The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » 1 on 1 hypnosis training (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dkarahan
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of dkarahan
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone living in London (has to be london) can tell me if there are hypnosis courses where you can learn and train 1 on 1. I really tried learning this with many hours of training via dvd's and books but still not brave enough, so I decided that the way for me to go is taking up a course, any help-information-recommendation would be great about where or who to approach

thank you
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"but still not brave enough" to do what?

For hypnosis you need a subject and with just you are the mentor that narrows it down a bit.
If you are not brave enough to meet and converse with subjects then no amount of knowledge will help you much.

Why not join one of Anthony's groups where you are all in the same boat together with a mentor to instruct you. Lots of hands on practise as well I hear. Just what it sounds like you need.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
If your problem is bravery, then it´s not hypnosis training you need, it´s your "approach" that needs working on.
sorry if this is pointing out the obvious.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Your skills as an entertainer should take care of and overcome the bravery issue.
dkarahan
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of dkarahan
Quote:
On 2011-11-20 16:59, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
If your problem is bravery, then it´s not hypnosis training you need, it´s your "approach" that needs working on.
sorry if this is pointing out the obvious.

I am open to any advice, thought as hypnotism is really an area that I have a very limited knowledge about except few training books - dvd's, I would say that my problem is not %100 bravery. Well yes it is but its not that I never felt brave enough to go out and try what I learned-scripted-practiced on any 'subject' but my bravery problem related to the hypnosis comes from the fact that I have failed all my tries so far (over 15 serious tries) It naturally discourages you and leads you to think that the best approach would be a 'live' education with a mentor
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Glad you realized that. The training will more than likely allow you to see why you didn't get the results you desired, and what you may have been doing incorrectly. More than likely it will also fill in many missing pieces that will make the world of difference in both your confidence and in results.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Okay, I see what you mean. I was in a similar situation not so long ago.
There are so many places that you could potentially be sabotaging your success that the fastest way to remedy it, more than likely is to go to some live training.

I don´t recommend one on one. One on one you will learn less than in a group. At least that´s how it is in my experience.

Anthony Jacquin regularly runs courses in/near london, although I´ve never been to one myself.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
John Chase is on the south coast (Dorset) and I highly recommend him as a mentor
http://www.mayfairtheatre.net/JonChase/?page_id=2982#
dkarahan
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of dkarahan
I got a few replies, also PM's will check all the links and info written, thanks to everyone for their help
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I've PM'd you also...
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I agree with Owen. I would suggest that you begin not with a 1-on-1, but with a class. In a class you'll have the opportunity to hypnotize (and be hypnotized by) different people. 1-on-1 with a mentor may not get you much experience at all.

AFTER working with a class, going 1-on-1 can advance your knowledge and skills. So, too, will reading books and watching videos.

Good luck!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I disagree. With the right mentor you will be hypnotizing by lunchtime and none if it will have the social compliance of the classroom (I'm NOT knocking the classroom by the way).
I do think there is room for dmkraig and I to meet halfway across the bridge here. He IS correct in general but I'm talking about a mentor who KNOWS 'how to'.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
steerange
View Profile
New user
West Country, UK
10 Posts

Profile of steerange
Practice, practice, practice. Be prepared to get it wrong sometimes (and it will). You won't learn from your mistakes unless you make some. Put some ads in a local paper for hypnosis support group, hypnotist mutual support or even just free hypnosis. The latter category will make you work hard as they have few expectations and little incentive to comply. With all 3 groups you will learn, get ideas, fail and learn more. And get some practise.
Change Your Mind, Change Your Life
Have a SteeRange experience
dkarahan
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of dkarahan
Hi steerange, actualy problem for me is coming from a country where hypnosis trainings-educations are forbidden unless you are a medicine-psychology student-worker. The reason I said London is that I will be there for 2 weeks in february and a chance for a hypnosis training seemed to me like the best way to use those 2 weeks
steerange
View Profile
New user
West Country, UK
10 Posts

Profile of steerange
OK DK. Now you've explained your situation you stand a better chance of meeting some people who could help. I no longer live in that area but I'm sure now there will be some who can help you. Contact Anthony Jacquin (frequent poster on this site and top guy) who runs little get-togethers, occasionally in London. If you can get outside London for any length of time, there will be people who can and will help. If you head West towards Bristol & Somerset then gimme a shout. I'm happy to share & care.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
DK Get someone who's been there and done it mate or all you will get is technique, and you can get that from a book. Make sure they have a traceable track record and some sort of recognition outside of the hypnosis or magic community. Also teaching isn't just showing you or telling you stuff, and mentoring is teaching. If you want I'll give you an hour on Skype but you will HAVE to send me video so I can see your style, forget bravery just do something with a friend and be as nervous as you like. Easy to hypnotise people will go anyway. Smile
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
steerange
View Profile
New user
West Country, UK
10 Posts

Profile of steerange
Hi DK, Take JonChase up on his incredibly generous offer. He's the top teacher in the country IMHO. He's easy to speak to and has experience to back him up. An hour on Skype is worth it's weight in gold.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
February in London?
http://thehypnotist.co.uk/academy-of-hyp......classes/
Jon's latest training includes the best of both worlds. Some group training and the possibility of some one-on-one follow-up.
You'll also meet and work with Todd Newton and I.
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
Man I wish I could be in London around that time...Having JonChase + Reg in the same class is not only awesome but almost overkill Smile

Now plus Todd and having the possibility of group training plus one-on-one...damn I'll have to sell a kidney to get some funding.

David
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
We can arrange that, I'm sure...

Quote:
On 2011-12-10 05:42, Biovf wrote:
I'll have to sell a kidney to get some funding.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » 1 on 1 hypnosis training (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL