The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New and Improv'd - Comedy and Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
New and Improv'd 

First let me state, I don't make any money from this, I'm writing the 'heads up review' because I really like this book!

My friend Mowgli (yes, that is a pseudonym. He's known as Celloboy here) asked me to put together a web page for his new book, and take a look at the book, to see what I thought.

I did both. 

Here is the website: http://www.improvisedmagic.com/

... and here are my thoughts on the book:

Not only will this book help you get to grips with the tricky task of adding humour to your performances, it will help you do it organically; allowing you to be more 'You'. I found the chapters on writing and adding your own personality to an effect invaluable. 

I honestly believe the advice in this book will improve your performance and patter. 
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Aw, shucks. Cheers Alex.

Yeah, the book is on pre-order now. The techniques I teach are as applicable if you are a mentalist or magician, so never fear if you are one or the other or a bit of both. They are much more about you.

The pen name is just to keep my professional name separate from any work I do for the community. I'm sure you all understand in this age of Google, and I'm sure you'll all respect that. And if you've ever met me/seen me you'll understand that it seems a fitting pseudonym.

If you have any questions about the book or anything at all just ask away. Happy to help!

Mowgli
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
The first sentence reads..."Mowgli is a critically acclaimed improvised comedian and magician."

Are you sure this is what you meant to say?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of takeachance
How's this coming along at the printers. I know there was a delay. Any further update?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-12-03 15:35, bunkyhenry wrote:
The first sentence reads..."Mowgli is a critically acclaimed improvised comedian and magician."

Are you sure this is what you meant to say?

"Improvisational" would be the correct adjective.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
I hope so...Painful to watch an improvised magician! I have seen many of them!
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the delay in posting, been away gigging.

Well spotted on the mis-type. Grammar is sadly not my strong point, so I appreciate the correction. You'll be glad to know that the book was corrected by a proof reader. I'll get that changed as soon as I can.

The books have been sent out now, and should be with people. Happy to answer any questions anyone has!

Hope you are all well
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Hey all.
Just a heads up after being listed as one of the top books of 2012 by Jheff I've re-released New and Improv'd in a PDF format, which can be grabbed over here:
http://tinyurl.com/ImprovMagic
Hope you all enjoy.
Cheers
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I don't know why I hesitated ordering this before... but god bless the eBook.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
How many pages?
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Magicduro, the book is 103 pages long. The information on those pages is not bad either, but then I would say that.

I think we should all celebrate the PDF more. The idea you can have a book at your finger tips from across the otherside of the world without having to wait weeks for shipping is something that continues to amaze me.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I gotta say, I celebrating this PDF a bit!
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New and Improv'd - Comedy and Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL