The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Pop-open handcuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2862 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
This has nothing to do with magic - it's an idea I had for a possible upcoming talk.

Basically, what I'd like to do is hold up a pair of handcuffs (locked), and, as I make my point, have them just pop open. No cover, magic passes, or anything. The "shackle" parts would just slide off the locks.

I'm figuring maybe hold the ratchets open somehow, and then slide the "shackles" in so they're just held by friction, then give the cuffs a tiny shake when I want them to open. Come to think of it, I could do it w/ toy handcuffs; at ten or twelve feet away, some of them almost look like the real thing.

Any thoughts?
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
What kind of cuffs do you have in mind? Old? New?

What's the image your story demands?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
http://www.thehouseofenchantment.com/pag......pes.html

Third item down the left side. Push the button and they swing-free.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2862 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Harley: just a pair of plain handcuffs, and it'll be me talking as the "me" they already know from work. If this talk happens, it'll be a one-time deal, and the people involved won't know new ones from old ones.

Jay: thanks for the link, but I really want them to just pop open without my having to touch them.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Pop-open handcuffs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL