The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » IT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SVG84R
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of SVG84R
i want to start with levitation effect and i'm totally a newbie to it.
can anyone here recommand what to start with so i can get into IT??
And also is IT practical?? can you do close up with IT??Also is it that impromptu??oh yeah for the last question,is loops better than normal IT??
thx in advance
Mark Young
View Profile
New user
south florida
33 Posts

Profile of Mark Young
I would reccomend Jon LeClairs book. I've been using his hook up for years. I think it is the best for walk around situations.

Mark
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6755 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yep,

Gotta agree totally...plus check out the video, "Who's Afraid Of I.T.?"

Great stuff!

Doug
SVG84R
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of SVG84R
is there a demo on leclair with IT???
does it come with dvd??
mugician51
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mugician51
I used to use regular thread until I discovered loops. I really like them, as they are very easy to hook up (just put it around your wrist), and they are alot stronger than normal thread because they are mad of invisible elastic. The only problem is the price, but I tie my own loops now so it's not a problem.

I would personally recommend either loops or invisible elastic, because they are both very easy to use, and there is less chance of the thread breaking. Also, you don't have to deal with stripping out thread.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6755 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Loops I've heard of, but never ran across any (I was going to say I've never SEEN any, but that's a bad pun).

I'd love to learn more about it, but I'll have to wait until The Banquet Room invites me in before everyone can discuss it openly.

I'm looking forward to that.

Doug
catbertek
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of catbertek
SVG84R,

I second "Who's afraid of I.T.?" as an excellent starting choice. I also own Ammar's "Easy to Master T. Miricles" and I thought these were also very good DVDs.
The information on harvesting your own I.T. alone is worth the price of admission.

Mugician51,

You are 110% correct! Loops are our friends! Fairly
strong and (keypoint) always ready!
sta-RONG!
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
I second Easy to Master Thread Miracles, excellent material on there.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6755 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK, guys, I'm thrown for a "loop" over this topic!

Smile

Thanks for the PM, Catbertek, I'm going to need to look into further info about that. My income's severely limited, so harvesting is what I'm interested in...

Eventually I'm buying Ammar's DVD's. Ever met him in person? I never have, but I'm told he's a very amiable and open person. I have at least eight of his VHS video teach-in tapes, and his Cups & Balls book, as well as two of his lecture notes. So the DVD's are a sure buy. One thing at a time. What's a good price? How much are the VHS tapes, if there are any? I might just be looking in the wrong place...as for some reason those titles escape me...guess I'm just going loopy Smile

Thanks again!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » IT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL