The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can you say Ouzo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
OUZO.

That is the word of the day in Greece. Everywhere you go to eat, it is served, mostly gratis. Of course, I am obliged to drink!

Anyway, hello to all as I stop by this internet Café to drop a line to my friends on the magic Café!
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
OPA!!! Have some Ouzo for me Blindbo, and while you are at it some Galakto Boureko.
Who is John Galt?
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
I envy one man in the world right now and you are he! Been to Greece twice and have missed it everyday since. Food that can move a man to tears. Send me a postcard. Smile
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Enjoy. Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Just got back from Skiathos—Greek Island.

I must have gone to wrong places...plenty of Ouzo but none of it free where I was!

Howard
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
While stateside, a Greek businessman shared a bottle of Ouzo with me. After a few shots of that stuff the rest of the evening became quite a blur. Opa!

Glad to see all goes well with you in Greece Blindbo. And don't forget, while driving about in Greece, if you run out of fuel that Ouzo is a suitable replacement.
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
And don't forget, while driving about in Greece, if you run out of fuel that Ouzo is a suitable replacement.
But only BEFORE you drink it! Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Dude...you're on vacation...in Greece.

GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND STOP TALKING TO US NERDS!

Have fun!
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Blinbo,

Ha! Randy's and Jones' responses killed me...well not literally...but made me chuckle. Smile

I am very envious of your vacation...ahhh Ouzo. Wicked stuff...drink of the gods I think. Have fun and thanks for thinking of us sitting at our computers while you are having I'm sure an awesome time. Sigh.

Smile (wish I was there, instead of here)
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
I can't say ouzo when I've had some!

Matt
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Maybe there is just so much Ouzo before you get to your Sunday flight to Athens and find out it is really a MONDAY flight to Athens you have??

No too bad, just meant I spent another day on Crete. Today I am in Delphi on the S l o w e s t internet connections in the world!

Tomorrow, off to who knows where. OH, did triumph to a shepherd in Crete. I had him wave his staff over the cards...too cool!!

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you all and magic transcends language very well.

kallissperra,
Blindbo
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
First time I was ever drunk was age 15, at the Acropolis, drinking Ouzo.

It's never been the same . . .

Jack Shalom
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Blindbo, I don't know if you know it or not, but, the first french fries were invented in Greece.

Ouzo you say? I'll drink to that!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Have fun blindbo...
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
My friend and I finished an entire bottle of Ouzo together at a friend's birthday party a few years ago.

Sick...as...a...dog...

The only time I have ever been sick after drinking. It was one of those deals where you are passed out on the couch, and very, very suddenly wake up and chuck in your shoe. Complete accident; it just happened to be right there on the floor in the direction I was chucking. Didn't hit the floor at all.

Man, is that gross. I'm going to shut up now. My apologies.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can you say Ouzo? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL