The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » For your consideration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
http://illusionsbyvick.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

Posted this in the New to Magic section as many reading here aren't new or this could help you formulate the effects you consider

Be well

Best Wishes,
Vick
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very true vick.
thanks for enlighting us.
todd
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Thanks Todd

I've been on a crusade to elevate the art and have magic accepted and recognized as a performing art and not just on the next to lowest rung of the entertainment ladder barely above mimes and balloon twisters (some balloon twisters work far surpasses what some "magicians" are presenting)

Rocco is a good example, think about your favorite performers and why you like them and what makes them great?

Check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywkra7pd9Ps is a great piece, a bit surreal but truly art
It amazes, makes you think and feel and gives more than it takes
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Not too sure I can fully agree with your assessment, Vick. There were several things presented in the act that made no sense as far as relating to the theme (which I took to be his relationship with the girl in the picture). At times he was simply taking something out of his vest, doing a few tricks, and then putting it back. I really expected to see the girl in the picture suddenly wearing the pearls and the scarf; otherwise what's the connection?

I think if you're going to go the artistic route, then for that bit everything needs to refer to and strengthen the story line. Your audience should never have to strain to figure out how any portion of the act (such as an acrobatic candle flame) fits with the theme. In the case of this video, I think he did not fully accomplish that.

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » For your consideration (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL