The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Panic by Aaron Fisher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
This is Aaron's vanishing deck effect, here's what he says about it;

I'm pleased to announce that after a many years off the market, my vanishing deck effect Panic will once again be available for purchase at Midnight EST on Nov. 25th.
Finally, after these many years, the cards will be available in both red and blue blacks.
Over the years since I first developed this incredible trick, I've discovered a wealth of new information--not just about how to perform Panic, but also, how to most effectively teach it.
This summer, with the help of my good friend, the very talented Wayne Houchin, I created a new 45 minute instruction video to give you all the information you need to turn this wonderful trick into your own spellbinding miracle

I don't have a link to this, if anybody could post one that would be great!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Thanks for that, and very good it looks too.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Wow, Aaron. That is a beautiful visual miracle. Well done!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Gotta pick one up this time.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is a beautiful illlusion. I picked up 3 sets when this was available a few years ago through T11.
It's all in the reflexes.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Illucifer, how do-able is this in the real world? Angles, reset?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Hey Jugglestruck,

I picked this up from T11 a few years ago and I find it completely doable in the real world. I personally used it as an opener, but you can get into it at anytime. The gimmick is easy to use and you're covered from all angles but from straight behind you. Clean up is easy and you can use this in a lot of different ways. I don't use it very often because I like to open with In a Flash if I'm doing multiple effects, but it has gotten great reactions when I have used it. There are a some great tips and convincers on the DVD and it is well taught. If you like what you see, I'd recommend it.

Adam
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Fantastic! I have wanted Panic for a long time now and it is finally being released again. Smile

Any pre-orders?

Thanks!

Jim
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have Panic and recommend it. It is not really my style (I am a mentalist) but it is a first rate effect
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
This effect sounds better and better.......
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Thinking about getting this however I already own 'The Travelling Deck' by Magic Tao. Does anyone have knowledge of both effects that could advise which they think is better and why. I have to be honest that I have never worked The Travelling Deck as I struggle to switch the gimmick in during a routine. The routining for Panic, from what I can see on the demo, seems to cover switching the gimmick in no problem.

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Hmm just saw David Penn murder this one on WPR with his cack handling.

Have to say that Humbug looks more convincing.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I thought it looked fine on WPR. I saw no evidence of murder. Smile Seems like a sweet transposition for $25.

When I saw Dave wearing a jacket, though, I thought "Oh, crap -- it requires sleeves." But then they showed a clip of Fisher doing it in a T-shirt and explained that Dave was only wearing a jacket because he needed pockets and was sitting down. Guess he could've rolled up the sleeves of his jacket like all the cool guys did about 10 years ago!

I'm impressed that you don't need a jacket and that you can apparently do it FASDIU. Can you also go straight into another trick with the deck you just pulled out of your pocket?
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
No jacket required. The deck you pull out of your pocket can be used as is for other tricks. Makes a nice deck switch also.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 18:27, Zombie Magic wrote:
Makes a nice deck switch also.

Bonus! Good point.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Is this included in Mandolin or Ryder Bicycle backs?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
The new set will be in Mandolin back. But it is suggested that you can pull this off even your deck is in Bikes.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 14:20, Failed Magician wrote:
The new set will be in Mandolin back. But it is suggested that you can pull this off even your deck is in Bikes.

Okay, thanks.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Can't recommend this one highly enough. A fantastic effect. Personally I never liked using it as an opener myself, nor having the deck go to my pocket. Not that it's bad like that, I just wanted something different. Any ways, I'm just saying this to let people know you can do it so that the deck does something different, like ending up "back" in the box, etc.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Panic by Aaron Fisher (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL