The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tango Ultimate Reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
173 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
Quote:
On 2012-04-09 01:05, J-Mac wrote:
Steve,

I don’t have this particular reel, but with every reel I have used a shorter line length is always faster in retracting. It's a known trade-off with any reel: you can lengthen the line but you get slower retrieval. Shorten the line and it gets quicker. I don’t know if the Tango reel's line length can be easily changed by the user, but if it is then you can experiment to find the best balance between line length and retraction speed.

Jim

I have the same feeling! The tension is strong but it is a little slow. I haven't use it silk (18") thru mic or arm, because the tension is to strong. I have to say the swedisch reel is better. You feel no tension and its really fast.
I use my TUR for stealing and that works good for me. I have now idea how can make it practical for the 'mic'
froopy30
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of froopy30
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 18:45, Dougini wrote:
Ya know, I was wondering if a couple of paper discs made from a playing card, and lubed with Hoppe's Gun Oil would make a difference? My Kirk' was set up with those. Just a thought...

To Dougini,

I use my Kirkendall for Silk through mic too, but it was way too slow. Evidently, the spring is very weak, I replaced it with a 1 dollar-Reel-Spring, which already made it a good amount faster. I removed the felt and replaced it with a playingcardmaterial, and changed the line to fishingline. Its much faster now, but if I want to use a good length of silk, its still not fast/strong enough. Did you find a solution ?
froopy30
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of froopy30
Another thing, I own a ringfly revolution. And that reel is a beauty. Its very strong, fast, and silent. For Silk through mic its perfect...i just happen to have a big Key in which it is build in, so its hard to conceal in the hand. But I havent seen a better reel in this pricerange todate.
rynku
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of rynku
I have this also..
the reel comes in one color, which is black. the thread (fishing line) is also black. It has a stopper (thumb brake) in the middle
the instruction is very clear (mr.tango covers all the details on how to repair the reel, replacing the thread etc...)

I feel this is the most important thing, not all reel can be repaired if broken. And this one is very easy to repair.

The speed is awesome.

The reel is as big as an eisenhower dollar (approx).

if you are performing "silk thru microphone stand", find a chromed microphone stand.

one little thing though, Mr tango should've supply more of the "O" ring.

over all it is very good!! 9/10
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
993 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Can somebody please tell me what you receive within the package?
Just the DVD and the reel? No spare O-Rings at all?
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
The package comes with a DVD and the reel. There are no other spare parts included.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2013, rynku wrote:
I have this also..
the reel comes in one color, which is black. the thread (fishing line) is also black. It has a stopper (thumb brake) in the middle
the instruction is very clear (mr.tango covers all the details on how to repair the reel, replacing the thread etc...)

I feel this is the most important thing, not all reel can be repaired if broken. And this one is very easy to repair.

The speed is awesome.

The reel is as big as an eisenhower dollar (approx).

if you are performing "silk thru microphone stand", find a chromed microphone stand.

one little thing though, Mr tango should've supply more of the "O" ring.

over all it is very good!! 9/10

I had been pondering over whether to invest on this or not . Now with more and more reviews my temptations grew ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Just to mention, Mr Tango demos the reel on his Penguin Live lecture, so you can get a pretty good idea of it there too. The lecture is full of excellent stuff, good value in my opinion.

Larry
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Banned after
486 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
I've bought a T.U.R. last week. Unfortunately a small part of the spring broke when I was replacing the thread the 1st time (my fault, Marcelo covers this on the dvd).
However, I was still able to repair it and it works like a charm again. Question I have is; what if the spring should be seriously damaged? Are there springs avalaible? Since the T.U.R. is quite "modular" and easy to open it should be easy to replace it yourself.
If your reel is slow, check the stuff in the bottom part. If there's to much of it this wil slow down the reel.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm interested in the product. But I want a reel that makes no noise, and is fast. More important is the noise issue. My RFR for instance does not make noise and is fast when it retracts. Thanks in advance for any information.
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
349 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Interested in this reel too, just hesitant with the price but suspect I will be buying (there doesn't seem to be much competition)
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2012, Pete Biro wrote:
Ordered one... I've had almost every reel made... will see how this compares.

So how did you like it, Pete? Thank you.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I just bought the TUR from Marcelo at his lecture last Friday. This is my first reel so I can't compare with the others but I have seen many in performances..
From my limited experience, I am very happy with it and I am currently practicing silk through mic stand so I can be as smooth as Marcelo.

The only thing I am not happy with is the video.
The instructions themselves are fine but it's an online Vimeo video and it's not that reliable on a mobile device such as an iPad. I can't download it and I can only watch it while Vimeo and Bar Magico is in business. These things change,
I prefer having video instructions on my hard drive or on a DVD.
Does anyone know if a DVD or download is available. I can prove ownership if necessary.
Or Is there a way to download from Vimeo.

Thanks,
Ihor
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
I use the brass jumbo reel for all the effects shown in these videos, and I am very happy with the price, quietness and size of the reel. Their getting harder to find! Madhatter magic has the best price I could find! And great people to deal with! No better value for the money! This one to pricey for me! I also designed a reel for long applications similar to a Kennedy reel but with a button and it's one solid piece it's so quite you have to hold it to your ear to hear it! Great for dollar bill snatching, and silk around pole! I carry 2 at all times in a double mini phone pouch attached to my belt! One with a dollar note. The other with a silk! Keep it Reel! lol..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tango Ultimate Reel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL