The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tango Ultimate Reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I also was the proud owner of a Kirkendall, I've bought many since, and they just don't measure up for one reason or other. So, I am very happy for this release! Silk Thru Mic Stand was my main use for the reel.

Doug
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I have spent some time with the reel and DVD and am pleased. The DVD spends time going through the complete operations of the reel including taking the reel apart and putting it back together. Once you have viewed the DVD you can be confident in the workings and repair/adjustment of the reel if it ever needs any work. The instruction of the effects is clear and concise. A well thought out product which should provide some very strong magic. I have not yet had an opportunity to perform with this utility device but am looking forward to doing so in the near future.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I wish it were faster for Dougini's reason.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
I just recently got the Tango Ultimate Reel. For the Silk Thru Microphone it seems a little slow. I wonder if others who have it have felt the same.
If you shorten the string would it make it fast to perform the STM?
Am curious how others have felt about it. thank you.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Steve,

I don’t have this particular reel, but with every reel I have used a shorter line length is always faster in retracting. It's a known trade-off with any reel: you can lengthen the line but you get slower retrieval. Shorten the line and it gets quicker. I don’t know if the Tango reel's line length can be easily changed by the user, but if it is then you can experiment to find the best balance between line length and retraction speed.

Jim
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Thanks Jim,
That was what I was thinking but this is my first reel. With the Tango he provides a DVD in which he goes to great length in showing how to take it apart and replace the line if necessary. So as you said find that right balance with length and retraction speed.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
It isn't the LENGTH of the line, it's the TENSION.

Of course, making the tension stronger will shorten the line length a bit...Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ya know, I was wondering if a couple of paper discs made from a playing card, and lubed with Hoppe's Gun Oil would make a difference? My Kirk' was set up with those. Just a thought...
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Hey chappelly, what is on the end of the line?How are you attaching your silk,and have you a vid showing stms .
thanks Jon.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I have been working on stms with a lighter leash,it seems to work fine but is way to noisy,a tango reel might be the go.
hrer it is with the lighter leash.
http://youtu.be/rFvsTGSsfdA
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Hi Jon,there is a stopper and an o ring for the silk to be knotted onto.I haven't got a vid.

The Tango works very smoothly. There is a slight bit of noise but I have used it close up with a ring from a linking ring set.No problem.

Chappelly
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Thanks.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
My Tango reel came in the mail today Yeh Haaa!
Along with my Extractor gold and a new Ultimate dancing cane.
Life is good
There's DVD'S TO WATCH AND PRACTICE AFOOT.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Great . Let's know what you think of the reel.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
No complainst about this reel,it's great and I love the thumb brake.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ordered one... I've had almost every reel made... will see how this compares.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Am interested to see what you think Pete.

This is first real reel that I have had.

The others have been El Cheapos.

I reckon this one is great.

Chappelly
aceofspades71
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of aceofspades71
I have Todd Lassen reel from few years ago. It is a real treasure. He doesn't make them anymore (at least I don't think he does) and it is such a pitty because it is an ULTIMATE REEL IMHO. I purchased Tango and it ok but it is like nght and day in comperison with Lassen's. However, price is like night and day when you compare both (Lassen being of course a lot more expensive). Just my two cents!
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Mine snapped last night while working a concert . Embarrassing!!!!!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I envy you. Anything Lassen is golden. Tango's reel is the best reel I have owned, Quick,quiet and therubber wheel part is a brilliant idea.
I love mine.
James

Quote:
On 2012-12-22 03:14, aceofspades71 wrote:
I have Todd Lassen reel from few years ago. It is a real treasure. He doesn't make them anymore (at least I don't think he does) and it is such a pitty because it is an ULTIMATE REEL IMHO. I purchased Tango and it ok but it is like nght and day in comperison with Lassen's. However, price is like night and day when you compare both (Lassen being of course a lot more expensive). Just my two cents!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tango Ultimate Reel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL