victor 1936
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Wow!!!!,
I am just so glad that everyone is using and enjoying CINCH

I never would have thought... Well anyways Enjoy everyone!!

Have a great 2012

Look for new effects coming from myself and papercrane magic very soon

Shaun R.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
225 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2011, Daniel Ulzen wrote:
Hi everybody,

what is the best white paper to one bill change method?

I perform the trick at a table without spectators sitting at the table so in my case it doesn´t matter if the bill is examinable at the end or not.

My favorite is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqALa2hPehw
The bill is folded on the back side of the paper on an eight. You fold the paper three times and then you fold up the bill three times to open the bill. This tricks gets very good reactions. I don´t know if it is magicians thinking or if the trick really has the little disadvantage that you can´t show the back of the paper or the back of the bill completely (you have to cover one eight).

I also like and perform Dynaswitch from Gary Ouellet. But there you can not really show the back side of the paper and if a video camera is very very close it gets dangerous.

Is there any better method for this effect?

Daniel

Hi Daniel can you please tell me the name of this particular Bill Switch? Is it a marketed effect?

Thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21791 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2012, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 11:10, rhettbryson wrote:

Rhett - agree with you BUT I'm pretty certain that the Fred Kaps version 'Newspaper to Dollar Bills' was the first of this genre. This trick is outlined in Fred's lecture notes that were marketed by Ken Brooke in Feb '73.

Sorry to say, it was not Fred Kaps, but Burt Allerton, it is published in the Stars of Magic book. I am referring to method. Then came Patrick Page, with his version. Then a flash verssion like Fred Kaps, of which was marketed by a defunt company called, "Suds" in California. Then Ken Brooke published Fred Kaps version and sent them along with Fred's Lecture Notes. That is history as I know it.

I performed Fred Kap's version for many years, it is the one I like the best.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Check our NickEinhorns penguin lecture. One of the best paper to bill changes ever, plus tons of other great effects. Real value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best white paper to one bill change method? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL