The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Swipeit: Direct and Organic Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Remote viewing, mind reading, song revelations, predictions and more... All with an iphone or itouch.

Swipeit is impromptu, can be performed with spectator's phone and no special software is needed.

This manuscript gives you the basic guideline... You can explore further for many more ideas.

This is very direct and organic mentalism.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Where do we find this?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2215 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I just got this from J Prager, and I really like the method.

The original source for this effect I perform on a weekly basis, but I really like J Pragers take using the IPhone or ITouch.

You can PM J Prager directly and he will fill you in on the details.

The pdf is not expensive at all, and it is very simple and to the point.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
It is avaliable at http://mindshocks.com the price is 3.95 USD.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
I am giving away review copies, please PM me if you want one.

:)
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Message sent. I LOVE ipod/ iPhone magic. While some people frown upon it, I think it is so powerful for laymen. Especially when its THEIR iPhone. It's shocking.
rickhypno
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of rickhypno
What is the effect?
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
632 Posts

Profile of Sensio
"Organic", the hottest keyword in mentalism lately...

Some demo video would help a lot...

:)
SENSIOPAD - Finest Peeking Technology

K N O C K O U T M E N T A L I S M . C O M
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
So 2 weeks after I send you a copy of my effect : Fate .... from T11's Wire. You've got one too. Sounds awfully similar my friend.

I'd love to take a look Jose and see what the differences are within the method ?

I do hope Swipe-it isn't too apt of a name for it.

Cheers,
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
It is not similar at ALL.

Not even 1%.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5725 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
To be fair it is 2% similar... In that it uses an iPhone and it is $3.95. Smile

Swipe it is that clean piece of mind reading which lends itself to jazzing with the method. It allows the performer to connect with the participant's own life in ways which are organic to the situation and can have real emotional impact on the participant.

What you get is a simple idea, a simple method, which is quite contemporary but like classic Mentalism techniques it allows one to go in so many directions. Imagine using it for ******* done with the participant's own phone. It's a revolutionary ******* idea and again makes it totally organic.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
I have this. Basically what Jose is giving you is a method to f***e a picture, document, website, list etc on a borrowed or your own iphone or ipod touch (running ios 5).

After that its up to you to decide where you go from there. Be it one a***d or a direct prediction of what they will 'choose' etc. As mentioned there is no set-up or special app required so you can borrow their device (as long as it is running ios 5) and you are ready to go.

For the price I guess you may well think of some good uses for this.

BTW I should mention its the spectator who holds the iphone and makes their own choice.

Hope this helps
Chris
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
You're right Jose it's not the same method, although I can't help but think this isn't thought through enough.

Duplo was great, but this just feels rushed. Your ad copy says no special software is needed... but they need ios5 to be able to do it.

The remote viewing of a picture is fantastic though! It really is worth the price of the download because as long as your iphone has ios5 (which mine does) you can use your own phone. Instead of checking if theirs has ios5.

So yeah in conclusion, if you have an iphone with ios5 on it, and you'd like to be able to remote view a spectators random picture selection. Pick this download up.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Being an owner of FATE, SwipeIt makes an amazing partner in crime with Geraint's effect. Just think of it, after successfully completing FATE, I've often been asked to repeat the effect. SwipeIt allows you to do that - but this time - you can allow the spectator to randomly generate the songs on their song list by swiping. Two methods that help eachother out in my opinion.

Its true that this is a no frills offering by Jose, though, I do not own Duplo (though have read nothing but raves), so I cannot compare to the production value of that recent offering. That being said, it does not need to be flashy. The attached .mov file depicts everything the user should know in terms of handling. If you've owned an iPhone for even a small amount of time, the .pdf file will be plenty.

Also, having used an iPhone for around 3 years now, I can tell you that you DO NOT need iOS 5 to perform this effect. Sure, the way that Jose describes it - you would need the newest software. However, the technique can also be performed with a little tweaking if you do not have the current software. I'll get in contact with Jose and see if its okay if I help people who may have an older iPhone (3G, etc.) that may not be able to put iOS 5 on their phone.

All in all, though I do have a review copy of this effect, I think that the price point was smart at under $5. Even if the production values were higher and this was a "Shot in HD using the coolest Canon SLRs" type of video - the idea still sits very well around $4 and no more than that. In fact, I strongly recommend purchasing this WITH Geraint's FATE on Theory 11's The Wire as well. I don't think they could be any better when utilized together. They're both $4 so for $8 total you have some versatile techniques using borrowed iPhones - that's just a little over the price of a MAGIC magazine.

Cheers,
Justin
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Jose,

Sorry I wasn't able to do a review but my phone doesn't have ios5. Sigh. One more reason to get a new iPhone.

D
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Don't worry my friend.

I think you can easily update your iOS.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Verily clever idea and great that you can use a borrowed phone. So many great possibilities.
~Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
907 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I was lucky to get a copy of José's new manuscript - it's a simple, neat idea. Combined with good presentation it will definitely get some awesome reactions.

Best regards,
Mike
ijohan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ijohan
Just got this, excellent, any idea for presentations? Thank you.
kaide
View Profile
New user
kuching,malaysia
25 Posts

Profile of kaide
Do you have any video abt this?
sound like the effect is very intresting:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Swipeit: Direct and Organic Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL