The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » UK availability of a Ghost Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joff
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Joff
I am looking for a ghost tube to sit nicely in my square circle (replacing the circle). I want the tube to be about 5" diameter. I saw a Di Fatta tube that might work http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/popup_image.php?pID=9168, but can't find a UK stockist of this item, or indeed any ghost tube with a 5 " dia. Anyone know of a UK (or European - but not US) supplier?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Di Fatta web site shows a video by Mondo Magia for the referenced Phantom Tube. Check with http://www.mondomagia.it

Most Phantom Tubes today are made 4 inches in diameter, in the USA only. When I was looking for one a few years back, I could only find 2 makers of the Phantom Tube. Abbott's Magic manufacturer say they are no longer an item used any more, thus they refuse to make them any longer.
Joff
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Joff
Thanks for that. It appears that MondoMagia does not ship outside Italy. Hopefully someone will know of a company that will ship to the UK. The Ghost Tube pictured at the MondoMagia web is just about the right size (5" dia x 9" height).
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have to ask, what is your concern with products shipped from the USA. You British Pound Sterling is 1.75 times our dollar. So by buying from the USA you actually save a ton of money. So shipping may be a little higher, but this is offset by the value of your Pound Note as well. I can ony see it as a Win Win for people from Britian buying from the USA. Am I missing something?

Anyway, that phantom tube is not on any magic site or wholesaler site that I can find.

I can only suggest this course of action for you.

Here is the manufacturer and wholesaler.

http://www.difattamagic.com/index.php?pag=aboutus.php

Email them and ask if they can give you the name of a magic dealer that has their Phantom Tube in stock, so you can purchase the tube from their reference.
Joff
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Joff
You are missing the Customs and Royal Mail handling charges!

The Phantom Tube will cost me $40 (£25) + $30 (£20) shipping. A total of $70 (£45). Customs charges apply on goods shipped into the UK (from outside the EU) with a value of $23 (£15) or more, which on this value would be $15 (£10). We also have to pay the Royal Mail a handling fee of about $15 (£10). Therefore the total cost for the Phantom Tube would be around $100!

If there was a European stockist, I won't incur the customs and handling charges.

I have contacted them to find out if there is a stockist nearer to me Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » UK availability of a Ghost Tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL