The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Favourite knots from which to escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Iris Caraway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Iris Caraway
I always prefered to use Kellar's knot, but are there other ones people use? Maybe more convincing knots?
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2011-11-16 15:05, Iris Caraway wrote:
I always prefered to use Kellar's knot, but are there other ones people use? Maybe more convincing knots?

Yes--the ones spectators prefer to tie.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Iris, As my magician friends would say "This seems to be a Method in search of an Effect". In other words, it's backwards.

In theatre (and Escape Artists are theatre people) In theatre, you write a plot then find ways to make it happen. Same thing should hold true for those constructing a series of escapes.

If your goal is to have an escape where your hands are tied, another where there is a time limit and, another where you are in a precarious position THEN you would find the best, most complementary, escapes that fit the time slot and budget. But to ask "what's the best" in almost every case, is like putting the horse before the cart.

I think we can assume you're somewhat new to this, if not please excuse my comment but you don't show a profile.... so I'm going to take a leap and ask exactly what books, DVDs, pamphlets and escapes you already own but suggest that you find someone in your area that already knows a bunch and make friends with them and also buy some secrets in the forms listed above.

Again, If I'm wrong, I apologise but the original question is usually one that's asked by up-n-coming performers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Favourite knots from which to escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL