The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pocket Printing Press Generation 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Hi All. After 7 years of experimenting, and extensive trials through hundreds of performances, I've produced the third generation of my Pocket Printing Press. The first generation appeared in my first book, INSIDE OUT. The second was in my early lecture notes. Of course my opinion is biased, but I think generation 3 is the best Ashes-on-the-Hand method available. Your participant openly or secretly decides on a completely free choice of a number from (and including) 1 to 10. You clearly show your hands to be COMPLETELY empty as you openly place a vial of ash into your participant's hand. Then, at the climax of the routine, you sprinkle some ash from the vial (the participant can do it themselves if you wish) and their free chosen number appears in ash on the back of their hand. Questions?

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Questions?

Yes. Why limit that to some magic trick? (Said tongue in cheek).

You can build up some powerful mojo with that device. I would call it the Macumba device! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I like the Macumba device!
:)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Christopher,

Besides the regular ash used, do you need to replenish or re-order any other items after several performances?

Can you change the number shown if doing table hoping or will it always reveal the same number?

Can you change the device to reveal either a single letter or two letters (someone's initials)?

Thank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-18 15:17, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Questions?
I would call it the Macumba device! Smile

As I didn't know what "Macumba" means, I looked it up on wikipedia.org: "this word is used by most people as a pejorative word meaning "black witchcraft".

OK, I can go with that Smile

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-18 15:47, magicinsight wrote:
Christopher,

Besides the regular ash used, do you need to replenish or re-order any other items after several performances?

Can you change the number shown if doing table hoping or will it always reveal the same number?

Can you change the device to reveal either a single letter or two letters (someone's initials)?

Thank you very much.
Michael

Michael: You need to replenish the "ink" used. You receive a tube of it that will last about a year and when needed it really easy to recharge the tube after a quick trip to the supermarket.
It would be a different number each time.

Only numbers are available right now but there could be letters in the future. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Christopher,

The PPPG3 sounds like a terrific effect. Just one more question: can teh specator easily wipe off the "ink"/ash by using a regular napkin or does a wet towelette need to be used?

I look forward in using this. I think I I can come up with a way to use it in conjunction with your wonderful There and Back effect.

Thank you again for your help and courtesy.

Best wishes,

Michael
New York
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Interesting question, Michael. A wet towelette is not necessary; just a good rub with regular napkin will do it. It will stay on all evening though if it is not actively rubbed off.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Christopher,

Thank you for your help. My order will be made first thing in the morning...or maybe tonight if my kids go to sleep early.

Best wishes,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Without giving anything away of course, is the procedure stress free? Or are there multiple steps involved. In other words, is the method direct and easy to accomplish. I ask because aside from Stigmata which I perform all the time, there are a couple of "spectator gets marked" products which I found very cumbersome and annoying to execute, therefore they sit in my drawer

Thanks in advance
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Hi Vernon: I suffer no stress what so ever in using this but you can judge for your self; there is a detailed description of a typical application here: http://www.taylorimagineering.com/produc......ress.php

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Thanks Christopher. This looks like a winner. Will be ordering soon
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I loved this in Inside/Out!
And I can't wait to see what you've done with it!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Like dmoses, this was one of my favorite parts of I/O.

My one question, I know the website says it comes in a mint tin (I'm assuming Altoids or something similar.) However, would it be possible to migrate the inner workings of the PPP into something a little more antiquated if that's what your story required? Say, an old Tobacco tin or such that's shaped similarly? Or are the workings permanently fixed to the Mint tin?

Best regards - highly looking forward to this!

Justin
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The device is hidden in an innocent mint tin (or other locations based on your preference).
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

Pegasus beat me to it. PPP is designed so that you can easily move things around as Justin suggests.

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
I got to see this beauty in all its development stages over many years. It is a very cool walk around piece of mentalism. I know Christopher uses it in his weekly restaurant gig where he is a highlight for all the diners at that fine establishment.

Good on ya Christopher!

TC
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I like it too, but will be nice to have this in a kind of antique box or something like that...I am not that good to build stuff so will be great to have different option to chose from...
I like it btw... Smile
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2266 Posts

I find the more innocuous the container the better for walk around but it is literally a snap to put the workings into something like a wallet or another box of some sort like to one in the attached. In the one shown, it would be child's play to add a false bottom so that people could look into the box at some point. Cheers.

Christopher

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Christopher, I add my voice to the chorus - Is it possible to get letters OR perhaps just silhouettes of common designs (you know... boat, house...) ???
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pocket Printing Press Generation 3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL