The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cold Dry Hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicDr
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
111 Posts

Profile of MagicDr
This recent cold weather is putting a wrench in my wheel. I can't get my sleights to appear natural since my hands are either too cold (and I can't work cards with gloves) or my hands get dry too fast. How do you deal with this when working cards?
MagicDr
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
111 Posts

Profile of MagicDr
Ooop, I thought this was the cards forum. If a mod catches this, kindly move this thread to the appropriate forum

Thank you
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Start with this thread. If you need more information use the Café's search function There are many threads on this very subject. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2
MagicDr
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
111 Posts

Profile of MagicDr
Thanks, it was a great thread. I'm getting the Corn Huskers and Quiksort
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
You're welcome anytime.
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
I have the same problem. Thanks for the link.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
Thanks for sharing this, it's these kind of small details that make the big difference in the long run!

MP
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Personally I am finding OKeeffe's Working Hands to last a lot longer than Cornhuskers. So far it is the best I have found.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
OKeeffe's Working Hands is the best for my hands and I have tried everything. Cannot recommend this highly enough. I have also noticed an interesting by-product of using this... The more I handle the cards when using OWH, the better they spread/fan! Anyone else noticed this? One of the ingredients is paraffin
so I suspect this is what helps the cards fan better with use. A hand cream that makes cards fan better? Wow.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4056 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Maybe it is the surer grip on the cards at the base of the fan that has helped?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
The best,and most workable,practical way to avoid such problems is to avoid getting old Smile
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
MagicDr
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
111 Posts

Profile of MagicDr
Thought I'd share my experience with cornhusker lotion over the past few days. I love how they help me handle card with more ease, but I dislike that it rubs off so quickly. I'll look into getting O'Keefes and see if the longevity is real is that good. Where can I find this?

Quote:
On 2011-11-25 15:13, Adam1975 wrote:
The best,and most workable,practical way to avoid such problems is to avoid getting old Smile

I'm 27!
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
480 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
They carry O'keefe's Working Hands at Lowes... at least in the Chicago area they do. It's in/near the paint department.

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Drosselmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
West Hollywood, CA
113 Posts

Profile of Drosselmeyer
Hi Folks,
I too have a problem with dry, cracked hands in cold weather and keeping everything "pliable". My hands get so cracked that I cannot touch silks. They stick to my callouses and dry skin like velcro. Here is something to try in addition to your favorite hand cream or "goo". My wife bought me a hot paraffin wax bath appliance a few years back and this thing works wonders. I dip my hands every night during the winter months and it keeps the skin soft and hydrated. The hot wax also provides excellent therapeutic effects to help with arthritis and general stiffness. Highly recommended!!
Regards,
--Drosselmeyer
Regards,

--Drosselmeyer
Bobbert
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
152 Posts

Profile of Bobbert
Has anyone tried Dan and Dave's lotion sold on their website? Its pretty pricey, but personally I love the smell of coffee which is what they infused in it. Was thinking of buying some, but never been one to use lotion for cards.

At the moment, I just breathe on my hand! Gives you the 5 seconds you need to do your sleight before your hands get dry.
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Quote:
On 2011-11-26 10:12, Glenn Morphew wrote:
They carry O'keefe's Working Hands at Lowes... at least in the Chicago area they do. It's in/near the paint department.

Glenn

Also at Home Depot in the Paint section. Bout 6-7 a jar and a little bit goes a long way. Bed Bath and Beyond also sells it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cold Dry Hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL