The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » An old De-val lucky find. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Sitting as I do scanning Ebay last week I was lucky enough to see a very old David De-val book appear. As I have started to collect his books etc this was indeed a one off I think. I emailed the ebayer after the sale who told me he found it in a charity shop of all places so you can imagine the surprise at that. Published in 1981 by the Supreme Magic co. Never new this existed. Any one know if its rare?
All the best
Andy
Impossible is just another level of difficulty
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi, Everyone who was into escapes at that time will have a copy. I think David was one of the first and few to put technically parts of the art into print.
A good fine for sure.
Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Nice find.

I don't think it's hugely rare. Although its long out of print. As Ian said, anyone who was around back then will probably have a copy. I don't own one myself, but I do have a couple of lock picking booklets he wrote.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Find a copy of the Littler manuscript on challenge escapes then you will be in the money.
CHAINS had a set go at auction a while back and they topped well over £3500.

Went to a collector (What a waste!) So will proberly never see the light of day again !

Ken.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'm gutted. Wish I had that kind of cash available Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
You mean to say escapology has NOT made us all wealthy?!? Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
If you want to add another book to your collection, you may want to check this book from 1913.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=81&0
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » An old De-val lucky find. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL