The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tango Ultimate Reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Anyone know about this? Just received a YouTube link from WMS. Might be pretty nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFa2_zMZW......oademail

Here's the pitch.

Throughout the years top quality reels have been expensive and difficult, if not impossible, to obtain. Marcelo Insua a.k.a Mr. Tango has worked for years to examine the best attributes of past reels and combine those with brand new ideas and technology to bring you one of the best reels ever created to the magic market. The Tango Ultimate Reel, designed for working professionals, is high quality, affordable, dependable and designed for quick and easy adjustment or replacement of the thread. Never again will you have to get rid of your reel because the thread was cut and it will take only minutes to be fixed. T.U.R. was conceived as a reel to be used for many years.

The Tango Ultimate Reel comes with a DVD that explains how to quickly and easily take apart the reel to replace the thread as well as instructions for visual and very commercial routines that you can perform in close up, parlor or stage magic.

Tango is a name associated with the highest quality craftsmanship, so if you are looking for a precision tooled, high quality, dependable yet affordable reel, you want the Tango Ultimate Reel (T.U.R.)

Cheers!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
csantill
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of csantill
I am interested in this as well. it is listed at $89.00 at Murphy's for pre order but there is no release date

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=48220

Thanks
Lachlan Davis
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Lachlan Davis
I would also like to know when this comes out
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Anything on this yet?
Smoothness, speed, sound, strength, etc.?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Locking?
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friends,

The reel was introduced 10 days ago, but we only send a few quantity to Murphys, in the next weeks you will see the product at the magic stores
MeHitDrum
View Profile
New user
Having too much fun to have more than
83 Posts

Profile of MeHitDrum
Mr. Tango,
First, to be honest, I feel that in the past the quality of Tango products was really lacking and I think others would agree. However, I've noticed a strong effort to get the train back on track. I appreciate those efforts and now I wouldn't hesitate to purchase your products as long as I have enough information on them before buying.

More to the point, I'm glad you've decided to put this reel on the market, but it is a substantial amount to spend on a reel and I do have questions just like Slyhand's above post:

Smoothness, speed, sound, strength, etc.? especially in comparison to reels produced in the past? Please comment on these points.

Thanks,
Dave
DavidLeeMagic.com
"...but we're magicians, and enjoy lying" -James Brown
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I have used a Kirkendall Reel and now the Tango Reel. The Tango Reel is very smooth, fast, quiet and strong.

It is larger than the Kirkendall, lacks a finger clip and is black rather than flesh colored but I don't count either as a problem.

It is decidedly easier to change thread on the Tango as opposed to the Kirkendall. Having said all this, I like and use both reels.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
csantill
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of csantill
I only have inexpensive reels to compare this against, which could no be repaired. But so far I am impressed.
It is larger that I expected but as Andre pointed out not a big deal, It was pretty easy to take apart and put together back again. It is also quiet.
The companion DVD talks about the reel having two O rings, one that can be used as a break, but mine only came with one. DVD offers a few uses and some tips.

Carlos
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Could someone post the diameter of the reel and also how long the thread can extend from the reel. I've been using the Kirkendall for many years for the Serpent Silk. The silk I have is 30". As such I need a certain length of line to be able to have the silk hang down properly after the knot has been tied.

Cheers,
Chris
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Diameter 1.5 "

Length 45"

Chappelly
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
532 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I personally have never had any quality problems with the Tango products that I have purchased. I am looking forward to seeing this new reel on the market. I ordered june tonight and will give it a workout when it comes. My go-to reels have always been P&L.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
532 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I received my reel yesterday. I am VERY impressed with the thinking that has gone into the design and manufacturing process. It is quality all the way. The DVD offers great instruction in taking the reel apart, servicing it, changing the thread and changing the tension takeup speed. There is even a way it can function as a locking reel. I have ordered a diamond cut 36" silk to use with it to do the vanishing knot and the penetration effect. If you are in the market for a fine reel - you might give this one a look.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 10:20, rhettbryson wrote:
I received my reel yesterday. I am VERY impressed with the thinking that has gone into the design and manufacturing process. It is quality all the way. The DVD offers great instruction in taking the reel apart, servicing it, changing the thread and changing the tension takeup speed. There is even a way it can function as a locking reel. I have ordered a diamond cut 36" silk to use with it to do the vanishing knot and the penetration effect. If you are in the market for a fine reel - you might give this one a look.

Let us know how it works wih the silk.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Friends I just can say that I worked one year to design the reel I hope you like it
ebusojar
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ebusojar
Hello All:

To those who have purchased and experimented with this reel, would it be possible to alter it from it's condition upon arrival to make it a slow-takeup locking reel? By this I mean I'd like the speed of the reel to be SLOW (odd, I know), and have the extended thread lock in place based on a pressure system (So I could depress the button to initiate the takeup).

Also, if the reel were altered in this way, would its slow and locking characteristics hold for multiple uses? If I were to take up all the thread and then pull it back out, would the following takeup be the same speed and have the same locking ability?

Thanks for your help, guys!

Evan
Evan Northrup
www.evannorthrup.com
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Anyone else have this and would like to comment on it?

Alec
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
I have it and love it.

It works perfectly for silk through mic stand and I have given it quite a workout since I received it.

Still works fine.

Andre above has summed it up well.

Chappelly
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Thanks. I ordered this and will post a review after testing it.

Alec
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:
On 2011-12-28 12:08, Andre Hagen wrote:
I have used a Kirkendall Reel and now the Tango Reel. The Tango Reel is very smooth, fast, quiet and strong.

It is larger than the Kirkendall, lacks a finger clip and is black rather than flesh colored but I don't count either as a problem.

It is decidedly easier to change thread on the Tango as opposed to the Kirkendall. Having said all this, I like and use both reels.

Andre

I don't like finger clips, I removed mine from the kirkendall, I had. If I do go with one these, that's just one less thing for me to do.
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tango Ultimate Reel (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL